Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
be restricted to a height of 30 meters (98 feet) and a distance o...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ninjapimp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198222 ft
United States

[size=14.666666984558105px]I seem to be restricted to a height of 30 meters (98 feet)[size=14.666666984558105px] and a distance of 50 meters (164 feet)

I verify i'm not in beginner mode. i have latest firmware, everything is up to date.
yet starting today it now no longer lets fly farther than 160ft??
what gives?? last week i was able to fly it up to 1000 feet and now no matter how many time i try, for 3 days now i can't seem to go past that limit.
i have checked my settings and see no 160 limit placed anywhere.
I am out in the middle of nowhere, i have zero bars on my cell phone...thinking maybe i can tether the RC to my iphone...than login to the dji app?
i've logged into it the past but why would i want to connect it to the internet each time i fly? is this a new requirement, that the drone must have internets to verify or unlock this limitation>?

[size=14.666666984558105px]this is so damn annoying, i can't jsut fly the unit despite being in middle of nowhere. i check airmap and theres no airports near by, no towers, nothing at all.

[size=14.666666984558105px]anyone else have problem os the 50meter limit?

2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

No need to connect it to the internet, you can reinstall the APP, then log into it again, if it is the same, try to restart the drone and the APP, I would recommend you power the RC and drone on first, then start the APP.
2017-8-19
Use props
Naampla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203802 ft
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-19 20:12
No need to connect it to the internet, you can reinstall the APP, then log into it again, if it is the same, try to restart the drone and the APP, I would recommend you power the RC and drone on first, then start the APP.

Hi Diana,
I have the same problem. deleted the app and re installed it. it worked fine for two short trips up to 500 mts and then the 30/50 mtr block kicked in again on the 3rd start...
Have been resetting controller, tried phone and tablet and re loaded the firmware on the drone sd card.
2017-8-19
Use props
ninjapimp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-19 20:12

how to does one reinstall the app?

the advanced P4 has a built in LCD screen. its not an iphone you attach to it.
so i'm not familiar with deleting or downloading apps like i would on the iphone app store.

can anyone walk me thru this process....
does deleting and resintalling the app really fix this problem?
2017-8-20
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.4
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

ninjapimp Posted at 2017-8-20 07:24

If you have a built-in LCD screen, then you must have the Phantom 4 Advanced +.    I have a Phantom 4 Advanced and it does not have the built-in screen.  I think you can just re-install the app and it should cure your problem.  
2017-8-20
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hate for this to become my mantra, but try Litchi from the app store.  It costs $23, but it will release you from the issues you are mentioning.
2017-8-20
Use props
ninjapimp
lvl.1
United States

sorry but i've not figured out how to download or reinstall apps on my P4 advanced. i dont see how you delete an app or actually hwo you even access the app store if there none to launch>>??

can anyone explain how i access the apple app store to install apps?> on the P4 PRO advanced which has a built in LCD screen, which totally negates the need for an iphone which is why i bought.
i love the fact it has its on LCD screen which is so bright i dont need a cover for it, ic an use it broad daylight vs my P4 and iphone or ipad which in middle of the day was useless.
2017-8-20
Use props
ninjapimp
lvl.1
United States

as for that litchi app, it has 1 review with 1 star
and get this!!
stil in beta way points, orbit, autline, pano and autofilm are NOT supported yet!@!!
wtf, why pay $14 for features not available.
plus some of those features are actually avail already on the unit.
not that i care per se, i just need the stupid drone to fly past 160 feet which it wont anymore.

so i bring the drone back home
i turn it on and the rc and login to my dji go app
ok, logged in, all seems normal
i drive back out to the sticks....aand guess what
same godamn thing, wont let me fly past 160feet???
i cant login because i have zero bars on cell fone. theres no signal here

where i live, the airmap states i can't fly due to too many airpspaces and the drone throw up warning galore.
what gives....how to fly this damn this thing??? how to get past the limitations>? which to me seem bogus...i'm in the middle of nowhere. i have an iphone map that has a cached map of all heli and airports near by. theres nothing out here for more than 10miles either way.

i'm starting to regret spending $1600. i can't fly this dan thing anymore, anywhere. and when i do it beeps constantly with warning and alerts and my screen fills up with so many nags, my whole left screen is these stupid warnings and i end up trying to hit the tiny little X to get rid of them.
it treuly ruins the fun out of lying this drone, its become a chore and test of patience. i can't jsut fly and enjoy it anywmore.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ninjapimp Posted at 2017-8-20 07:24

I thought it is a Phantom 4. For the Phantom 4 Advanced Plus, try to reset the drone to factory default, then connect to the internet, log into the APP. See if it works.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Naampla Posted at 2017-8-19 22:33
Hi Diana,
I have the same problem. deleted the app and re installed it. it worked fine for two short trips up to 500 mts and then the 30/50 mtr block kicked in again on the 3rd start...
Have been resetting controller, tried phone and tablet and re loaded the firmware on the drone sd card.

Just to verify, is it a phantom 3 PRO? Normally, the drone blocked herself because she thinks the APP hasn't been signed in. Have you tried to restart the drone and APP like I mentioned in the post 2#?
2017-8-20
Use props
Chatikib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627979 ft
Netherlands

I am a Phantom 3 SE user. In addition, I use an iPad Mini 3 with a sim card. And I have the same problem.

The message remains on the screen but meanwhile I can fly more than the aforementioned distances. When I remove the message by clicking on the cross (right at the top), I don't get it back again.
At least, until I restart the app.
2017-9-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing here, after updating app to current, i get the same message
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced