Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles .... Pro's & Con's
2617 8 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigga J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

As the title really, very intrigued with the goggles but they are a big layout ..... any help, truths, comments would be appreciated.

Whats good/whats bad?
2017-8-22
Use props
Airloop
New
Flight distance : 11542 ft
United States

I have also been eyeing the goggles. Some are complaining that with their eyesight they cant focus on the screens. This may only be a small percentage of people but you may want to try on a pair before buying just in case. On the other hand I have some fatsharks for my racing drones and I dont have focus issues... hmmm..
2017-8-22
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

As Airloop mentioned, the most common complaint I've seen is from people who can't focus with the goggles on without some form of vision correction. That hasn't been a problem for me, but one thing I'd change if I could is their size: they're big.

In my opinion the biggest advantages of the goggles are that they allow you to fly even in bright sunlight and see more than you can with any mobile device. The goggles are also immersive (as in they make you feel like you're there with the drone) more than any mobile device possibly can because what you see is so vivid and detailed and fills up pretty much your entire field of vision. Personally I'm very glad I bought the goggles: they're by far my favorite Mavic accessory, but of course they're also the most expensive.
2017-8-24
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-24 04:01
As Airloop mentioned, the most common complaint I've seen is from people who can't focus with the goggles on without some form of vision correction. That hasn't been a problem for me, but one thing I'd change if I could is their size: they're big.

In my opinion the biggest advantages of the goggles are that they allow you to fly even in bright sunlight and see more than you can with any mobile device. The goggles are also immersive (as in they make you feel like you're there with the drone) more than any mobile device possibly can because what you see is so vivid and detailed and fills up pretty much your entire field of vision. Personally I'm very glad I bought the goggles: they're by far my favorite Mavic accessory, but of course they're also the most expensive.

Dear DroneFlying,

Thanks for your considerations.
I do believe that, for the vision problems, you can use reading goggles.
I would love to have one, but here in Brazil they are incredibly expensive.
I was in Europe on July but the prices are not “charming” either, mainly at Euro.
Cheers.
2017-8-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

They are a lot of fun with the immersive experience provided by head tracking but they are also great if you want to fly close to obstacles that are  a good distance away. I love my pair and have used them to fly closer to mountain terrain than I could otherwise.
2017-8-24
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

good; great inflight experiance, no worrying about screen reflection and poor image visability on devise, better visibility allows more enjoyment of the scenery whilst you are flying (real time view is far superior) rather  than having to wait till home to view the footage on computer, better visibility allows better control, fpv with good visuals makes for easier flying and better control during flight, good range, no latency, good image quality, easily operated system, great battery life, they are a great way to share and let others participate in yr experiance - they are always amazed.
bad; very expensive, too big, does not come with a bag, cannot make a cup of tea.
If u can imagine the difference a sky light makes to a dull room - similar is the differance between flying with goggles and without. The negatives are few but heavy - however for me the pros outweight in favor of goggles by a long margin.
2017-8-24
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-24 11:37
good; great inflight experiance, no worrying about screen reflection and poor image visability on devise, better visibility allows more enjoyment of the scenery whilst you are flying (real time view is far superior) rather  than having to wait till home to view the footage on computer, better visibility allows better control, fpv with good visuals makes for easier flying and better control during flight, good range, no latency, good image quality, easily operated system, great battery life, they are a great way to share and let others participate in yr experiance - they are always amazed.
bad; very expensive, too big, does not come with a bag, cannot make a cup of tea.
If u can imagine the difference a sky light makes to a dull room - similar is the differance between flying with goggles and without. The negatives are few but heavy - however for me the pros outweight in favor of goggles by a long margin.

Thank you, much appreciated. I thank these will be added to the shopping list.

I have used fatsharks etc and found them to be ok but them do suffer from loss of signal sometimes.
2017-8-26
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

https://www.focus-fixers.com/
2017-8-26
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

To those of you that use the goggles regularly. Do you feel comfortable flying without a spotter? I'm afraid I'll get so immersed I'll be situationally vulnerable when I have them on.
2017-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules