Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikegwalk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2251 ft
  • >>>
United States

GoPro 4 DJI Lightbridge recording and live view at 4k

This still seems to be a problem, i am guessing it in on the lightbridge side becuase i hooked my
gopro 4 black edition up to my big screen and got a live feed while recording at 4k. Please can a dji rep
tell me whats going on.. It works on GoPro side, Thanks
2014-10-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The GoPro 4 downgrades the HDMI signal from 1080p to 480p when shooting at 4K and 2.7K.  It is a limitation of the processing power of the 4.  It is unclear at this time if DJI can adjust the firmware to accommodate 480p from the HDMI.  
2014-10-18
Use props
mikegwalk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2251 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-10-19 06:50
The GoPro 4 downgrades the HDMI signal from 1080p to 480p when shooting at 4K and 2.7K.  It is a lim ...

Is there another FPV system that will work with the gopro 4 at 4k  and the phantom 2
2014-10-19
Use props
DJI-youzq
lvl.2
China

We are working on this issue, but still no result now.
2014-10-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

mikegwalk@yahoo Posted at 2014-10-20 04:20
Is there another FPV system that will work with the gopro 4 at 4k  and the phantom 2

You can use analog out from the usb on the GoPro and then a 5.8gHz video downlink.  Our AVL58 will work with this system.
2014-10-20
Use props
szeles.m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20042933 ft
Hungary

Still no results?!
2014-11-16
Use props
eddie
New

New Zealand

Fingers crossed they release a 480P firmware update!

Maybe they not "Inspired" to update old gear!
2014-11-16
Use props
szeles.m
lvl.1
Hungary

Yeah, it's easier to create a new $3k copter than updating our $1,5k device's firmware :/

I don't really get this... 1.5 - 2 months after the issue was identified and still no firmware update?! Why?
2014-11-17
Use props
eddie
New

New Zealand

szeles.m@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-17 16:07
Yeah, it's easier to create a new $3k copter than updating our $1,5k device's firmware :/

I don't r ...

I did a 4k flight today by taking the mini usb anaologue video out and sending that to the lightbridge. Worked ok..BUT....it dosent show OSD of flight data! Omg, just cant win! Funny thing though, is the video seemed less interrupted compared to the 720/1080p video you would normally get. I actually dont mind that.

Also, I reckon the Gopro 4 is a big fail. 1, Over heating 2, corrupt video files (2 out of 3 failed today) 3, Hires video drops to 480p on record. 3, 4k photo timelapse capture stops analogue video output.

A big 4 fails!

So I dont see all that to be DJI's fault, but I hope DJI do come to the party.
2014-11-18
Use props
szeles.m
lvl.1
Hungary

Yes, I know GoPro failed this Hero 4 cameras so hard... It's so strange. I always get my camera freeze and it's sh*t to remove the gimbal lock from the camera to remove and put back my battery to get working.

I was filming for like half a hour. I pressed stop on the camera and it freezes... And video save? Of course no (Y)

I hope they can resolve it with some kind of firmware update.

May I ask you what kind of cable you use? USB to AV or USB to HDMI?

Thanks in advance!
2014-11-19
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys, IMHO this is not a Lightbridge issue. What you are asking DJI to do is come out with a firmware that support SD over HDMI, when it already supports this via the AV input.

Regarding no OSD via AV input, I don't have an answer except mine does provide OSD Data.
2014-11-20
Use props
szeles.m
lvl.1
Hungary

Thanks. And would you tell me what kind of cable should I use? USB to ???
2014-11-20
Use props
rydellster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76401 ft
Chile

DJI-youzq Posted at 2014-10-20 12:12
We are working on this issue, but still no result now.

Thnx for working on the 4k issue for lightbridge. Quite frustrated down here in Chile awaiting a solution so I can begin my 4k filming
2014-11-20
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

szeles.m@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-21 01:23
Thanks. And would you tell me what kind of cable should I use? USB to ???

USB to LB AV cable, you will have to remove the barrel plug.
2014-11-20
Use props
flaboy
New

United Kingdom

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-11-21 07:18
USB to LB AV cable, you will have to remove the barrel plug.

Hello Blade_Strike - would you kindly let me know what precisely cable is this? I really can not figure it out. Any URL to existing photo or even link to the RC store selling this cable much appreciate!!! Thanks.
2014-12-5
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

http://www.amazon.com/Goliton%C2 ... rds=gopro+usb+video

Then you either crimp a connector on the LB AV cable or just solder it.
2014-12-5
Use props
flaboy
New

United Kingdom

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-12-5 22:42
http://www.amazon.com/Goliton%C2%AE-Transmitter-Real-time-Output-Camera/dp/B00G6CDDIW/ref=sr_1_2?ie= ...

I need something thin/lightweight and ready to get in the UK.
2014-12-11
Use props
scoamarks
lvl.1

United States

Can the GoPro be powered if you connect it via usb to Lightbridge?
2014-12-15
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That would all depend on the usb/av cable that you choose to use.
2014-12-18
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-12-18 23:40
That would all depend on the usb/av cable that you choose to use.

This is what I just ran across in the LightBridge manual on page 33.

Note:
The OSD is not available when AV video is selected

2014-12-22
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Over hdmi.. osd is still available via the app.
2014-12-23
Use props
ssquidy
New

Netherlands

My GoPro Hero 4 Black doesn't send out anything through the USB port. I connected it to my Zenmuse H4-3D (dedicated for the Hero 4) but it only works with the Hero 3... Anyone else had this issue? There is just no analog video out..

Cheers.
2015-7-3
Use props
thebestappinthe
New

Philippines

You may use these guide here: https://goo.gl/2syiRP Its helpful..
2016-9-17
Use props
martin_jovanosk
New

North Macedonia

Hey guys, this Guide will help you how to go live via you GoPro Camera - https://www.yatko.com/live-streaming/gopro-live-streaming !! Check it
2016-9-18
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

How does that help this situation with light bridge?
2016-9-22
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

A firmware update to my light bridge 1 has it working with my GoPro in 4k though.. DJI keeps saying that the GoPro goes Down to 480p on its hdmi output when recording in 4K, but I beg to differ. My monitors and my Tv's including my 4K equipment show the GoPro hero 4 black outputting 1080p which light bridge should handle natively
2016-9-22
Use props
Marlow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37316 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mark97564 Posted at 2016-9-22 03:21
A firmware update to my light bridge 1 has it working with my GoPro in 4k though.. DJI keeps saying that the GoPro goes Down to 480p on its hdmi output when recording in 4K, but I beg to differ. My monitors and my Tv's including my 4K equipment show the GoPro hero 4 black outputting 1080p which light bridge should handle natively

Replying to an old thread, but hey .. maybe this helps.

GoPro going down to 480p at 4k and 2.7k is something that came after a certain firmware (3.x and up) .. due to needing the CPU power for other features while recording. (I need to confirm this !!) Mark, what firmware level is your Hero 4 on ?

No OSD on AV should be easy enough to fix ... well .. having said that: I upgraded my P2 from a Fatshark 5.8 sender with miniOSD to Lightbridge .. not so much for resolution, but to get more range on the video feed.

So I figured, I'll just leave the FPV hub on there and wire the VTX port to the AV-port on the Lightbridge transmitter. Anyone done that ?

Couldn't find a pre-fab'ed cable for that. Guess I'll have to butcher something.

/M
2017-4-19
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Lightbridge does crash and video... Take everything off your p2 except lightbridge....  Lightbridge is the only thing you need...   Also DO NOT let the battery in your lightbridge ground station to go dead and make sure you turn it on once a week...  Best yet make sure you fly with it at least once a week..  If you let lightbridge 1 sit unused for to long it will corrupt its nand flash and it will not work anymore...  And if it happens while your out of warranty Dji charges $350 to fix it...  So don't learn the hard way like I did and hundreds of others..  A few people had corrupted nand flash after lightbridge not being used for just 3 weeks!...  And as like everything else.. Dji knows the lightbridge 1 is flawed but still push the blame onto the customer...  So don't let your lightbridge sit to long...  It's $350 just to fix 1 part..  If the ground and air systems both develop corrupt nands you will be looking at $700 to get it working again or you will have to buy a usb to 3.3 volt ttl converter and download a bunch of files from the phantom pilots forum solder some wires onto the circuit board and manually reflash the software on the nand...  So use it once a week to avoid this issue
2017-4-28
Use props
Marlow
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

Over the last few months testing, I've come to a few conclusions and these are not really that well documented .. if at all.

- LB1 Airunits do not like anymore more than 4S. Yes, they're spec'd to 6S, but it really fries/scrambles/screws with the Linux partition on the airunit and renders them useless. The remote control portion will continue to work. It's best to feed them with a 12V UBEC, if you are running a system with power bigger than 4S. So the DIY wiring documentation on the DJI Wiki is an absolute NO GO for 5S or higher voltage systems, unless you add a UBEC. It's not only the NAND that gets destroyed by the higher voltages, but also some internal interface functions. There's a good reason, why the LB2 only takes up to 12v'ish.

- DJI will replace the Airunit (or Groundunit) on warranty once. Even now. But once it has been replaced, they'll charge 350+ bucks for it.

- GoPro Hero4 v5 firmware and also the latest firmware for the Hero3+ won't play with LB1 HDMI at all. And there has been no firmware updates from DJI since to cope with that. Probably never will be. The Thieye T5e (and probably every other camera with the Ambarella chipset) works perfectly with HDMI with LB1. Using the analog output on GoPro Hero cams with the LB1 also works perfectly.

- LB1 will not supply telemetry, once there is no video signal. So if you have no camera signal, your camera is off or you've flown out video range, you loose telemetry ... full stop. Remote control will still work. It seems that the remote control portion is in the lower 2.4GHz band, the video in the upper 2.4GHz band, so video dies before remote control does.

- When the LB1 encoder partition is bugger, the remote control part still works. Matter of fact, may people using bigger rigs with LB1 will never notice, that their encoder is fried, the reason being, that with the Zenmuse Z15 gimbals (Panasonic/Sony/Canon), the GCU handles the encoder part and the LB1 still looks like it works (HD Gimbal portion).

If you adhere to above bits and bobs, LB1 airunit shouldn't really go wrong and I've only ever managed to reflash one once .. out of 10's of attempts. It's a nightmare. Groundunits however, should they go wrong, are easy enough to reflash and work fine after doing that.

Just my 2c. I have 5 airunits and 4 ground units, so I've had my fare share of hardship with these. The problem is: there is very little on the market, that does quite the same as LB1. Even Lightbridge 2 feels like a downgrade, when you've been using Lightbridge 1.
/M

2017-8-14
Use props
Marlow
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

Oh .. and if you connect a LB1 to an A3 controller (and possibly N3), you will also have no telemetry. This is also caused by lack of recent firmware updates to Lightbridge 1.

So the only way to cope with that is to disable the telemetry of the Lightbridge 1 (for the HDMI screen on the groundstation) and install an iOSD Mk2 module with recent firmware, which also negates the use of HDMI on the copter. Or buy a Lightbridge 2.

/M
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules