Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recover corrupt Mavic videos?
7479 22 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zoutv1
Flight distance : 174738 ft

United States

I took about 30 minutes of video on card.  I shut the drone down BEFORE hitting the stop recording video button.  Now in Windows, all of my MOV/JPEG/DNG files on the card are unreadable and say corrupted.  From instructions, I put the card back in, powered on the mavic, waited a minute, powered off and tried the card again.  Nope.  Still unreadable/corrupt.  Is there a comback from this?  I researched 'MOV corrupt fix' on google and most of the programs are pay or very sketchy.

Screwed?  And please, no "well you need to hit stop recording before turning it off."  Got it.

2017-8-22
Use props
zoutv1

United States

Also forgot to add, I tried the djifix.exe utility and that didn't work either.
2017-8-22
Use props
zoutv1

United States

Anyone?  Thanks
2017-8-23
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I briefly looked for a free path but also found only commercial programs. Guess you need to decide what the video is worth to you, and if you're likely to make the same mistake in the future. Good luck.
2017-8-23
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1 ) not sure but chkdsk "drive name e.g G:" / F,  might work on a mounted sd card in a pc
at the windows command prompt  enter chkdsk G: /F

2) otherwise I've had a lot of success with EaseUS it's free but limited to 2gb recovery unless you pay
https://www.easeus.com/datarecov ... covery-software.htm

2017-8-23
Use props
zoutv1

United States

I'm just going to re shoot the footage today at the same location.  Hopefully I don't spaz out again.
2017-8-23
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I guess you should reformat the card using the DJI Go4 app
2017-8-23
Use props
fansdf7d83d7
Second Officer

France

Hi,
You can easily retrive you lost data from sd card using Disk Drill . For your convenience, I've dropped the link here https://www.pandorarecovery.com/sd-recovery.html . Last month I accidentally reformatted an SD card without copying all the videos inside. I tried different programs to recover the videos and only Pandora helped. But please take a note, it's not cheap...
2017-8-24
Use props
Gary Mac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I'm not sure if this will work, but there is a trick people use to recover corrupt GoPro video:

- Upload the corrupt file to your YouTube account
- Allow YouTube to "process" the video
- Go to the video and download a copy of it
- Delete corrupted video from YouTube

I was skeptical, but this saved me spending money on a recovery program for a GoPro video.  Might be worth a try!
2017-8-24
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2017-8-24 05:37
I'm not sure if this will work, but there is a trick people use to recover corrupt GoPro video:

- Upload the corrupt file to your YouTube account

That's an awesome tip if it works -- thanks!
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try the following steps:
1. Plug the SD card back to the drone;
2. Power on the drone;
3. The files will be recovered itself if there are not too many corrupted files. And please check on DJI GO 4 app to see if the files had recovered;
4. If steps above doesn't work, please export the important corrupted files and one normal file and upload to Dropbox, I'll try to see if I can help;
5. You can format the SD card if there are no important files and you can film again.
2017-8-27
Use props
fansdf7d83d7
Second Officer

Japan

I think your best bet would be to utilize something like  Disk Drill. I'm not familiar with these products enough to give a good overview, but a good friend of mine used this tool https://www.cleverfiles.com/recover-deleted-files.html . Cannot it recommend from my own experience though I've heard it does work.
2017-10-30
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.3

India

I am not sure, but you can try Stellar Phoenix Video repair software https://www.stellarinfo.com/disk-recovery/video-repair.php. It can recover corrupted video file.
2017-11-5
Use props
AEM74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

I've shut down my drone a few times without stopping the recording and it never corrupted any of my videos. Curious as to why this happened to you and others...
2017-11-5
Use props
nottuppaware
First Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Its when you shut off the RC before pressing stop, I have lost recordings that way before too.
What I do now is record and pause regularly, this makes smaller more manageable files to edit too!
2017-11-5
Use props
hptechsupport
New

India

I tried using Repairing Corrupt DJI Video Files, but all I get are random colors and lines when it plays, as seen here Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet. I've also tried Video Repair Software | Grau GmbH Hardware & Software Solutions with no luck. You can see a sliver of footage at the top ...  https://notresponding.net/fix-err_spdy_protocol_error/
2018-2-8
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

zoutv1 Posted at 2017-8-23 06:24
I'm just going to re shoot the footage today at the same location.  Hopefully I don't spaz out again.

It always gets better the second time bepending on the weather
2018-2-8
Use props
skyrim2018
lvl.1

Ukraine

djifix.exe doesn't work in many cases - esp. for new drones. i've used grau service once, and though i heard many positive feedback, didn't work in my case. at videohelp forum they suggested i use restore.media service - and miraculously it worked.  far as i know, restore.media is an updated substitute for recover_mp4 tool.
2018-7-6
Use props
IronReel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-27 20:06
Please try the following steps:
1. Plug the SD card back to the drone;
2. Power on the drone;

This worked for me! Thanks Thor!

I had a bigger issue which is the 2nd time in 3 flights where my Controller/App completely disconnected from the drone and my drove just started moving in a random direction on its own... My drone hit a tree mid recording and I shut controller off as I was freaking out it fell in water as well but luckily was caught in mangroves... ANYWAYS, besides needing to figure out what is going on with the drone at this moment that file was recovered.
2019-1-30
Use props
LCTMichael
lvl.1

If the videos are corrupted, there may not be a lot you can do personally. It may require professional recovery help.
However, the VIDEORECOVERY video recovery software may be an answer.  

2019-10-3
Use props
DDFilm
lvl.1

United States

I realize this is an older thread, but wanted to offer this new resource "fix.video" for recovering corrupted video files resulting from not properly stopping filming prior to shutting off the Mavic Pro 2 Smart Controller.  This site is automated and charges $9USD per video file (mine file was ~400MB) . The recovered the file is not perfect as color is inconsistent between frames. However, it is viewable.

Good luck.
2019-12-10
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.1

United States

The card is probably not fast enough. Sandisk extreme is what most people run with this or faster.
2019-12-10
Use props
Balonesia
lvl.1

Indonesia

I`m sorry I dont know the answer. https://www.balonesia.com/jual-balon-latex/
2022-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules