NAZA M LITE with Raspberry Pi
6692 4 2014-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FillFeile
New

Germany

Hello Together,

I'm working on a project with the NAZA M LITE controller combined with a Raspberry Pi. The aim of the whole project is to build an autonomous quadrocopter that is controlled by the Raspberry Pi. To achieve this we have connected the A, E, R, T... Channels of the NAZA M LITE controller to some of the GPIO Pins on the Pi. The GPIO Pins simply simulate a connected RC-Receiver: they just put out a standard pulse width modulation. The whole signal is configured to 20 ms and the high signal varies from 1ms to 2ms.

Now my problem:

If I put on a 1ms pulse on for example the A channel all is good. Trough the NAZA Software I can see that the A channel drops to -1000. If I afterwards put a 1ms pulse on the E channel the same result (drop to -1000) appears for round about 1 sec. After this short time the A and E channel are jumping to the middle of their signal range (green or in numbers 0). In this state I am not able to reach any negative values on both channels. Only a restart of the NAZA controller resets this state.

I really can't imagine why this is happening. Any ideas?
2014-10-20
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

you have to find a way to calibrate the naza to the Raspberry PI output. I don't know the code your using but you should connect the naza to the assistant and perform the tx calibration just like you would on a traditional rx setup. So this would require you to be able to send full throw commands on all channels via the PI controller.
2014-10-21
Use props
sergneri
lvl.1

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-10-22 07:13
you have to find a way to calibrate the naza to the Raspberry PI output. I don't know the code your  ...

Yes, smells like R/C calibration time, possibly a loop of 10 cycles through A/E/T/R ending at zero which you'd want to execute after you hit the stick calibration button in the assistant. After that, you should be OK to go, at least, that's the theory.
2014-10-30
Use props
FillFeile
New

Germany

I can't report any good news.. I did what you suggested: wrote a program which moves the PWM from 1ms to 2ms many many times. But the sliders in the NAZA Software still jump around. Some of them work correctly after a calibration some only move from -1000 to 0. I don't have any further idea...
2014-11-10
Use props
safa mez
New

Algeria

hi can you help me connect the A, E, R, T Channels of the NAZA M LITE controller to some of the GPIO Pins on the Pi and the code your using
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules