camera or gimble control
1293 6 2015-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
huasaipan
lvl.2

Guam

Hi,
I been looking for functions that can turn the camera to face a different direction while in the air.
For example while flying twards a small island I want to turn camera slowly to the side while passing the island so it will always be focusing on the island is this possible with the new drone?

Or circle an object which can be very hard to do right now with the Phantom 2 vision plus.

Does this new one come with this kind function? Like the director's flying mode.
Thanks

Mike

2015-4-13
Use props
huasaipan
lvl.2

Northern Mariana Islands

no one care to answer?

2015-4-15
Use props
cameronlevine
lvl.1

United States

Th gimbal only allows the camera to be pointed down towards the ground. It can not move horizontally only vertically.

I hope this helps.
2015-4-15
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

It's not impossible, but you have to fly sideways.  The gimbal faces the front of the drone.  I THINK with groundstation (which I haven't tried) you can control the yaw of the drone while it's flying between waypoints.  I'm hoping future versions will allow "orbit" waypoints do do exactly what you're talking about.

2015-4-15
Use props
xguy4ku
lvl.1

United States

besides you will get the landing gear in front of the camera if you pan left or right , so your only option is to fly side ways
2015-4-15
Use props
laurimiettinen
lvl.1

Finland

Hi,
I been looking for functions that can turn the camera to face a different direction while in the air.
For example while flying twards a small island I want to turn camera slowly to the side while passing the island so it will always be focusing on the island is this possible with the new drone?

Phantom 3 can not do that. If this feature is important to you, consider buying Inspire 1
2015-4-16
Use props
huasaipan
lvl.2

Northern Mariana Islands

I guess its my fault that I didn't see the IOC function on the Phantom 2 vision plus, its the IOC function I am looking for.
Can't believe I didn't know this till now.
2015-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules