Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2.4 gHz noise
890 8 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Austria

Hi guys.

I was in a very rural area the past few weeks.
I always try to go in to the 2.4 gHz wifi because supposedly you can fly further away and i have had a bit of trouble with going further in 5.8 gHz.

I was sometimes successful finding wifi in the 2.4 gHz, but not always.
A few days ago i was on a mountain/hill, not much around me, a few houses. There was a cablecar though that was not too far away. The 2.4 gHz was flooded with noise, the 5.8 gHz was free of noise. I figured it might be the cablecar or something.

So yesterday, i was in a valley by a river, totally rural. No houses around, just trees, stones and earth. A few people with me, but that was it. The 2.4 gHz network was totally flooded with noise, most bars were at the top....
The 5.8 gHz was empty, no noise at all...

Have you guys experienced similar issues? where does all the wifi noise come from when you are "far from civilization"?? i can't imagine flying this drone in a bigger city...
2017-8-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Maybe some people have set up their "home" wifis with directional antennas?
Friend of mine has a garden in 2,5 km distance.
Now he has his homewifi, by using 2 older satellite dishes, at that remote location.

And, honestly, to me it looks more that the direct view, even as far as 2 km ;-), is more important, than 2.4 or 5 Ghz.
For long distance flights!
And you have still a bigger chance, to "catch" a 2,4 Ghz beam, on the flightpath, as a 5 Ghz.
2,4 is so crowded.
And what that can mean, I experience it with simple wifi internet, day by day b/c everyone sets up the router "out of the box" in full power.
And everyone is wondering, that even he can get his connection in 50-100 m distance, the 100/20 Mb/s (p.ex.) is so slow.
2017-8-21
Use props
Anuvis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Welcome to the club 2.4 ghz in EU is buggy....
2017-8-21
Use props
Nikp
Second Officer
Austria

very interesting experience i had right now.

So the past 2 months i was in a very rural area in the mountains of austria. Yes towns all around and all...
But now im back in Vienna (a city of almost 2 million inhabitants). I was on the outskirts of Vienna, but still definatly in the City. I checked and the 2.4 gHz had some noise on all channels, but it was not that bad.
It was a LOT better than 2 days ago in the Valley far away from civilization... Very strange.
What can this be??
2017-8-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you do an update?
2017-8-22
Use props
Nikp
Second Officer
Austria

I only did the update now. So both flights were with the same FW
2017-8-23
Use props
Canonian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37740 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Same here Nikp. Try OTG cable for better result.
2017-8-23
Use props
Spaners
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

Yes interference is the big problem on 2G4, down load a wifi analyser app onto your device and check the area you intend to fly . I use wifi analyser pro (from play store) you will be surprized how many signals there are even in the middle of a big park hold your device infront of you and do a slow 360 degree circle. You will see the signals rise and fall as you turn. This will show you what direction the signal is coming from, fly away from the signals not towards them. Try and use the app to find areas that are wifi quiet.
Hope this helps
2017-8-23
Use props
Nikp
Second Officer
Austria

Thanks for the idea. And I totally agree 2.4ghz is filled with noise. But as I said the strange thing is I had less problems in a city with almost 2 million people (obviously in a quieter part) than in the mountains with maybe 500 people in the next 10km!!
That is strange I think..
2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules