Lipo Charging and Storage Bag recommendations
6508 21 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

I am looking around for some lipo charging and storage bags as my collection of extra batteries is growing again and am looking for a box style lipo charging bag/box/safe that I can use in my carry case (modified custom fit of course to accomadate for the thickness of the bag) with my I1.

Is anybody using this style of Lipo Bag that can fit the I1 batteries? If so please drop me a link where to pick them up as everything I am finding is generic bag style and will make fitment in sized pockets a bit more challanging or it is to small to allow fitment of the I1's smart battery top.

lipo bag.jpg
2015-4-9
Use props
cypress6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

I am using 9x12 inch LiPo bags that I ordered off of Amazon. Each bag can hold 2 batteries horizontally. I can't say the bag would contain 2 6S LiPo's going up in flames at the same time so I keep the bags in a .50 cal ammo can. IMG_6712.JPG
2015-4-9
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Watching this thread with interest!
Haven't purchased bags or a storage solution for my batteries just yet.

Has anyone got feedback on the effectiveness of these bags? (i.e had a fire?)

2015-4-9
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

cypress6 Posted at 2015-4-10 07:25
I am using 9x12 inch LiPo bags that I ordered off of Amazon. Each bag can hold 2 batteries horizonta ...

That's the generic one that is about $6 per bag correct?  Would love to find a correct size box style bag so I can store in my case.  Hey DJI hint hint...
2015-4-9
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

That's the generic one that is about $6 per bag correct?  Would love to find a correct size box style bag so I can store in my case.

I agree, I bought a load and they are no good for the case.
2015-4-10
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Have a look at these bags

http://www.multirotoruk.co.uk/sk ... tbs-lipo-bag-detail

I have three of them and they feel very robust and Don't have massive WARNING  text on them in case you fly with the batteries.  
2015-4-10
Use props
cypress6
lvl.2
United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-4-10 14:07
That's the generic one that is about $6 per bag correct?  Would love to find a correct size box st ...

I have bags from Thunder Power and 2 from Common Sense Industries, Inc.
I think the box style bags might be a better option for the I1 batteries.
2015-4-10
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

cypress6 Posted at 2015-4-11 01:05
I have bags from Thunder Power and 2 from Common Sense Industries, Inc.
I think the box style bags ...

Yeah im just having a hell of a time finding ones that fit.  There is a lot that is undersized and a couple that are WAY to big. Id like to cut slots into my case so each battery can be stored into a foam insert individually for while traveling.

I just talked with one of the other engineers here and were thinking about drawing one up in cad and send it off to get quoted. Aluminum coated kevlar with a reinforced nylon sleeve. If the MOQ is 300-500 I may say screw it and order them depending on the production costs.
2015-4-10
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

This is my thought for dimensions.

Inspire Lipo Bag.jpg
2015-4-10
Use props
cypress6
lvl.2
United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-4-11 01:14
Yeah im just having a hell of a time finding ones that fit.  There is a lot that is undersized and ...

I think custom is the way to go with this. I doubt any LiPo safe manufacturer will be making an I1 battery bag any time soon.
If you had to order 300-500 minimum I am sure you could off load them on the forums or ebay.
Let me know if you get it quoted I would be interested to see how the cost breaks down.

How tight a fit will those dimensions be? Are you thinking for storage/transport only or will you be able to use it during charging as well.
I usually put my LiPos in a bag while charging unless I am working in the garage/shop and can keep an eye on them.
2015-4-10
Use props
Tony Tronic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I too am having trouble finding suitable storage bags. My main concern is that they function for their intended purpose which seems almost impossible for a 6s battery. If you watch the various test on You Tube you will see that most of them offer little to no protection:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qQldY7fKn5o

From my research these seem to be the most effective http://www.liposack.com/charging.htm
Unfortunately, it means forgetting about using the battery slots in the Inspire case, but if it stops a serious fire that doesn't really matter.

Also using an Ammo box for home storage seems to be a good idea.
I'm no expert, just s**t scared of exploding LiPo's.

Cheers.

2015-4-11
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

cypress6 Posted at 2015-4-11 11:52
I think custom is the way to go with this. I doubt any LiPo safe manufacturer will be making an I1 ...

The dims are set as I.D and will leave a 3mm gap in at top. I have also spec'd a interior  treated EP close cell foam insert in it to cradle the lower portion of the battery to stabilize it during transport. The thickness of the marerial will not allow these to work in the stock I1 case. but "should" (Possible) be able to fit with a small modification to the battery pockets. I dont plan on them being any larger than necessary.

I sent over all of the specs and material requirements to my contacts overseas and hope to have some quotes soon.
2015-4-13
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Tony Tronic Posted at 2015-4-12 03:13
I too am having trouble finding suitable storage bags. My main concern is that they function for the ...

Yeah I have a couple of those bags but im hoping to have something that is box shaped to the dims of the I1 batteries and with minor mods hopefully can be used during transport in the I1 case for each battery individually.

Yeah for home storage, military surplus stores arer awesome...
2015-4-13
Use props
stevejg16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29001916 ft
United States

I use this with the lipo bags.
STY_OS0401.jpg
2015-4-13
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

stevejg16@gmail Posted at 2015-4-14 02:47
I use this with the lipo bags.

Yeah I had thought about that but the Ammo cans were much cheaper.    My wife is done with me spending money on this thing. lol
2015-4-13
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Sigh.....  gotta love China.  

I got my samples in for the TB Series battery bag and sent it out to be tested and it, well.... Failed.

After dissecting the second unit we found they substituted the synthetic Kevlar liner with a very cheap fiberglass which burned like fire wood in a camp fire.

I am talking with another company and am planning on visiting them when I am in China in July to walk the factory and confirm legitimacy of operations before I go any further.
2015-5-21
Use props
prb1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1496906 ft
United Kingdom

I'm looking for sensibly sized bags for 4 batteries which I'll store in an ammo box.
Just a thought. If there is a real risk of batteries catching fire do you really want to store them in the same case as £2000 worth of bird?
2015-5-28
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Actually the goal of this is not to store the batteries in the case when not in use, but to be used in the case during "transport" (Airplane, vehicle etc) where the batteries are in the same general case as the I1. I would never suggest storing the batteries in the case with the bird when not in use. I would however still use a lipo bag even while in storage in a steel case like an ammo can away from anything else.
2015-5-29
Use props
RCbag-YND
lvl.1

China

cypress6 Posted at 2015-4-9 15:25
I am using 9x12 inch LiPo bags that I ordered off of Amazon. Each bag can hold 2 batteries horizontally. I can't say the bag would contain 2 6S LiPo's going up in flames at the same time so I keep the bags in a .50 cal ammo can.[view_image]

The different materials lipo bag with different fire resistant, and this bag is common style. and if you need the higher fire resistant, which would suggest use the upgrade materials lipo battery bag. see this one.
2017-3-30
Use props
RCbag-YND
lvl.1

China

RCbag-YND Posted at 2017-3-30 01:53
The different materials lipo bag with different fire resistant, and this bag is common style. and if you need the higher fire resistant, which would suggest use the upgrade materials lipo battery bag. see this one.
[view_image]

https://www.amazon.com/YND-Firep ... ywords=YND+lipo+bag
2017-3-30
Use props
RCbag-YND
lvl.1

China

prb1 Posted at 2015-5-28 14:58
I'm looking for sensibly sized bags for 4 batteries which I'll store in an ammo box.
Just a thought. If there is a real risk of batteries catching fire do you really want to store them in the same case as £2000 worth of bird?

It is really very import to keep our safe with fire-proof battery bag.
2017-3-30
Use props
Linda-RC
lvl.1

China

I use this two, one is for two battery, and one is for 4 batterial, and it is second generation lipo battery bag, which is more fire resistant, and more safe than the frist generation.

https://www.amazon.com/YND-Batte ... ywords=YND+lipo+bag

https://www.amazon.com/YND-Firep ... 12&keywords=YND

2017-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules