Problem with all my videos - Dji Spark
4255 17 2017-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCBdron
New

Spain

Hi, we have a serious problem with our Dji Spark, and we don´t know if it's a hardware problem or a configuration issue. When we make a video with our dji spark (we try all video modes like tripod , normal and quickshot) each second or 2 second image have a problem with focus some similar to blur, you can see an example in next video ...
Please, can help us?
Thanks

2017-8-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I can't see a video!

Edit:
Opsi, I had vimeo blocked. Now I see the video.
How is the original footage looking?
I mean, is it like that in the downloaded file?
2017-8-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Strange effect indeed.
I have watched many many Spark shots and this is the first with this effect.
The only thing that I can imagine is the fps being scaled down from 30 to 25 and your edit software making a ghost frame to fill up the space between two frames.
2017-8-20
Use props
RCBdron
New

Spain

the original file is the same, we edit to join 3 video files from spark, but in original file is the same problem
2017-8-20
Use props
RCBdron
New

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-20 11:18
Strange effect indeed.
I have watched many many Spark shots and this is the first with this effect.
The only thing that I can imagine is the fps being scaled down from 30 to 25 and your edit software making a ghost frame to fill up the space between two frames.

thanks, but the original file from spark have this issue, all 30 fps and all with this error
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropbox or Google Driver, then post the link here, we'll check it for you.
2017-8-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok, I was hoping for a quick fix for you.
2017-8-21
Use props
RCBdron
New

Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-20 19:14
Please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropbox or Google Driver, then post the link here, we'll check it for you.

Thank you very much, we found the problem with your clue ;) the videos on the dron's memory card are at 29.97 fps but when we download the videos from the dji go iOS phone app, change the fps to a strange 30.57

We have edited the video with the files directly from the memory card to 29.97 using after effects instead of imovie and the result is better ...
2017-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RCBdron Posted at 2017-8-21 10:24
Thank you very much, we found the problem with your clue ;) the videos on the dron's memory card are at 29.97 fps but when we download the videos from the dji go iOS phone app, change the fps to a strange 30.57

We have edited the video with the files directly from the memory card to 29.97 using after effects instead of imovie and the result is better ...

Much much better indeed. And what a beautiful video!
Good to know it was a quick fix after all ;)
Now lets hope DJI will add 25fps soon....
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RCBdron Posted at 2017-8-21 10:24

Thanks for your update, the videos from the SD card are original video files and the videos from the APP are cached videos. It is recommended to use the original video files since they are really much better than the cached videos.
2017-8-22
Use props
STBi01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33573 ft
Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-22 21:20
Thanks for your update, the videos from the SD card are original video files and the videos from the APP are cached videos. It is recommended to use the original video files since they are really much better than the cached videos.

Is there a way to edit the video in IOS app and then export it in the best quality?
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

STBi01 Posted at 2017-8-22 22:25
Is there a way to edit the video in IOS app and then export it in the best quality?

You can download the original videos from the SD card to the APP. Go to the Editor, click the icon in the top left corner, then choose On-board SD.
2017-8-24
Use props
STBi01
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 01:57
You can download the original videos from the SD card to the APP. Go to the Editor, click the icon in the top left corner, then choose On-board SD.

i tried that but i get an error message
2017-8-24
Use props
STBi01
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 01:57

2017-8-24
Use props
RoyTeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45194 ft
Singapore

i primarily use imovie to do simple movie edits but mostly from footages from cameras with no issue. I've not yet used footage from the spark yet but when previewing on my mac, it does seem jerky.
So, are you saying that the spark footage won't import well in imovie? Is there a fix or i need to use another software?
2017-8-24
Use props
Ace Flysome
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37671 ft
United States

RoyTeo Posted at 2017-8-24 17:08
i primarily use imovie to do simple movie edits but mostly from footages from cameras with no issue. I've not yet used footage from the spark yet but when previewing on my mac, it does seem jerky.
So, are you saying that the spark footage won't import well in imovie? Is there a fix or i need to use another software?

I literally just imported footage (original from the drone) and edited in iMovie with a great finished product without framerate issues. Maybe it's not showing me the framerate issues because I'm watching it on my phone. I will transfer it to the computer and check it out.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

STBi01 Posted at 2017-8-24 05:24

What error message you've got? Please provide me with a screenshot. Besides, you should power on the drone, connect your drone to the App, then try to download the original videos.
2017-8-24
Use props
STBi01
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 23:39
What error message you've got? Please provide me with a screenshot. Besides, you should power on the drone, connect your drone to the App, then try to download the original videos.

Ok i could be why it did not work. I was trying to go trough the controller and then to the drone.
I will test directly to the drone today.
2017-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules