Better FC-40 camera range
2593 2 2014-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D-MO
New

United States

Anyone heard of a Wi-Fi camera to replace the FC-40 with better range or less latency? Or maybe a hack that would improve the range of the FC-40? The FC-40 records great but is impossible for useful FPV. Possibly something like the ilook but on 2.4 ghz. I'm not interested in using a Wi-Fi booster its to cumbersome.
2014-10-19
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Less latency is unlikely to happen - wifi is not designed for real-time FPV. It is designed, in the case of all Phantoms, to allow you to frame your shots and videos.

Plenty of extra payload capacity on an FC40 to put a small FPV camera either in addition to - or instead of - the stock cam. An analog cam will probably provide the least latency since I assume some is lost in processing to composite). Of course you need an FPV screen then too....
2014-11-27
Use props
D-MO
New

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2014-11-28 03:08
Less latency is unlikely to happen - wifi is not designed for real-time FPV. It is designed, in the  ...

yea kinda was what I was getting at oh well I don't think im going to be buying the new dji platform someone with a little more commitment to their previous products is more attractive right now..
2014-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules