Auto record feature please...
815 7 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77408 ft
United States

Midst all the discussions about complexities of firmware/software (and I know this has been requested before...), but please, please, please add an auto record to the GO 4 app. We're really not asking for all that much in implementing that useful feature...
2017-8-19
Use props
Sunny D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, I turned that off in Litchi, not something I would use.
Just to save time/remembering to hit the red circle?  What am I missing here?
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I do not think that adding an auto record in APP is a good idea due to the limit SD card storage.
2017-8-20
Use props
fester
lvl.3
United States

Sunny D Posted at 2017-8-19 12:01
Interesting, I turned that off in Litchi, not something I would use.
Just to save time/remembering to hit the red circle?  What am I missing here?

Well, the thing you may end up "missing" is that "once in a lifetime" Video, should you forget to hit that "Red Circle"...

2017-8-21
Use props
fester
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-20 22:18
I do not think that adding an auto record in APP is a good idea due to the limit SD card storage.

In the overall scheme of things, I'd have to think that remembering to disable that feature would be easier to remember than forgetting to start recording in event that something unplanned happens during takeoff that might require you to concentrate on immediate flight concerns.  
2017-8-21
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-20 22:18

I would really like an option to have it always start recording at take off.  Yes, it should be an option so you don't need to use it, but I do want to use it and so do a lot of others.  For me the SD card size is not an issue, I empty the card every time I charge the batteries and a cheap 64GB card is plenty big enough for 4 batteries of video.  I never intentionally fly without recording except when taking photos and even then I am happy to record the take off.

I don't often forget to start recording, but sometimes I am interrupted by people and have to land for a while, sometimes I power off the drone while I wait for the people to disappear and then I sometimes do forget when I take off again.  

Having an auto record option would give one less thing to worry about, for those of us who want to use it.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fester Posted at 2017-8-21 07:31
In the overall scheme of things, I'd have to think that remembering to disable that feature would be easier to remember than forgetting to start recording in event that something unplanned happens during takeoff that might require you to concentrate on immediate flight concerns.

Ok, I will forward this request to our engineers and hopefully they will consider it.
2017-8-22
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

fester Posted at 2017-8-21 07:21
Well, the thing you may end up "missing" is that "once in a lifetime" Video, should you forget to hit that "Red Circle"...

I feel the same Fester. I definitely have the option turned on in Litchi.
2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules