Follow me feature on P3?
6077 13 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bghudson
New

Canada

I have read that P3 has a "follow me" feature, but I can't find details on it.  It would be nice for active sports (biking, skiing, waterskiing, etc).  Several kickstarters are trying to design "follow me" drones, but aren't in production.  Does anyone know about the follow me capabilities of P3?  
2015-4-11
Use props
irrbloss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210669 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It doesn't have any. It will be a feature in the SDK, allowing third party apps to include that functionality.
2015-4-11
Use props
johanmfr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7046667 ft
  • >>>
France

wait 3DRobotics annouce the 13 april for the new drone SOLO....follow me include..
2015-4-11
Use props
NorthernLoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300246 ft
United Kingdom

Really don't mind if its a few $$ to support this feature.
2015-4-11
Use props
utkinpol
New

United States

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/dji-phantom-3-drone-4k/

This info says it is in there. Go figure. It is very annoying indeed.
So it is not included into package that will ship in May? Is it a confirmed information?
2015-4-11
Use props
ausidcstaff
lvl.2

United States

Not going to have it or ground station either. DJI is pulling the same s#$%! they did with the Inspire 1. Bait and switch. Its ludicrous there is no Ground Station for I1 or P3 out of the box. DJI lies all the times and if you call them on it all the DJI fanbois will call you names and tell you that your just a complainer.  Look on the I1 boards DJI can't get its latest flagship working correctly. Their support sucks they don't respond to questions they ignore you and really just seem to think their customer are crap. Tahoe_Ed tries but I have doubts on his full disclosure and how much he is allowed to say. I wish they would be as much effort in engineering and support as they do in marketing and sales.
2015-4-12
Use props
johnrechd
lvl.2

United States

The great thing about being on the dji platform is that they have an SDK and a developer community behind the product now. There are currently a couple options for follow me from third party developers. I am working on an app that will do follow me as well. www.followmephantom.com is the development blog if you want to follow my progress.
2015-4-15
Use props
snowyowl1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646024 ft
Canada

I lov e it with my Yuneec Q500 fantastic and useful,Kind of Clad my Aspire F&$$up It gave me more time to use this Baby.Follow me is a wonderful feature was driving my side by side on a pipeline job and this bird had vid of me constantly.
2015-4-15
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

autoflightlogic.com, a third party developer are actively developing Follow Me, GS and other features for the P3.

be prepared to shell out £14 or so for the app though.
2015-4-16
Use props
xguy4ku
lvl.1

United States

it's already available fro the P2 vision +
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ... &ign-mpt=uo%3D4
2015-4-16
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

xguy4ku Posted at 2015-4-16 22:18
it's already available fro the P2 vision +
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autopilot-for-phantom/i ...

I'm going to hold off buying it until theres word it supports the features we all want but on the p3.

2015-4-16
Use props
xguy4ku
lvl.1

United States

tjrchampion Posted at 2015-4-16 22:46
I'm going to hold off buying it until theres word it supports the features we all want but on the  ...

Exactly my thought , I'm pretty much decided on the P3 but I would rather wait, first to see if there are any glitches, give it time to get sorted out , and give time for the SDK apps to come out .
2015-4-16
Use props
morhedec
lvl.1

France

I have pre-ordered the P3. I am also interested in the follow me feature. Read in a blog that the controller won't have a localizer (contrary to the inspire 1) and that you will therefore need the tablet or phone to serve as point of reference. Do you guys confirm?
I haven't yet bought the tablet to go with it but I want to make sure it carries the specs to enable tracking (so I guess GPS feature). I assume you don't need a tablet with cellular capacity, just GPS. Do you confirm? I'm inclined to go for a ipad mini but not sure which one.

thanks
2015-4-16
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

Well as most of you know that in Oct - Dec 2015, there will be a version 2 of the Phantom 3. The more people talk about the issue of the Phantom 3, DJI will update to make people happy. They also know that some of us, will buy the first one, so we can give our reviews.

But, for the most part I think DJI, does a great job on their products, and you can tell by the sale. I have had my DJI Phantom 2 Vision plus for less than 1 year, and they have came out with 2 new models.  P2V+ Ver2, InSpire 1, and now the P3 that will have some of the same things they have on the Inspire 3. Next I think they will have it so you can take the camera off the P3, like you can do with the Inspire 1.

For the people at DJI, I must say have some great plans for the Phantom, but their biggest downfall will be the customer support and feed back. This is where the money will come back to them if they invest.

I have had great service, and I have seen others have a very hard time, and get very stressed out about it. You have to say to yourself, is it worth it. am I having fun with it, or am I just paying to be a flight tester for DJI, and in most cases you are, and you may never see anything on your investment.

Yes, if you are thinking about waiting, then you should as most of us knows what will happens in about 6 months.

Just so you know, DJI does have beta tester they use, but I feel they should do a better job at it, as most of us are the best tester because there is no control test, we use it like an end user would use it.

Have a great day, and enjoy the new P3 for the next 6 months.

PS, I will say did di a good job on the price, but I was hoping you should use the same battery, but we know how that goes
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules