Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First test VIDEO PIP of the HDMI module
898 18 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5384334 ft
Switzerland

External HDMI module is a must have and i really enjoy it.
Flew the from the living room , remote connected to the TV .

2017-8-21
Use props
sly82
New
Flight distance : 174295 ft
Italy

Hello how did you drive the drone from the inside?
2017-8-21
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Exactly what equipment are you using, which Phantom?  Was the module the one you installed or was it preinstalled?  Please provide more details about your setup & operation.
2017-8-21
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Switzerland

sly82 Posted at 2017-8-21 06:05
Hello how did you drive the drone from the inside?

i Have a wide  glass balcony door in the living room , open directly  in the garden, direct clear sight .
2017-8-21
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Switzerland

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-21 06:11
Exactly what equipment are you using, which Phantom?  Was the module the one you installed or was it preinstalled?  Please provide more details about your setup & operation.

To my understanding , only the P4’s ‘’PLUS’’ ( built ins LCD) come with the HDMI module .
i purchased and installed the HDMI module , purchased the mini HDMI cable and connected my TV to the remote , started the App , and flew  using the TV .
2017-8-21
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Switzerland

I have a Phantom 4 Pro , this can be done on P4’s and P3 ‘as well ( At least advanced and Pro i believe ) .
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Great job! Thanks for sharing!
2017-8-21
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-21 23:31
Great job! Thanks for sharing!

You are welcome , no problems sharing
2017-8-21
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Xian Onemanshow Posted at 2017-8-21 23:29
To my understanding , only the P4’s ‘’PLUS’’ ( built ins LCD) come with the HDMI module .
i purchased and installed the HDMI module , purchased the mini HDMI cable and connected my TV to the remote , started the App , and flew  using the TV .

Very good, wasn't sure as you didn't identify which system you were operating with the setup.  So you installed the module and then flew your drone from the TV only using the HDMI out on the remote.  OK cool!

You didn't have a mobile device attached to the remote too, connected by USB did you?
Thanks

2017-8-22
Use props
sly82
New
Italy

Xian Onemanshow Posted at 2017-8-21 23:28
i Have a wide  glass balcony door in the living room , open directly  in the garden, direct clear sight .

Ah OK . I thought you would pilot it remotely from the inside even if you did not have a direct view ... with some external antenna for the signal. Can you tell me how to record video including flight info graphics that appears on the display directly from the infinite screen of phantom 4 pro plus? thank you
2017-8-22
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-22 01:37
Very good, wasn't sure as you didn't identify which system you were operating with the setup.  So you installed the module and then flew your drone from the TV only using the HDMI out on the remote.  OK cool!

You didn't have a mobile device attached to the remote too, connected by USB did you?

I still had the iPad on it , you can choose either or both displays source .
2017-8-22
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

sly82 Posted at 2017-8-22 04:02
Ah OK . I thought you would pilot it remotely from the inside even if you did not have a direct view ... with some external antenna for the signal. Can you tell me how to record video including flight info graphics that appears on the display directly from the infinite screen of phantom 4 pro plus? thank you

Yes i was inside , on that remote i use FPVLR antennas , i could have looked at the screen and not outside , it wouldn t have made any difference , but i always keep the AC on sight when i can , specially for take off and landing , always making sure of  its surroundings , i flew the other day ( on another video) from inside the car .
There is a topic for screen recording , there are several ways ( paid apps , tweaks on devices , or Third party Apps like LITCHI )
as for the Screen display infos , they are automatically displayed from the Dji App .
2017-8-22
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Xian Onemanshow Posted at 2017-8-22 18:28
I still had the iPad on it , you can choose either or both displays source .

Thank you
Very good, I was hoping you did that...looking for confirmation that that set up works and can be used with some effect.  You did that...
2017-8-22
Use props
sly82
New
Italy

Xian Onemanshow Posted at 2017-8-22 18:36
Yes i was inside , on that remote i use FPVLR antennas , i could have looked at the screen and not outside , it wouldn t have made any difference , but i always keep the AC on sight when i can , specially for take off and landing , always making sure of  its surroundings , i flew the other day ( on another video) from inside the car .
There is a topic for screen recording , there are several ways ( paid apps , tweaks on devices , or Third party Apps like LITCHI )
as for the Screen display infos , they are automatically displayed from the Dji App .

Hello, so I have to download the LITCHI app directly on the remote control of my phantom 4 pro plus to record video with the graphics as you see while piloting it?
2017-8-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good demo....kinda long, but good lol
2017-8-23
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

sly82 Posted at 2017-8-23 02:51
Hello, so I have to download the LITCHI app directly on the remote control of my phantom 4 pro plus to record video with the graphics as you see while piloting it?

No Litchi is for IOS or Android device , any receding tool would be on your tablet , not your remote .
2017-8-25
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-23 03:03
Good demo....kinda long, but good lol

Thank you
2017-8-25
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

I have another set of question about your setup please.
OK, you installed separate module.  Then what?
Did you install/update FW for RC?  If so, what did you have to do after that, restart, adjust any settings, reset settings, etc.?
After those steps, you connected your TV to the RC via the HDMI, and your mobile device via USB.  For the USB, you used the standard connection on the RC to the proper connector to your mobile or something different?  Exactly what other adjustments or settings did you have to make in the app, rc, aircraft?
Thank you!
2017-8-30
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-30 16:26
I have another set of question about your setup please.
OK, you installed separate module.  Then what?
Did you install/update FW for RC?  If so, what did you have to do after that, restart, adjust any settings, reset settings, etc.?

Hi
All you have to do basically once installed is to connect the  remote to the TV with the HDMI  -- Mini HDMI cable and that’s it , you may have to chmage the settings in the APP for you video output to toggle between ONLY the tablet/phone or  Dual Display ( tablet + TV or other) or TV or Other ONLY ( HDMI) .
I did not have to do any Software or firmware to my RC or AC , i was intalling the module remote OFF ,so i had to power it ON to use it when connected to the TV , i did some hot plugs/ unplug and it did not affect any thing , so i treat it like a Blu Ray or DVD player ...

2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules