Upgrade firmware problem / No more camera
995 8 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tilby
lvl.1
France

Hi everyone, I bought a Phantom 4 Pro + few days ago, today he asked me to do a firmware update,
I plugged it and let it do the task, but very hard to got to the end of the process, I tried few times, and even when it says “ok, complete”, when I beboot it, there is no more camera image. any solution ? Thanks again...

2017-8-19
Use props
Tilby
lvl.1
France

(it asks me to upgrade to 01.04.0602)
2017-8-19
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

Try relinking the RC to the aircraft, see if that solves it. You might also want to hook up the AC to your computer and run assistant and see what it tells you.
2017-8-19
Use props
Tilby
lvl.1
France

Thanks A LOT for your answer !
I'm actually updating the RC firmware, because I had a message saying "Aircraft and RC firmware may not be suitable together”.
I'll see in a few minutes, hope something will work... ?
(And with your advise I'm also downloading the assistant)
2017-8-19
Use props
Tilby
lvl.1
France

OK, great, its seems to work again, with camera !

Probably a problem of non compatible firmware versions between RC and AC.
(I upgraded AC directly on the computer with the assistant software, and the RC by wifi)

Thanks a lot for your quick answer and help !
All the best.
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Tilby Posted at 2017-8-19 06:26
OK, great, its seems to work again, with camera !

Probably a problem of non compatible firmware versions between RC and AC.

Glad to hear that you've got it resolved, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-8-19
Use props
Geologian
lvl.1
United States

Hello,
I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro in January 2017 and flew it for the first time yesterday, ignoring the notice about needing a firmware update.  Today I updated the firmware for the Phantom 4 Pro, using the DJI Assistant 2 software on my laptop.  Now the remote controller will not link to the aircraft.  I thought this was likely because the remote controlled needed a firmware update too, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this.  The Phantom 4 Pro manual says that a prompt will appear on the DJI GO 4 app if a firmware update is available.  I do not see such a prompt.  (I saw one yesterday, but that may have been for the aircraft and not for the remote controller--I didn't look carefully enough).  Does the lack of a prompt indicate that no firmware update is available, or am I not looking in the right place for a prompt.  The next step I will try is relinking the remote to the aircraft, but I don't want to do that until I am sure that I have the latest firmware on my remote.
Geologian
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Geologian Posted at 2017-8-20 15:24
Hello,
I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro in January 2017 and flew it for the first time yesterday, ignoring the notice about needing a firmware update.  Today I updated the firmware for the Phantom 4 Pro, using the DJI Assistant 2 software on my laptop.  Now the remote controller will not link to the aircraft.  I thought this was likely because the remote controlled needed a firmware update too, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this.  The Phantom 4 Pro manual says that a prompt will appear on the DJI GO 4 app if a firmware update is available.  I do not see such a prompt.  (I saw one yesterday, but that may have been for the aircraft and not for the remote controller--I didn't look carefully enough).  Does the lack of a prompt indicate that no firmware update is available, or am I not looking in the right place for a prompt.  The next step I will try is relinking the remote to the aircraft, but I don't want to do that until I am sure that I have the latest firmware on my remote.
Geologian

What's the current firmware of the drone, controller and APP? I would recommend you to turn on the RC only, make sure it has solid network and wait for certain time to see whether it works.
2017-8-21
Use props
Geologian
lvl.1
United States

Hi Susan,
Thanks for responding.  After reading your comments I was able to successfully update the RC firmware, and take my Phantom 4 Pro for a test flight.  Everything appeared to be working just fine.  Thank you so much!

I do have one further question.  When I turned on the RC and drone this morning the first thing that came up was an Aircraft Status screen, and from this I was able to find the link to upgrade the RC firmware.  However, this screen does not seem to come up everytime I turn on the drone, and I don't know how to get to this screen unless it comes up automatically.  Can you tell me if there is a way to pull up the aircraft status screen whenever I want to?

Thanks!
Sally

Below are more details on how I updated the RC firmware, in case anyone wants to know.

I am using the DJI GO 4 app, version 4.1.5, with App data base version 01.00.01.04.  In the "About" section of the app, I just now (half hour ago) clicked on "check for update.  At first nothing appeared to  happen.  But after a minute or so the remote controller started beeping and the right-most LED started flashing white.   After another minute or so, the beeping stopped, all of the LEDs turned off.  I waited 5 minutes to see if the RC would turn itself back on.  When nothing happened, I turned the RC back on myself.

After this, I turned the aircraft on, in order to try to determine its firmware version.  The RC beeped and went to the aircraft status screen which indicated that everything was normal, except there was a red triangle in the top row, which I clicked on and it then said remote controller requires upgrade.  So I clicked on "download firmware".   After the upgrade completed, the app said the RC had been upgraded to the latest version: V01.04.01.00.  I then rebooted the RC, as instructed to do by the app.    After this, I was able to connect to my Phantom 4 Pro and fly it successfully.  (I had upgraded the firmware for the drone yesterday).
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules