Who knew?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

So i just learned that you can raise up the sticks to give you different input to movement ratio. I did not know this till I saw it in a group. Figured id pass it on.
20170820_233502.jpg
20170820_233354.jpg
20170820_233328.jpg
2017-8-20
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

So, how are they adjusted to these varying positions?  Do you pull them out or do they need to be unscrewed to loosen then adjusted and tightened to lock them in place?
Thanks
2017-8-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-20 21:56
So, how are they adjusted to these varying positions?  Do you pull them out or do they need to be unscrewed to loosen then adjusted and tightened to lock them in place?
Thanks

Aloha Genghis,

They are double nuts.  You put them where you want them and lock them against each other.  There are a lot of cool things you can do with the system.  I have made PAN sticks that work real well with them.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Duchunter,

Be sure to mention that they are locking double nuts so they can understand how they stay in place.  I first pulled them out and they were stuck together and I later learned that they come apart and lock together.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-20
Use props
fans6e98b8e5
lvl.1
Australia

Hi
It's a cool feature I know , gives a more gentle proportional and smooth control, but just remember to fully shorten them again when putting the P4 back into it's case, as they will not fit properly otherwise.  Even if they are only slightly extended it could easily damage the control sticks if you try and force the controller back into it's snug fitting spot within the case.. it's just a little oberservation I made myself and hope it saves anyone any probs... When it's pack up time.
Peace out✌
2017-8-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

So, is this in the manual or did someone just discover it ?
2017-8-21
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-20 22:58
Aloha Genghis,

They are double nuts.  You put them where you want them and lock them against each other.  There are a lot of cool things you can do with the system.  I have made PAN sticks that work real well with them.

Cetacean
Thanks, looking at the photos I suspected that, but was not sure.
Have to ask, cause a search did not answer it, what are "PAN" sticks?  Also, these other cool things you can do, to echo the other post, are they things listed in the manual or easter eggs that you have to find and figure out or wait for someone to share?

2017-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well spotted, like you I'd picked this up on some topic or video, I don't remember which now. But to be honest I've just gotten so used to the 'standard' length that I find it awkward when they're longer.
2017-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-21 06:06
Cetacean
Have to ask, cause a search did not answer it, what are "PAN" sticks?  Also, these other cool things you can do, to echo the other post, are they things listed in the manual or easter eggs that you have to find and figure out or wait for someone to share?

"are they things listed in the manual or easter eggs that you have to find and figure out or wait for someone to share?"

Mostly the "Easter Egg" variety I think. One of the useful ones is with an iOS device you can use digital zoom (up to 2x) when recording video up to and including 2.7k (doesn't work in 4k). When recording spread two figers apart on screen to zoom in, and pinch together to zoom out. And what you see is what you get on video.
2017-8-21
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Guys, is there anybody who reads the manuals?
sticks adjustment.png
2017-8-21
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-21 09:13
"are they things listed in the manual or easter eggs that you have to find and figure out or wait for someone to share?"

Mostly the "Easter Egg" variety I think. One of the useful ones is with an iOS device you can use digital zoom (up to 2x) when recording video up to and including 2k (doesn't work in 4k). When recording spread two figers apart on screen to zoom in, and pinch together to zoom out. And what you see is what you get on video.

Uh very neet...hopefully they'll add that capability to the Android too...after they fix the current major problems.

2017-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-21 09:25

Just testing you
2017-8-21
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Cetacean
Have to ask, cause a search did not answer it, what are "AN" sticks?  Also, these other cool things you can do, to echo the other post, are they things listed in the manual or easter eggs that you have to find and figure out or wait for someone to share?

pan stiks:
maxfactor_pan_stick_foundation_01.jpg
2017-8-21
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Antonio,
Guilty...You got me there, I have read it, but admittedly I was only concentrating on the basics and I may have skipped or glossed over that stuff, can't say for sure.
Thanks for setting me straight!  I will now be going back through it to squeeze out these little gems.
2017-8-21
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

I would never have guessed Cetacean would need such things for working his drone...

2017-8-21
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-21 09:35
Antonio,
Guilty...You got me there, I have read it, but admittedly I was only concentrating on the basics and I may have skipped or glossed over that stuff, can't say for sure.
Thanks for setting me straight!  I will now be going back through it to squeeze out these little gems.

LOL, it wasn't just you   Anyway, here's another little gem for you, considering your nickname and your avatar : google for John Wayne The Conqueror and then look at the images ...
2017-8-21
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-21 10:41
LOL, it wasn't just you   Anyway, here's another little gem for you, considering your nickname and your avatar : google for John Wayne The Conqueror and then look at the images ...
Very Nice...yes, being an avid Wayne fan I’m aware of that movie, actually no connection to my callsign.  While an interesting movie, I don't think it's one of Wayne's best nor is it really that believable, way too much artistic license taken, not to mention casting a tall caucasian as a Mongol...well let's say it really doesn't work LOL!  …it is entertaining though.
I got my nickname/callsign from the guys in my squadron, while it would be cool to say it was Wayne related it had nothing to do with him.
Cheers

2017-8-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean

Aloha Genghis,

Sorry, I got distracted with the theft of my K1.  Here is the video of the PAN device.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Antonio,

Nice one!  Actually, my bad.  I did not call them PAN Sticks, I forgot I called them PAN Device.  Look at Post #18.  

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  The theft of my K1 and new laptop has tied me up a bit.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-29
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-29 23:55
Aloha Antonio,

Nice one!  Actually, my bad.  I did not call them PAN Sticks, I forgot I called them PAN Device.  Look at Post #18.  

Cool. Now we need another vid showing how they are made.
2017-8-30
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-29 23:52
Aloha Genghis,

Sorry, I got distracted with the theft of my K1.  Here is the video of the PAN device.

Uh...
Interesting item, I'll be checking that out more.  Thanks

K1...what is that?  Sorry you lost it, or have you recovered it?  Can't stand a thief!
2017-8-30
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-29 23:55
Aloha Antonio,

Aloha Cetacean!
Awfully sorry about your K1 and laptop!!! Hope you 'll recover them  -or that they end up burning the thieve's house down to smoking embers!

As for the PAN Device, I think you called it PAN Sticks in #3 :-) -Anyway, it looks interesting, what do you use them for, and how do they work? I'm always looking for cool ideas to steal
2017-8-30
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

An interesting device, Cetacean where is obtained from please?
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just my thoughts
2017-8-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-30 03:47
Uh...
Interesting item, I'll be checking that out more.  Thanks

Aloha Genghis,

Sorry, the K1 refers to the nVidia Shield K1.  Great device and not sold any more.  Fortunately, I have one in the mail coming to me, very lucky.

The thief also stole a brand new ASUS notebook computer off of my kitchen table.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-30 04:31
Aloha Cetacean!
Awfully sorry about your K1 and laptop!!! Hope you 'll recover them  -or that they end up burning the thieve's house down to smoking embers!

Aloha Antonio,

Mahalo for the kind words.  There is a thread titled "Smooth PANs - A Yaw Stick for the yaw stick";

http://forum.dji.com/thread-41995-1-1.html

that introduced the idea and I think I give instructions on how to make one.  Ice Cream lovers will like it, I used a Häagen-Dazs scoop stick to make it.  There should always be one around!

I totally forgot that I called them Yaw Sticks, so PAN Sticks is not too far a reach!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-30
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-30 14:16
Aloha Antonio,

Mahalo for the kind words.  There is a thread titled "Smooth PANs - A Yaw Stick for the yaw stick";
Well I hope you get them back or may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits...

So, what do you use these Yaw/Pan Stick for, we can see what they do but not sure what there purpose is from a functionality standpoint?  Where do you get them or you have to make them like you showed?
Thanks
2017-8-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CentralOtagoKiw Posted at 2017-8-30 02:51
Cool. Now we need another vid showing how they are made.

Aloha COK,

Look at Post #26.  That thread includes instructions for how to make them.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-30 15:09
Well I hope you get them back or may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits...

So, what do you use these Yaw/Pan Stick for, we can see what they do but not sure what there purpose is from a functionality standpoint?  Where do you get them or you have to make them like you showed?

Aloha Genghis,

In that thread (Post #26) are instructions on how to make them and the video shows their performance.  They do not change altitude but allow a steady change in the yaw so turns and rotations are smooth.  The friction is very light and can be user defined so the video comes out smooth.  Some of the flying programs have the ability for similar movements, but the Yaw Stick is an alternative and hands on.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-30
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-30 15:33
Aloha Genghis,

In that thread (Post #26) are instructions on how to make them and the video shows their performance.  They do not change altitude but allow a steady change in the yaw so turns and rotations are smooth.  The friction is very light and can be user defined so the video comes out smooth.  Some of the flying programs have the ability for similar movements, but the Yaw Stick is an alternative and hands on.

Yeah I knew you were gonna say that...sorry, a little slow on the uptake.  I'm reading it now...
Thanks!
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules