My new spark battery charging hup is not working
7191 36 2017-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26 ft
Kosovo

My new spark battery charging hup is not working. first when i plugged it into power it was a yellow light. when i put on it 3 batteries it won't charge 3 batteries at the same times and was flashin green and red light all the time untill it stop lighting.Now when i plugg it on power there is no light no nothing. it's not working. Can any one help me please how to fix it?

2017-8-20
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Leave everything plugged in and walk away.  Come back in 30 minutes, it will be charging.
2017-8-20
Use props
Rini
lvl.1
Albania

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-20 14:43
Leave everything plugged in and walk away.  Come back in 30 minutes, it will be charging.

ok , i'll do that .. hope that will fix the problem.. thanks ..
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Is the issue resolved? If not, please tell us the lights status of the batteries, please post a short video about it for better assistance if it is possible, thank you in advance.
2017-8-20
Use props
LRAB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197559 ft
South Africa

just leave it to charge for a while
2017-8-20
Use props
Rini
lvl.1
Kosovo

No, still same situation .. i left it plugged on a power for 2 hours and nothing happen. No light , no nothing .. here is a short video to see ..
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Rini Posted at 2017-8-21 00:51
No, still same situation .. i left it plugged on a power for 2 hours and nothing happen. No light , no nothing .. here is a short video to see ..

Sorry, am I missing something? I didn't see the video, You can upload the video to the Dropbox, then post the link here.
2017-8-21
Use props
Rini
lvl.1
Kosovo

Sorry, i uploded short video here in the link .. you can see and maybe help me to fix it..

https://ufile.io/ivu5q
2017-8-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not having a yellow light on the charger means it's not getting any power, have you tried a different power point, maybe the surge protector on the powerboard was triggered by a power surge or a fault ?

Do the USB ports on the transformer work, have you tried to charge something off these ?
If they don't it means either the transformer is fried or the power board no longer works

Where are the red lights, from the battery or the charger status light ?

Do the batteries charge when they are in the spark using the USB cable ?
The plug adaptor into the power board sometimes looses connection with the plug, try and reset that, maybe turn it around.

While charging the first time, did any of the batteries show these statuses

battery status.PNG

2017-8-21
Use props
Rini
lvl.1
Kosovo

Yes , i tried different power point and still same, no lights is on
Usb ports on transformer works, i tried to charge my phone on it and its work. But when i put cable connector into batery charging hub in that moment Usb ports doensn't work.
Batteries are chargeing when they are in spark chargeing via usb cable.
Also when i put micro usb cable in to battery charging hub the red light on the hub is On .
2017-8-21
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

hello dji Diana,
i have also problems with the charging hub, only two of the three hubs are charging. the third wont charge, the led turns red after a few seconds.

here is a Video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9e9f6xnuoug8l2/VID_20170818_123544.mp4?dl=0
2017-8-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rini Posted at 2017-8-21 02:31
Yes , i tried different power point and still same, no lights is on
Usb ports on transformer works, i tried to charge my phone on it and its work. But when i put cable connector into batery charging hub in that moment Usb ports doensn't work.
Batteries are chargeing when they are in spark chargeing via usb cable.

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the charging base to the transformer ?

Is it every section that cannot charge or is it only one that has a red light ?
2017-8-21
Use props
Rini
lvl.1
Kosovo

Yes i tried disconetcting and connecting again . Is not show up any light . As u can see in the video in the link up .. in just one case that the light of the hub is On is when i put micro usb cable to Hub and in Pc for example . But with power cable it wont work , no light on the hub , no light on the bateries.
Here i uploaded a video for the first time that i plugged Hub and Bateries into the power.

https://ufile.io/71sp3
2017-8-21
Use props
Rini
lvl.1
Kosovo

Here are two video .
1. Video of my first day that i plugged batteru charging hub in to power

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rbtqx5j47cqamz/Video%208-19-17%2C%2013%2036%2001.mov?dl=0

2. And now that is not working , no light is On , and battery are not charging

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1fy93fo17313zr/Video%208-20-17%2C%2023%2038%2007.mov?dl=0
2017-8-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Rini Posted at 2017-8-21 04:23
Here are two video .
1. Video of my first day that i plugged batteru charging hub in to power

In your first video , the first battery is showing an over current, does that battery even work in the spark, the DJI Go 4 app would be showing errors I suspect
2017-8-21
Use props
Rini
lvl.1
Kosovo

Yes , what does it mean?.. and ehat do do now ?
2017-8-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Rini Posted at 2017-8-21 04:43
Yes , what does it mean?.. and ehat do do now ?

This is the only other thread on https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -full-charge.10111/

I suspect the battery will be ok if the Go4 app allows you to use it.
Not sure if you can reflash the charger through the micro USB port, you would need the firmware file from DJI.
The instruction mention firmware updates for the charger
2017-8-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Are you sure, your adapter (for your power cabel) is working?
Can you charge your phone via USB port from the power adapter?
Have you tried a adapter cabel fitt in to the powerplug directly?

And question to DJI: Has the adapter a fuse, that can be gone off?
2017-8-21
Use props
Rini
lvl.1
Kosovo

Yes the bateri are Ok .. i uptaded bateries in spark with dj assistent 2..

The battery charging Hub has no firmaware update in Dji Official Site .. maby in future will have but now not.. all i need now is to make mu battery charging hub working again and charg 3 batteries in same time because for that i paid .. i wrote to dji support in friday but still nothing from dji supporters.. i don't know ehat to do
2017-8-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-8-21 02:48
hello dji Diana,
i have also problems with the charging hub, only two of the three hubs are charging. the third wont charge, the led turns red after a few seconds.

Looks like the first battery has a faulty cell, can you charge this battery properly by using the spark and a usb cable
2017-8-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Rini Posted at 2017-8-21 06:24
Yes the bateri are Ok .. i uptaded bateries in spark with dj assistent 2..

The battery charging Hub has no firmaware update in Dji Official Site .. maby in future will have but now not.. all i need now is to make mu battery charging hub working again and charg 3 batteries in same time because for that i paid .. i wrote to dji support in friday but still nothing from dji supporters.. i don't know ehat to do

I think the electronics in the charging base are damaged, as the transformer can charge via usb.
There is no power reaching the charging base, could it be a kinked power cable, have you tried straightening and moving this around to see if any lights turn on

Maybe there is a problem with the connector, damaged pins, it can only fit one way as there is a notch on the plug that needs to align, if it was pushed in the wrong way, maybe the pins are bent inside the connector plug
2017-8-21
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

lannes Posted at 2017-8-21 20:12
Looks like the first battery has a faulty cell, can you charge this battery properly by using the spark and a usb cable

the battery is ok, i have 4 Batteries..no one of them will charge on this port. the other both are working well
2017-8-22
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

is there any update for the hub? dont want to send it in..take too long
2017-8-23
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

sounds like a defective battery hub.  I'd wait for DJI Support to guide you along the return/replace process.
2017-8-23
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-8-23 09:41
sounds like a defective battery hub.  I'd wait for DJI Support to guide you along the return/replace process.

http://yes, hopefully they will respond. @dji is there any way to replace the charging hub without waiting for weeks?
2017-8-23
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-8-23 09:41

yes, hopefully they will respond. @dji is there any way to replace the charging hub without waiting for weeks?
2017-8-23
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-8-23 10:30
yes, hopefully they will respond. @dji is there any way to replace the charging hub without waiting for weeks?

buy one on amazon or ebay if you can't wait that long
2017-8-23
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Have you tried another plug in your location (hotel/guesthouse?)

I see a Germany in your original location, but the plug look more SEA/American
And you plug an Adapter for europe in the wallplug, which looks also SEA/American.
I would try to get a powercable for the area you are in!
It is easy, the plug at the DJI power adapter is a common small electric powerplug, like shavers, radios, that stuff

Only to make sure, that the adapter/plug/wallplug combination is not faulty, somehow

2017-8-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-8-22 14:57
the battery is ok, i have 4 Batteries..no one of them will charge on this port. the other both are working well

I would check out the battery on the Go 4 app where you can see each off the cells, they should all have a similar voltage, if one drops the battery can shut down
2017-8-23
Use props
kerzilla
New
United States

Just got my Spark bundle today, and I have the exact same problem. Hub worked the first time to get the batteries out of hibernation, but now seems to be dead. No lights, no charging. The USB charger on the power brick seems to work fine, and I can charge the controller with that, but when I plug the brick into the charging hub, the USB ports stop charging, and nothing else happens. Bad batch of charging hubs?
2017-8-23
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

what production dates are your hubs?  maybe there is a batch problem or maybe they were built on a Friday ... LOL
2017-8-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-8-24 05:08
what production dates are your hubs?  maybe there is a batch problem or maybe they were built on a Friday ... LOL

"...maybe they were built on a Friday ..."

wasn't that a monday build? ;-)

To the "faulty Hub"- owner

If the USB of the poweradapter works, can you charge batts one by one in the spark?
(Sorry in case this was pointed out already)
So you can fly and try to find a solution with DJI
(Sending back only the hub?)
2017-8-24
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

yes, i allready sent my hub in today..charging 6 batterys in the spark is not a good solution, i hope it will not take to long till they replace it.
2017-8-25
Use props
fans7a9722f4
New
Trinidad and Tobago

got my spark fly more combo today tried charging the batteries on the charging hub. battery has been on the charger 4 hours now and still not charged, the LED on the hub is red and turns green every 16 sec.
i had a online chat with a Dji representative he had no solution... total disappointment. can someone please guide me what is the next step?
2017-12-12
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7481496 ft
Italy

You Will Can Sent It To replace,  open a case on djirepair.  You have 6monts of warranty. ..in Europe 12months
2018-1-14
Use props
djiuser_wVdiiFSNgPt3
New

I had the same issue .... except my hub won't light up at all and the spark won't charge a battery with the usb cable either . Support for such a rich company SUCKS.... brand new product
2018-7-20
Use props
Samouraï
lvl.2
Thailand

Charge your battery directly with your A/C may solve the issue. You may charge the times after with your hub. It was how I solved my problem with a new battery before.
Good luck!
2018-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules