Anybody have issue with telemetry data not showing in Vision app?
3926 12 2015-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

After waiting 7 weeks from the time I shipped my Phantom Vision 2+ back to DJI in California for gimble motor error, Fedex delivered my Phantom back to me, supposedly repaired and test flown.

I connected to the computer and double checked the IMU was still good and did not calibration.  They updated firmware to latest version at DJI.  I had to reset the bird to NAZA, the way it was when I shipped it out.  So I did have to remarry the remote to the bird.  No problem.

Took it out to test fly it, and realized no telemetry data was showing on Vision App.  I did hard reset on the Wifi range extender and following Binding process.  Everything seems to connect, camera shows image on Ipad Air, still no telemetry.

I call tech support and they walk me through everything I already did.  The only thing I did extra is delete and reload the latest Vision App on my Ipad.  They are now saying I have to ship it back to them.  I am ate up with anger and disappointment right now, having waited so long for the first repair.  Has anybody had a similar issue, and were you able to resolve it without shipping it back?

Again, camera image showing fine on Vision, but no battery info, satellites, altitude, etc.
2015-4-16
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I fixed it!!!!!!!!!  I am so friggin happy I'm doing a jig.   Sometimes it's the simple stuff!!!!  So I started doing a close inspection of the bird itself, and......Facing the front of the bird to your left  on the far left side of the gimble platform is a small plug with four wires leading to it.  Seemed a little higher than the other plugs, so I prodded it gently and discovered it was disconnected!!!!!  Reconnected, held my breath, and  power cycled everything.  BINGO!!!!!!!!!

Lost all your telemetry???  Check that plug!!!
2015-4-16
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

So glad for ya. Saw your other post in your other thread. I was about to tell you the best you could hope for is a loose connection. That's enough to make the Pope start cussing!
2015-4-16
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Thanks Raybro!   Test flight tomorrow!  Hopefully all will go well after such a frustrating afternoon.
2015-4-16
Use props
Dmitrijus Sereicikas
New

Lithuania

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-16 15:17
I fixed it!!!!!!!!!  I am so friggin happy I'm doing a jig.   Sometimes it's the simple stuff!!!!  So I started doing a close inspection of the bird itself, and......Facing the front of the bird to your left  on the far left side of the gimble platform is a small plug with four wires leading to it.  Seemed a little higher than the other plugs, so I prodded it gently and discovered it was disconnected!!!!!  Reconnected, held my breath, and  power cycled everything.  BINGO!!!!!!!!!

Lost all your telemetry???  Check that plug!!!

The same sit.Doesn`t help.I check all cables.
2019-8-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Dmitrijus Sereicikas Posted at 8-12 08:39
The same sit.Doesn`t help.I check all cables.

Tell us exactly what your problem is.  Try to be very descriptive and very specific.
2019-8-12
Use props
Dmitrijus Sereicikas
New

Lithuania

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-12 10:07
Tell us exactly what your problem is.  Try to be very descriptive and very specific.

No telemetry,bettery and satelites has been shown on phone screen.But camera works.Motors starts and it flyes normaly with green lights.Can it be app problem.Because i tried on sony xperia,blackviev phones and prestigio tablet with android.
2019-8-12
Use props
Dmitrijus Sereicikas
New

Lithuania

2019-8-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

I don't think I've ever seen this problem before.

Since you have working FPV, it seems unlikely to me that it would be an app problem.  My guess is it's a cable problem.  If you're sure all the plugs at the gimbal are fully seated, I would take the top off the P2V+ and be sure all the plugs on the other end in the AC are fully seated.  I would pay special attention to the short cable that leads to the front port-side of the wifi module from the front of the centerboard.  If that doesn't fix it, I would also check all the cables that lead to/from the Naza FC.  Be sure everything is fully seated.  You might also connect the AC to your desktop/laptop and run Phantom Assistant to see if it gives you a clue.  If you still can't figure it out, I'd start replacing cables.  

Good luck
2019-8-13
Use props
Dmitrijus Sereicikas
New

Lithuania

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-13 02:48
I don't think I've ever seen this problem before.

Since you have working FPV, it seems unlikely to me that it would be an app problem.  My guess is it's a cable problem.  If you're sure all the plugs at the gimbal are fully seated, I would take the top off the P2V+ and be sure all the plugs on the other end in the AC are fully seated.  I would pay special attention to the short cable that leads to the front port-side of the wifi module from the front of the centerboard.  If that doesn't fix it, I would also check all the cables that lead to/from the Naza FC.  Be sure everything is fully seated.  You might also connect the AC to your desktop/laptop and run Phantom Assistant to see if it gives you a clue.  If you still can't figure it out, I'd start replacing cables.  

All cables has been changed and checked 10 times.Maybe something with naza?
2019-8-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Which Phantom do you have?  
2019-8-13
Use props
Dmitrijus Sereicikas
New

Lithuania

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-13 15:44
Which Phantom do you have?

DJI Phantom 2 Vision +
2019-8-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Then you must have the RE 700, correct?  Let's assume you do.

If you have the RE 700, your app should display the percentage of the RE battery next to the RE icon on the top right side of the app (the RE500 does not display this).  See the middle of this video for an example.

This data comes directly from the RE to the mobile device.  The camera/AC is not directly involved.  

Since you are missing this RE battery percentage data on your screen, it seems reasonable to conclude that something is wrong with either the RE or your mobile device, and that's why you don't see telemetry.   You may be correct above when you said your mobile device may not be compatible and is causing the problem.  
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules