Ipad mini 2 vs DJI GO4.......is compatible???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse2c3d731
lvl.2
Flight distance : 519177 ft
Spain

Ipad mini 2 vs DJI GO4.......is compatible???

Where can I find a list of tablets compatibles with DJI GO4 and PH4ADV.....Thx in advance
2017-8-22
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This might help narrow the choice, ipad mini 4  or pro looks like the best of the bunch
DJI tends to favor apple devices, the DJI 4 go app is getting more resource hungry so a faster processor would help

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to check here: http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-adv/info#downloads
P4A Recommended List.png
2017-8-22
Use props
fansefe93bbf
New

United States

Hi try Best Buy ! I purchased an iPad mini 4 and it works fantastic
2017-8-22
Use props
fansefe93bbf
New

United States

Hi try Best Buy ! I purchased an iPad mini 4 and it works fantastic
2017-8-22
Use props
Warren Sherman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28530 ft
United Kingdom

I have an ipad mini 2 and can definately say it is NOT compatible with DGIgo4 despite appearing on the approved device list. I'm not a happy bunny!
2017-8-23
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

I bought an Ipad.  its pretty big and bulky, but seems to work fine.  Its not on the list.  I think you need the latest and greatest processor available.
2017-8-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. Sadly the standard advice which DJI Susan is directing you to is out-of-date - the iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 5s do NOT have the processing capability to handle the video transmission decoding with GO 4.1.x onwards. Devices with the A8 CPU (or better, A8X) and above are recommended. Alternatively, you'll find on the lower-spec'ed CPU devices that Litchi manages video decoding OK - that may be a cheaper option than upgrading your iPad Mini 2, for example.
2017-8-23
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using my iPad Mini 2 for the past year and it has been perfect.... UNTIL the latest DJIGO4 update.  Now it overheats like mad and stops working after a while.  Using the same iPad with Litchi still works perfectly.
2017-8-23
Use props
Stuka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 519177 ft
Spain

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-8-23 16:39
I've been using my iPad Mini 2 for the past year and it has been perfect.... UNTIL the latest DJIGO4 update.  Now it overheats like mad and stops working after a while.  Using the same iPad with Litchi still works perfectly.

Perhaps you could explain more in detail your experience with IPAD2? And it was WIFI or WIFI with CELLULAR? I just bought a PH4 Advance and on the outside of the box puts that works with iPad 2 MINI ....
THX
2017-8-24
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad MINI2... I have been using it just fine for the past year.  Worked perfectly.  Then the latest software/firmware updates arrived and I can no longer keep the Video Transmission signal working AND my iPad becomes a hot plate in a few minutes time.
2017-8-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-8-24 14:12
iPad MINI2... I have been using it just fine for the past year.  Worked perfectly.  Then the latest software/firmware updates arrived and I can no longer keep the Video Transmission signal working AND my iPad becomes a hot plate in a few minutes time.

That's because somehow DJI have managed to decrease the efficiency of the transmission video decoding in recent times - it's either due to one of their RC updates, or due to one of the GO4 updates. This is clearly working the CPU hard if it's an A7 CPU or less, and that's causing it to heat up. I suspect the issue is GO4, given that Litchi appears to work fine with the Mini 2/iPhone 5S.
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules