Problem - P2 and Remote not communicating
6469 20 2014-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamjoshbender
New

United States

Hi all.  Maybe some of you could help.

I have a P2 - with Zenmuse H3-2D.  It is worth noting, I have had it up and flying prior to this issue.

I recently did the full round of updates on the remote and P2.  Since, I now get a CFG-ERR error code when connecting to the PT2 software, which coincides with blinking yellow GPS lights.  Motors do not start.  P2 does not recognize remote in any way.

I have tried the following...
Binding.  
Switching Mode1 & Mode2
PPM vs DBUS... I am in DBUS.  
Power cycled.
New Batteries.
Calibrated remote in RC software.
Flipped GPS switches 10 times... rotated P2 to calibrate.

I am running MAC software versions...
PT2 - 3.2
RC - 1.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2014-10-20
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Have you tried to linking the remote controller & built-in receiver? If not, please check the attachment for linking.
P2 linking.PNG
2014-10-21
Use props
iamjoshbender
New

United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-21 17:40
Have you tried to linking the remote controller & built-in receiver? If not, please check the attach ...

Thank you for your suggestion Sophie.

Linking the remote to the P2 was the first thing I tried. In fact, I've tried that a dozen times thinking somehow it will miraculously change and work.  Still nothing.
2014-10-21
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi Iam, please try to downgrade the firmware, and try the linking again.
2014-10-21
Use props
azatkhkh
lvl.1

Russia

Good day, dear support! Sorry for my English. I have a same problem with my Ph2. My ph2 no crash or damage, and no flight yet. Only install props guard.
I did all the above steps are described iamjoshbender. And I try to downgrade the firmware to 3.0. But still nothing. I want to draw your attention to one point . In manual about linking procedures sad: ".... hold until the Link blinks red, then release it". After release the button it is not still blinking red. It's stop blink after 2 second. I think it's abnormal. Maybe problem with receiver? And how can I check my transmitter DJ6 signal without Ph2? I have no any ph2.
2014-10-23
Use props
azatkhkh
lvl.1

Russia

iamjoshbender@g Posted at 2014-10-21 22:48
Thank you for your suggestion Sophie.

Linking the remote to the P2 was the first thing I tried. I ...

iamjoshbender, did you solve the problem?
2014-10-26
Use props
azatkhkh
lvl.1

Russia

Dear support, could you help me?
2014-10-27
Use props
iamjoshbender
New

United States

azatkhkh@mail.r Posted at 2014-10-26 19:32
iamjoshbender, did you solve the problem?

No.  This did not fix the problem.
2014-10-27
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

azatkhkh@mail.r Posted at 2014-10-24 14:20
Good day, dear support! Sorry for my English. I have a same problem with my Ph2. My ph2 no crash or  ...

Hi, do you mean you just got the Phantom 2 and it's not connected with the controller? Normally, the Phantom should be linked up with its controller out of the box. Also, please make sure the remote controller is 0.5m-1m away from the Phantom.
2014-10-27
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

azatkhkh@mail.r Posted at 2014-10-24 14:20
Good day, dear support! Sorry for my English. I have a same problem with my Ph2. My ph2 no crash or  ...

Also, there are two versions of the status of Link indicator. One is: when the Link indicator turns solid green, the link between the remote controller and the built-in receiver has been successfully estabished.
The other one is: when the link indicator turns off, the link has been successfully established. Please check the aircrafts' light or connect to the assistant software to confirm whether it has been linked successfully or not.
2014-10-27
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

iamjoshbender@g Posted at 2014-10-28 08:24
No.  This did not fix the problem.

Hi Iam, would you please give me the firmware version before you upgrade, and the firmware version which you upgraded? We need to do a test. Thanks.
2014-10-27
Use props
azatkhkh
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-28 10:09
Hi, do you mean you just got the Phantom 2 and it's not connected with the controller? Normally, t ...

After unpacking everything was fine, I only set the props guard. Then update the software from 3.0 to 3.2 . Upgrade and calibrated controller. Before the arrival of the parcel with the  global and FPV, I decided to fly to the stadium . After power on ph2 immediately going to yellow blinking . When shipping damage are excluded.During the week , I tried to solve the problem.
2014-10-27
Use props
azatkhkh
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-28 10:18
Also, there are two versions of the status of Link indicator. One is: when the Link indicator turn ...

At now it's solid red and indicator light is blinking yellow. On RC Asistant all sticks are moves. On PH2 software I get a CFG-ERR error. I followed instructions:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... e_Remote_Controller
According this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jYic0Z6fZ8w after the pushing on link button it must be flashes red before power on the controller, then if the receiver will find controller the button must flashes green. In my case, I press Link button until it flashes red. After that red light flashes for while and it turns out.
I have tried this procedure for many times and with different distances. I can't get stable green from link button.
2014-10-27
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi, azatkhkh, I just tried to upgrade the firmware from 3.06 to 3.08, and still able to link the receiver with the controller...
2014-10-29
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Please contact your dealer for help.
2014-10-29
Use props
azatkhkh
lvl.1

Russia

Still no good news. I'm so tired. Dealer is "dead".
2014-11-8
Use props
iamjoshbender
New

Brazil

Sophie - I did exactly as AZA described.

Updated the software from 3.0 to 3.2 and calibrated controller.

Both controller and P2 link light are solid red. On RC Asistant all sticks are moves.  On P2 software I get a CFG-ERR error.

Link never goes green.  P2 GPS indicator lights continue to flash yellow.

I tried downgrading firmware.  I tried updating firmware again.  No change.

Very frustrated as I had the P2 flying before.

2014-11-8
Use props
azatkhkh
lvl.1

Russia

The attempt to link with another RC(not mine) gave me "positive" result. My Phantom 2 to link with another RC. My RC is not working, but it sees and calibrates in RC Assistant. BUT! After update firmware up to 1.0.1.19 RC indicator flash solid green (in normally for phantom2- solid red) and sings DIDIDI after power on. Many attemts of calibration in RC assistant and in manual mod not give any results!
How can I downgrade RC firmware? Any idea?
2014-11-12
Use props
iamjoshbender
New

United States

FYI.  Just updated to 3.6.

No change in issue, still no connection.  
2014-12-17
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-29 09:05
Please contact your dealer for help.

DJI Support....

Can we please have a downgrade for the DJ6 controller.

I have the 2.4mhz controller, it has loaded the incorrect firmware.

Your RC software version on mine that changes the front light to green, and stops the X1 channel from working in the drone.

Please give a link for re-flashing to the original firmware.
Thank you.
2016-6-4
Use props
eos.leween
New

Japan

I'm having the same issue with my Phantom 2.
Sad part is it's working fine the day before.
The next day I wasn't able to fly it.
It did not crash nor did I update the firmware like most people are having issue with.
What's interesting is sometimes it's working so I initially thought maybe it's just some loose connections.
I have it checked by a technician and all the wires are intact.

I hope someone can share the solution, I cannot find it in any other website/forums.
I'm losing hope because this is already a very old thread and no solution is still out there.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules