Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
*Introducing DJI Mavic Pro Platinum*
12345678910Next >
85443 386 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

August 31, 2017 – DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, has introduced two new drones, the Mavic Pro Platinum and Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian and announces the ‘Sphere’mode for the Spark at IFA 2017 in Berlin.

“DJI continuously look for ways to improve its products and introduce new features, many of which are the result of the positive feedback and requests we received from customers around the world,” said Paul Pan, DJI Senior Product Manager. “Starting with our Osmo Mobile Silver handheld stabilizer, DJI has been expanding its product variations to meet the different lifestyles and needs of consumers. Similarly, we’ve done the same with two of the most iconic DJI drone products, the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. The Spark’s newly added ‘Sphere’mode will also introduce a new way for people to experience the fun of aerial photography.”

The New and Improved Mavic Pro Platinum

The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum takes all of the advanced features of the Mavic Pro which revolutionised personal flight and builds on them.  It is ideal for travellers, amateur photographers and outdoor sports enthusiasts.

shangcheng_2.png
wm220_jinsebip_guanwang_02.png

MPP noise.jpg
With an 11 percent gain in flight time taking it up 30 minutes coupled with a 60% noise power reduction[1], the Mavic Pro Platinum provides the best portable drone experience yet.  Additionally, the drone’s compact and powerful body has also been created with an attractive platinum coloured shell.

The increased flight time and quieter operation has been achieved by integrating new electronic speed controllers (ESC’s) and freshly designed propellers which are also compatible with the current Mavic Pro.

Furthermore, pilots of the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum benefit from a portable, powerful and easy-to-use camera drone that features a 4K stabilised camera, 4.3 mile (7km)[2] range, innovative FlightAutonomy technology to sense obstacles up to 49ft (15m) away and a range of intelligent flight modes that make it extremely fun and easy to fly.

FAQ

1.    Mavic Pro vs. Mavic Pro Platinum – What's the difference?
The only differences are that the Mavic Pro Platinum has an extended flight time of 30 minutes with an increased hover time of 27 minutes. It also has 4dB (60%) aircraft noise reduction.

2.    Can I use a Mavic Pro battery in my Mavic Pro Platinum?
Yes, you can.

3.    Can I use the Mavic Pro Platinum battery/props/RC in my Mavic Pro?
Yes, you can.

4.    Will the Mavic Pro Platinum maintain its noise reduction in all flight modes?
Yes, it will.

Learn more here!

Buy it now!

Also, there are more exciting releases during IFA:

DJI Spark: Capture Stunning ‘Sphere’ Panorama Images

Spark is an easy-to-use, fun-to-fly mini camera drone that lifts off from the palm of your hand to capture and share those special moments on the go. Spark is the first consumer drone that users can control by hand gestures alone, whether it's sending it up and away, taking a selfie or shooting a video, or calling it back.

With the newly introduced Sphere mode in the Panorama photo feature, users now have more ways to enjoy the Spark and can easily produce a panoramic photo with a fisheye lense effect. This ‘Sphere’can then be shared directly to social media sites, some of which already support interactive images. The new feature will be included soon in the forthcoming DJI GO 4 mobile app and Spark firmware updates.

sphere-改.jpg

This mode joins the following recently announced firmware updates which allow Spark users to get the best flying experience with easy to use photo and video functions:

•    A new gesture to start and stop video recording
•    Enhanced QuickShot video features for more cinematic control
•    A 180-degree photo shooting mode and improved photo image resolution
•    Full integration with the DJI Goggles
•    Optimisation of the PalmLaunch function for better stability after takeoff
•    Improved control accuracy under the QuickShot Dronie mode

For more info about the Spark: http://www.dji.com/spark

Product images are available at: https://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/dji/latest_media/tag/djispark

DJI at IFA 2017

Visit the DJI booth at IFA to experience the new devices and see DJI’s entire lineup of handheld and aerial imaging products. Located at Messe Berlin inside Exhibition Hall 3, Level 2, Booth #105, the DJI booth is open daily from 10:00-18:00, Sep 1st-6th

EN-IFA.jpg

0821mavic-platinum-2.jpg
MPP items.jpg
2017-8-31
Use props
Cebrady17
lvl.1
United States

Are you able to use the new Props on a standard Mavic Pro? Will this increase flight time and provide quieter flight for the standard Pro?
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

Canada

Cebrady17 Posted at 2017-8-31 07:21
Are you able to use the new Props on a standard Mavic Pro? Will this increase flight time and provide quieter flight for the standard Pro?

Yes!
2017-8-31
Use props
Drone-Mike
First Officer

United Kingdom

https://www.heliguy.com/dji-phantom-4-pro-obsidian-p4665 looking good DJI!
2017-8-31
Use props
CynicalZombie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

This is of course the question every Mavic owner wants answered.
2017-8-31
Use props
Apprendista Str
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189035 ft
Ireland

The 8331 propellers have a brand new aerodynamic design giving the Mavic Pro series an impressive noise control performance. When used with the Mavic Pro Platinum, up to 4dB (60%) of aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing, and flight time is extended to 30 minutes. Noise reduction and flight time are also enhanced when used with the Mavic Pro, but not as much.

http://store.dji.com/product/mav ... ease-props-platinum
2017-8-31
Use props
Drone-Mike
First Officer

United Kingdom

This too https://www.heliguy.com/dji-mavic-pro-platinum-p4663
2017-8-31
Use props
mixmaven
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1699081 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why that question isn't in the FAQ or wasn't anticipated...    Let's hope the props fit and we get quieter flights on the Mavic Pro but probably not as large of a boost in flight time since the Platinum has different ESC's.    (Edit: they apparently have updated the FAQ)
2017-8-31
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Apprendista Str Posted at 2017-8-31 07:24
The 8331 propellers have a brand new aerodynamic design giving the Mavic Pro series an impressive noise control performance. When used with the Mavic Pro Platinum, up to 4dB (60%) of aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing, and flight time is extended to 30 minutes. Noise reduction and flight time are also enhanced when used with the Mavic Pro, but not as much.

http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-low-noise-quick-release-props-platinum

Welp, that's a no-brainer purchase. Too bad they're currently out of stock. ;)
2017-8-31
Use props
Jinjur
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The props actually suit our MP more than the platinum......lol

Is the new battery different / better apart from being a turd colour?

J
2017-8-31
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apprendista Str Posted at 2017-8-31 07:24

http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-low-noise-quick-release-props-platinum

Yes! Awesome.
2017-8-31
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Can we use the Mavic pro RC on the platinum and can we buy the A.C. only?
2017-8-31
Use props
MavicAlpha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243770 ft
Malaysia

is this new drone propellers and battery compatible with old mavic?
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

Canada

So far, all accessories are cross-compatible, though flight time of the MP will not be able to quite match the MPP.
2017-8-31
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

I had hoped that DJI would give the new Mavic Pro 2 or 4 more eyes.
2017-8-31
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Any idea when the new props will be available in the store for purchase?
2017-8-31
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I think refining the existing aircraft is a good idea.  Baby steps... there are still a lot of flights left in this platform.
2017-8-31
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-31 07:33
Welp, that's a no-brainer purchase. Too bad they're currently out of stock. ;)

Just clip one corner off of your current propellers and you have the new model, albeit without the sexy paint...
2017-8-31
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Looks like the only difference is 3 more minutes flight time and quieter props. All for $100 more. I am glad that DJI didn't obsolete my Mavic Pro!
2017-8-31
Use props
Jeffrey Depp
New
Flight distance : 53606 ft
United States

So the Mavic Pro is black... and the new Mavic Pro Platinum is silver? The RC look the same though?
2017-8-31
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am really curious about some comparisons about the noise.
I will definitely buy these propeller and will do an old vs new test.
2017-8-31
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-8-31 07:45
So far, all accessories are cross-compatible, though flight time of the MP will not be able to quite match the MPP.

I currently own 5 Mavic batteries, that gives me adequate flight time.
Should it not be enough, then I'll simply buy another battery or more...  
2017-8-31
Use props
Landjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61496 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-8-31 07:45

Just wondering about the flight time difference with the props on a Pro.  Does the Platinum have different motors, a little lighter or just  what prevents the Pro from achieving the same performance?
2017-8-31
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Landjet Posted at 2017-8-31 08:19
Just wondering about the flight time difference with the props on a Pro.  Does the Platinum have different motors, a little lighter or just  what prevents the Pro from achieving the same performance?

Different Esc‘s.
2017-8-31
Use props
Landjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61496 ft
United States

Got it, thank you.
2017-8-31
Use props
Jinjur
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JaseRicco Posted at 2017-8-31 08:28
IMO, total miss...$100 price increase for 3 min more of flight time, a new color, and quitter flight on an already pretty quiet drone?? Take the $100 and get another battery for the Mavic Pro. SMH

Boom.

I am with you buddy.

of course we will all get the spanky new props tho

2017-8-31
Use props
JaseRicco
New

United States

IMO, total miss...$100 price increase for 3 min more of flight time, a new color, and quitter flight on an already pretty quiet drone?? Take the $100 and get another battery for the Mavic Pro. SMH
2017-8-31
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Wonder where they have all gone…. Sold out already!
2017-8-31
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

One more choice for new pilots.
2017-8-31
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-31 07:56
Just clip one corner off of your current propellers and you have the new model, albeit without the sexy paint...

Yeah, not quite the same thing, thanks. ;)

I was just about to buy some backup props as I'm into my second set, and I'd appreciate a quieter AC. I'll wait a bit and see how long it takes for them to become available. Still have the old set as a temp backup.
2017-8-31
Use props
JaseRicco
New

United States

Jinjur Posted at 2017-8-31 08:25
Boom.

I am with you buddy.

of course we will all get the spanky new props tho

But of course
2017-8-31
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

JaseRicco Posted at 2017-8-31 08:28

Manufacturers have to produce something new to catch new customers, even when they already own the old model.
Look at the iPhone, people have been rushing out for years to buy "old wine in new bottles".
This strategy may also work for DJI with the Mavic Pro Platinum.      
2017-8-31
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-31 08:32
Yeah, not quite the same thing, thanks. ;)

I was just about to buy some backup props as I'm into my second set, and I'd appreciate a quieter AC. I'll wait a bit and see how long it takes for them to become available. Still have the old set as a temp backup.

Well, I just bought a complete set of 4 propellers, but they won't suddenly be obsolete only because the Mavic Pro Platinum has hit the market.
But I shall definitely try the new Platinum propellers, as soon as they are readily available.
2017-8-31
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-31 08:47
Manufacturers have to produce something new to catch new customers, even when they already own the old model.
Look at the iPhone, people have been rushing out for years to buy "old wine in new bottles".
This strategy may also work for DJI with the Mavic Pro Platinum.

You know that the old wine is the best wine? ;)
2017-8-31
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-8-31 09:30
You know that the old wine is the best wine? ;)

Only if it was a good wine year...
2017-8-31
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-8-31 07:57
Looks like the only difference is 3 more minutes flight time and quieter props. All for $100 more. I am glad that DJI didn't obsolete my Mavic Pro!

true, was thinking the same. Although I may try those new props?

2017-8-31
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

If the new battery and the new props do the job ( noise reduction, more flight time ) = $99 , then Why the Platinum body and the RC = $ 1000?

Logically, the price of $ 1,099 is for Mavic pro set + new platinum battery + new platinum props!

In other words, DJI should put in box one old battery and four old props. Otherwise reduces the price to $999. Unless the Platinum has other reason rather the battery and prop to fix the new price.
2017-8-31
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

As they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.....Mavic Pro is a superb period !
2017-8-31
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Hey they should give us forum members a nice sizable discount ? come on moderators ?  

2017-8-31
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

The REAL question - will the old Mavic props work on the Platinum? lol!
2017-8-31
Use props
12345678910Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules