Mavic Firmware update?
1923 20 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
little b-air
lvl.1
United States

I have had my mavic pro about a week now. Been enjoying flying and having the ability to video and picture take. I keep getting this text when I open the dji app and turn the ac and controller on to update my firmware. I also have a phantom 3 advanced that is sitting in the case unable to fly because of downloading the latest firmware. DJI has my controller and is trying to diagnose the issue---- soooooo, I am very hesitant to do the firmware update? Should I???

Since I dont have to download onto a mirco sd like my P3A what do I do if I were to update the firmware on the mavic pro and controller?
2017-8-22
Use props
nicolagaf
New
Flight distance : 302552 ft
France

Bonjour. Il suffit de le connecter au reseau wifi via le téléphone et surtout une batterie charger a fond.et go ca marche tout seul. Bonne mise a jour et soyez patiant car cest un peu long.Cordialement
2017-8-22
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

What ever he said.
2017-8-22
Use props
little b-air
lvl.1
United States

:
2017-8-22
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

I have never updated anything, still on .400 (out of the box), on the AC and the "earlier" version of the DJI Go4 app.
I get a notification of updates available, but decline and go fly. But that was before I turned off the auto-sync/update on my Andyroid device.
Rock solid, nary an issue....not even a restricted flight parameter situation.
2017-8-22
Use props
nicolagaf
New
France

En faite je l'ai fait via dji assistant ..ca mettais trop longtemps via le wifi du tel.j ai fait un vol test et tout va bien
Un vol plus long demain me confirmera les améliorations apporte a notre mavic
2017-8-22
Use props
McCrea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331358 ft
Canada

Come on, the thread is in english, reply in english not in french

C'est le minimum du savoir vivre...
2017-8-22
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 2017-8-22 11:13
I have never updated anything, still on .400 (out of the box), on the AC and the "earlier" version of the DJI Go4 app.
I get a notification of updates available, but decline and go fly. But that was before I turned off the auto-sync/update on my Andyroid device.
Rock solid, nary an issue....not even a restricted flight parameter situation.

im not updating either!! im on 900 never one app crash
2017-8-22
Use props
nicolagaf
New
France

Desole I go through google translation
In fact, I did it via dji assistant ... ca was too long via the wifi of the tel.j I made a test flight and everything is fine
A longer flight tomorrow I confirm the improvements brings to our mavic
2017-8-22
Use props
nicolagaf
New
France

McCrea Posted at 2017-8-22 11:19
Come on, the thread is in english, reply in english not in french

C'est le minimum du savoir vivre...

Sorry vert bad english
2017-8-22
Use props
McCrea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331358 ft
Canada

it's ok ;)

DJi Assistant is the best to use to do firmware updates
2017-8-22
Use props
Digilef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155387 ft
Greece

Hello there ! i tryed to update the FW to the latest ! When it ended it said that failed ! Now the RC display lights up but is blank and the power button light is flashing !
When i connect the RC to the  DJi assistant it reads the RC with firmware 00000000.  I cannot update again or hard reset through the assistant. It fails !
Before everything was working properly !
Any ideas ???
2017-8-22
Use props
little b-air
lvl.1
United States

sooooo....probably just going to keep flying and not update- doesn't sound good so far
2017-8-22
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
Canada

nicolagaf Posted at 2017-8-22 11:09
En faite je l'ai fait via dji assistant ..ca mettais trop longtemps via le wifi du tel.j ai fait un vol test et tout va bien
Un vol plus long demain me confirmera les améliorations apporte a notre mavic

Pareille ici...
2017-8-22
Use props
CageyMoose
lvl.2
Canada

little b-air Posted at 2017-8-22 13:12
sooooo....probably just going to keep flying and not update- doesn't sound good so far

Well for what it's worth, I updated to this latest firmware this evening without any issues. Everything appears to be working just fine.
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization to the previous one, but that depends on you. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright.
For upgrading the RC, you only need to connect the RC to the app and follow and upgrading message.
For your Phantom 3 Adv, so you sent the RC in right? Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check more?
2017-8-23
Use props
fans348db79d
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-23 23:01
We always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization to the previous one, but that depends on you. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright.
For upgrading the RC, you only need to connect the RC to the app and follow and upgrading message. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d47KsQhUv4o&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX&index=14
For your Phantom 3 Adv, so you sent the RC in right? Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check more?

I did update my Mavic today and went for a fly.
NOT GOOD.

When is set everything on auto (and also ev on 0.0), the image is way over exposed! What happened here?
The sky is one white area and other bits are over exposed too.
The image is not usable at this point at all. I must set the ev to -1.7 to get some decent image quality.
Am i the only one??

Also when tilting the camera it is very jerky and not smooth image.
Very bad firmware which make my Mavic useless at this point!
What can i do?
2017-8-24
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Revert back to previous version via DJI Assistant 2...

After upgrade of firmware always check if settings are correct... Maybe one of the settings changed without you noticed...
2017-8-24
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

.900 definitly for the moment ...
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans348db79d Posted at 2017-8-24 06:53
I did update my Mavic today and went for a fly.
NOT GOOD.

Please try to reset the camera settings via DJI GO 4 app. And for the jerk issue, please calibrate the IMU and gimbal first and test again. Kkeep us updated if the problem persists, thank you. 重设相机参数.jpg
2017-8-25
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

When you flash/upgrade/downgrade the firmware for the AC, all "customized" settings revert back to default. you have to go back thru and reset to what you had set them to before the flashing of the firmware.
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules