My battery is dead! Please help!
2105 13 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans67ce25a5
New
Hong Kong

The battery of my Mavic Pro has failed upon failure of firmware update. The battery had the middle 2 lights blinking when the DJI GO 4 app indicated the failure of firmware update and since then the battery could not be turned off and when the battery was installed to the drone it turned the drone on by itself without me pressing any button. The middle 2 lights were found to be gone yesterday which was 3 weeks after the update failure and now the battery can no longer be charged up nor can it power on the drone.

The bettery is just over the warranty period and DJI refused to send me a replacement battery. What could I do to revive the dead battery? Anything would help

2017-8-23
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The battery might still be recharging even if the led indicators is showing it it isn't, I'd leave it on charge for 3hrs and then try the upgrade again using the DJI Assistant 2 app

A lot of people that had the 2 led battery issues during the upgrade just recharged the battery and successfully did the upgrade again using the pc app
2017-8-23
Use props
fans67ce25a5
New
Hong Kong

lannes Posted at 2017-8-23 06:37
The battery might still be recharging even if the led indicators is showing it it isn't, I'd leave it on charge for 3hrs and then try the upgrade again using the DJI Assistant 2 app

A lot of people that had the 2 led battery issues during the upgrade just recharged the battery and successfully did the upgrade again using the pc app

Thanks for your reply but I plugged it into the charger before I slept yesterday and charged it for the whole night. There wasn't any light that came on indicating it's being charged when I plugged it in the charger and it still can't power on the Mavic. It just seems not being able to take any charge
2017-8-23
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Hope you resolve your problem but do you really want to fly with a battery you can't trust?
2017-8-23
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

for 80 bucks, not worth it, for AC, and humans. Toss it and buy another.
2017-8-23
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans67ce25a5 Posted at 2017-8-23 07:11
Thanks for your reply but I plugged it into the charger before I slept yesterday and charged it for the whole night. There wasn't any light that came on indicating it's being charged when I plugged it in the charger and it still can't power on the Mavic. It just seems not being able to take any charge

Have you hooked everything up to the DJI Assistant and tried it even though it can't power on, I'd have the app open before connecting the mavic
2017-8-23
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Not believing it will solve the problem, I would recommend you do the preocedure Iannes described.
Wish you luck.

Cheers.
2017-8-23
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

if you think the battery faulty bin it don't trust it
2017-8-23
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

have you tried turning the battery on while it's connected to the charger
2017-8-23
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

I'm sorry but it could be a mistake to wait until 3 weeks later? The battery could be probably completely depleted by now because think it's in an active waiting for update state. I had this issue upgrading to .1000 with DJI Assistant 2, two middle leds at 32% upgrade took a long time then finally failed. It also failed despite numerous retires. What I did was to disconnect and reconnect the usb cable to the PC and it showed two new firmwares both .0900/.1000 but updated successfully though it took quite sometime. It's advisable to fully charge the batts before upgrading in case things like this happen. I think it's best you contact DJI Support.
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can try to keep the battery charging for almost one hour. And the middle 2 LEDs still light up, just plug the battery in and connect the drone with the computer, then upgrade the FW with DJI Assistant 2.
2017-8-23
Use props
fans67ce25a5
New
Hong Kong

lannes Posted at 2017-8-23 08:11
Have you hooked everything up to the DJI Assistant and tried it even though it can't power on, I'd have the app open before connecting the mavic

I tried to connect my Mavic to PC with the dead battery in it but it didn't show up in DJI Assistant. Then I did it again with another battery and they were connecting fine. I guess DJI Assistant can only sense the Mavic when it's turned on?
2017-8-24
Use props
fans67ce25a5
New
Hong Kong

lannes Posted at 2017-8-23 08:19
have you tried turning the battery on while it's connected to the charger

Yes I did and no light was up. No matter how I press the button on the battery there just isn't any light showing up
2017-8-24
Use props
Desmond Phee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1922316 ft
Malaysia

Do not take the risk with low power battery. Fully charge the battery before update new firmware. And make sure your INTERNET connection are stable and fast enough. If you download the corrupted firmware file or hang during updating maybe cause your Mavic, RC or battery problem.   
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules