Flight distance : 66532907 ft
United States

NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL

DJI Inspire 1

App version 3.1.14
Aircraft version 1.11.01.50+
RC version 1.7.80...
Camera version 1.10.01.40

....I can tap and move camera. I can take pics. I can take videos. They play back on laptop but I cannot see anything in iPad.  HELP. ??
20953779_10155645869998599_7189348620190258194_n.jpg
20915144_10155645870008599_8063237889862886453_n.jpg
2017-8-18
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

The + sign after the AC version would suggest the update is not complete. I believe you may have to be connected and online to finish the update.

Mark G.
2017-8-19
Use props
webmaster.cdfms
New
Flight distance : 66532907 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-8-19 02:11
The + sign after the AC version would suggest the update is not complete. I believe you may have to be connected and online to finish the update.

Mark G.

"connected and online: - ?  The SD Card has the BIN file and it is in the X3 and the Inspire 1 is blinking yellow - but there is no beeping sound.  ?

What do you mean by "connected and online" - <dumb question maybe, but..> do you mean the Inspire 1 needs to be online?  I'm confused.  (Thank you for trying to help)
2017-8-19
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

webmaster.cdfms Posted at 2017-8-19 18:48
"connected and online: - ?  The SD Card has the BIN file and it is in the X3 and the Inspire 1 is blinking yellow - but there is no beeping sound.  ?

What do you mean by "connected and online" -  do you mean the Inspire 1 needs to be online?  I'm confused.  (Thank you for trying to help)

Make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet, AC on RC on then load the app. If this fail, try reinstalling the app.

Mark G.
2017-8-20
Use props
DALLASFREAK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074957 ft
United States

DUDE .....I have some good news and Bad news.....good news it a easy fix ....bad news your MAIN BOARD on you camera is bad. It will cost you 208.00 and about 3 weeks . I have been trouble shooting this issue for over 6months . I finally sent my Inspire1 in to DRONENERDS in Florida ......are you ready?.....78.00 shipping the setup.....3 weeks later they tell me its the camera issue and they can't fix it and i would have to send it to a DJI repair center. DRONE NERDS fee 100.00 plus 65shipping.......so i just saved you 243.00.........     I just sent then camera to the repair center no need to send the whole bird . or you can buy a new camera for around 450-499.....PS the guys a DRONE NERDS ROCK......They always get back to you and upfront in what they have trouble shot with your bird.....I hope the saves you a lot of time
2017-8-20
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ok, the + sign means you are updated to the Current FW  but the DJI servers need to confirm this , then you will have the current update with NO + after it .  Just fire up your  entire system but be near a wi fi source so the Go app device can connect to wi fi  , then sign into the DJI home page.  That should do it .

Now the NO Image  is  more than likely a bad video module on the Camera  ( the Encoder to be exact, not the Main Control board )   I need to see the Hidden file on the SD card from your last update to confirm this .  If you dont have the FW on the SD card any longer then just load the SAME FW again and wait a few minutes, the AC wont update but it will log the Files onto the SD card .  WE need to see lines 0800 and 1500  OF CODE  .  If you are up to date on the FW and have "Device not detected" on these lines of code , the Camera at the minimum will need to be sent in .

Here is a link on how to view the hidden file.
How to View Hidden Files: Tool to  diagnose No signal and SD  Issues

More than likely this is your problem , Just want to confirm as there is a small chance it is NOT, but this will complete the diaganosis  for sure .  I have seen theis NUMEROUS times .

donnie.
2017-8-20
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

DALLASFREAK Posted at 2017-8-20 03:29
DUDE .....I have some good news and Bad news.....good news it a easy fix ....bad news your MAIN BOARD on you camera is bad. It will cost you 208.00 and about 3 weeks . I have been trouble shooting this issue for over 6months . I finally sent my Inspire1 in to DRONENERDS in Florida ......are you ready?.....78.00 shipping the setup.....3 weeks later they tell me its the camera issue and they can't fix it and i would have to send it to a DJI repair center. DRONE NERDS fee 100.00 plus 65shipping.......so i just saved you 243.00.........     I just sent then camera to the repair center no need to send the whole bird . or you can buy a new camera for around 450-499.....PS the guys a DRONE NERDS ROCK......They always get back to you and upfront in what they have trouble shot with your bird.....I hope the saves you a lot of time

To be specific did the say your "Encoder " Or as commonly referred to as the Video module on the Camera was bad ?  Just wondering where the "Main control board" term came from .  Was it on the aircraft ? or on the Camera the part that was replaced On YOUR system . Was your failure on the 03 06  line of code, the Main Contol board  ? The Main  contol board is on the Aircraft and NOT on the camera, Unless I am missing something .  

Just trying to understand what they replaced on yours so I have the terminology correct .  I think you are correct on the OP challenge.  Just not sure if it is the "MAIN BOARD "  that gets replaced .

Did you happen to look at  log on the Hidden file on yours before shipping ?  did you have the "Device Not Connected " on lines 0800 AND  1500 .  ?  Just wondering if you happen to have seen this before shipping it to drone nerds .
also for future reference , If lines o800 and 1500 say "device Not connected" then 99% of the time  only the camera needs to go in , If line 1500 says it then the Whole system or at mimimum the AC needs to go in as the USB module has failed .

Here is alist of the code and their function .

thanks

donnie
Log meaning 0800 1500 etc.png
2017-8-20
Use props
DALLASFREAK
lvl.2
United States

DJI informed me inspire 1 camera main board on x3 is bad .....replaced for 208.
2017-8-20
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

DALLASFREAK Posted at 2017-8-20 07:22

Ok , thanks .  Maybe that is what they refer to it as .... I  have always heard it described as the "Encoder Module " or the "Video control  Module  "  I Wonder what part it actually  is .   Thanks for sharing the information  , appreciate it .

donnie
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DALLASFREAK Posted at 2017-8-20 07:22

Sorry for the experience with our products and hope you will get it back soon and enjoy flying again.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

That's right, the'' + '' means the firmware version hasn't been synced and you need to connect your mobile device to network.
Did you update the firmware successfully last time?
What mobile device are you using?
Please unplug the SD card to see if image will recover.
Do you have another RC to do the troubleshooting?
2017-8-20
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-20 20:32
That's right, the'' + '' means the firmware version hasn't been synced and you need to connect your mobile device to network.
Did you update the firmware successfully last time?
What mobile device are you using?

I have that plus sign next to mine, and I cannot get rid of it. It doesn't seem to have an affect on anything. Do I need to try an reload my firmware?
2017-8-21
Use props
Steve K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2067 ft
United States

I've had exactly the same issue before. I contacted DJI and we talked about the issue. After asking me a few questions, they finally asked me to send it into the service center. A few days after I sent it in, I received a notice that the mainboard of the camera was the cause and it had to be replaced. They charged me $273.
2017-8-21
Use props
DALLASFREAK
lvl.2
United States

Steve K Posted at 2017-8-21 20:28
I've had exactly the same issue before. I contacted DJI and we talked about the issue. After asking me a few questions, they finally asked me to send it into the service center. A few days after I sent it in, I received a notice that the mainboard of the camera was the cause and it had to be replaced. They charged me $273.

Came in yesterday 208.00 and they sent me a new/refurbish one. Thanks DJI
2017-8-23
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

DALLASFREAK Posted at 2017-8-23 11:41
Came in yesterday 208.00 and they sent me a new/refurbish one. Thanks DJI

So you spent $243 at Drone Nerds, plus the $208? I live in Florida, and would drive my Inspire there for a fix, but am surprised that they couldn't fix that, as their website implies otherwise. They make it sound like they can do any repair, as they are an authorized service center.
2017-8-23
Use props
DALLASFREAK
lvl.2
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2017-8-23 13:27
So you spent $243 at Drone Nerds, plus the $208? I live in Florida, and would drive my Inspire there for a fix, but am surprised that they couldn't fix that, as their website implies otherwise. They make it sound like they can do any repair, as they are an authorized service center.

they don't work on the cameras
they informed me that it was a issue with the camera .
I was charge for  time trouble shooting and shipping back
2017-8-23
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

DALLASFREAK Posted at 2017-8-23 18:04
they don't work on the cameras
they informed me that it was a issue with the camera .
I was charge for  time trouble shooting and shipping back

Well, that is good to know, but with the no image problem, it really could be a number of things. I feel bad you had spend the $243 bucks.
2017-8-23
Use props
DALLASFREAK
lvl.2
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2017-8-23 18:33
Well, that is good to know, but with the no image problem, it really could be a number of things. I feel bad you had spend the $243 bucks.

I was trouble shooting for six months doing anything and everything the forums  would tell me . I would try and locate someone with a camera and meet up . its a 5 minute test. good luck
2017-8-24
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2017-8-21 13:34
I have that plus sign next to mine, and I cannot get rid of it. It doesn't seem to have an affect on anything. Do I need to try an reload my firmware?

No, with the + sign after  the old  firmware means you are updated , Just be sure tofire up your system but have a wi fi connection to the go app.  Or another way is to sync your flight records with DJI. DO NOT  reload the FW, you are updated, just give some time and make sure the go app has a wi f connection, it WILL roll over sooner or later.

donnie
2017-8-24
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-24 04:11
No, with the + sign after  the old  firmware means you are updated , Just be sure tofire up your system but have a wi fi connection to the go app.  Or another way is to sync your flight records with DJI. DO NOT  reload the FW, you are updated, just give some time and make sure the go app has a wi f connection, it WILL roll over sooner or later.

donnie

Donnie, you are talking about syncing flight records through the app, correct? I usually do that after I am threw flying for the day.
2017-8-24
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2017-8-24 13:12
Donnie, you are talking about syncing flight records through the app, correct? I usually do that after I am threw flying for the day.

Yes, ( sync through the go app )  but when you do it , be sure you have a wi fi connection so DJI servers can update the  fact that you have the updated FW.

I find that if you have your system on standby ( like right before takeoff but dont start the motors ) then   fire up sequence in this order
1- RC 2 - AC    and lastly open the go app being sure that the go app has wi fi connection , be sure to log into the DJI page as well, this will give you the best shot at rolling over to the new firmware .

You may not need to go through all this but If you are having trouble getting the + sign and FW version to rollover than this should do it .

**** Persnally I do alot of flying at home and keep my wi fi connection  ( to the go app device , My I pad pro ) while flying and  have found my system updates within 24 hours of updating if not ALOT  sooner .

donnie
2017-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules