Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery two green in middle
6426 11 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SMacDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1700981 ft
  • >>>
United States

while doing the lastest update my spark bricked my battery with two lights on. It won't turn off or turn on. Any advice?
2017-8-19
Use props
ZhinGket
Second Officer
Flight distance : 111565 ft
United States

Open a case on DJI website, they need to be replaced (happened to me on 2 batteries), I sent my them for replacement but prepare to wait, I opened the case July 28, received the shipping info Aug 2 shipped to them Aug 3, received by DJI Aug 4 (i'm in CA), verified by DJI Aug 14, and as of this posting no updates, called, chat everyday for an update of the replacement but all promises that I will get them before my vacation (which is today), went to bestbuy last thursday and used my rewards to buy two new batteries, as this is the main purpose of buying the spark (to use for this vacation).  Upset that you see some people doesn't even have the refresh insurance got aircraft/accessory replacement faster than me that purchased the insurance.

Had the spark since day 1 (June 16) even pre-ordered the fly more combo (white) before the announcement is over, how is that DJI for taking care of your loyal consumers.
2017-8-19
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe not enough battery power during the firmware upgrade, have you tried recharging for a couple of hours and then retrying the upgrade, the battery should be still chargeable in this state.

Don't let the battery discharge at all, the status with the two lights won't change until the successful firmware reflash
2017-8-19
Use props
ZhinGket
Second Officer
United States

@Lannes, I did all possible troubleshooting on my batteries, charging doesn't do anything, tried discharging it and from July 27 since it happened till I shipped them on Aug 3, same two middle green LEDs are still lit, and as advised on my previous post, it needs to be replaced, this is also what I've been told by DJI support, even DJI assistant program can't do anything as the spark won't turn on, and these are based on my personal experience and not from what I've read on the other forums.  Unless someone found a work around that I am not aware of (the phantom battery work around maybe possible but will void warranty - didn't try it)
2017-8-19
Use props
SMacDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1700981 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZhinGket, I think I might have figured it out. I plugged it in like to charge it, performed upgrade while charging and the battery began to act normal again. You need to plug spark in to micro USB charger.
2017-8-19
Use props
ZhinGket
Second Officer
United States

Good for you, maybe yours didnt completely bricked, as the two middle LEDs do stay on during update but mine I did the update using my phone and it was like 20 minutes and spark just doesnt turn on then the 2 middle LED stated on, tried to connect the spark using the USB cable but didn't do anything just two green LEDs staring at me
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ZhinGket Posted at 2017-8-19 15:48
Open a case on DJI website, they need to be replaced (happened to me on 2 batteries), I sent my them for replacement but prepare to wait, I opened the case July 28, received the shipping info Aug 2 shipped to them Aug 3, received by DJI Aug 4 (i'm in CA), verified by DJI Aug 14, and as of this posting no updates, called, chat everyday for an update of the replacement but all promises that I will get them before my vacation (which is today), went to bestbuy last thursday and used my rewards to buy two new batteries, as this is the main purpose of buying the spark (to use for this vacation).  Upset that you see some people doesn't even have the refresh insurance got aircraft/accessory replacement faster than me that purchased the insurance.

Had the spark since day 1 (June 16) even pre-ordered the fly more combo (white) before the announcement is over, how is that DJI for taking care of your loyal consumers.

Sorry for this, could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it?
2017-8-19
Use props
ClarkMaxwell
New
United States

I had 2 Spark Batteries that both had the double middle green lights on.  Nothing I did could get the lights off (holding down the battery button trying to force a reset, putting in the charger, giving them time to cool down).  In a last ditch effort I put one in the spark and tried to do the firmware update again.  It stuck on 97% for a bit longer than normal, but it finally worked - the battery returned to its normal 4 light state.  I put the 2nd battery in and spark and tried to do the firmware update again.  It stuck on 98% & 99% complete for a bit longer than normal, but it too finally worked.  I took both batteries for test flight and then charged them - they worked normally.  If you have have the dreaded double middle green light battery issue you might give this solution a try before reaching out on the DJI website for repair/replacement.
2017-8-25
Use props
djiuser_IzTqpXX
lvl.1
United States

SMacDrone Posted at 2017-8-19 17:12
ZhinGket, I think I might have figured it out. I plugged it in like to charge it, performed upgrade while charging and the battery began to act normal again. You need to plug spark in to micro USB charger.

I just followed your advice and it worked perectly.  Put problem battery in Spark, plugged into charger, connected via controller and performed update.  Update went smooth although with a few strange sounds from the spark during update.  After that battery was back to normal.  Thanks!
2017-9-3
Use props
fansb7c78187
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92651 ft
United Kingdom

I've just had the same problem new battery for xmas only charged twice now its useless
2018-1-7
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

fansb7c78187 Posted at 2018-1-7 09:04
I've just had the same problem new battery for xmas only charged twice now its useless

It could be in hibernation mode.

If it is full charged leave it some time then give a try, if not then leave it on the charger for it's time even not showing the leds.
2018-1-7
Use props
fans43ca653c
New
Australia

I have same issue with the battery two middle lightd on all the time, not reponding to any actions I taken and won;t power up the Spark. so can't  re-updating what soever
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules