8609 9 2014-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can some one tell me why I would want to use the 2.4 for data link instead of the 900mhz data link?  I purchased a LK900 a while back and finally have my hex with a A2 working pretty good but cannot figure out why I would want to use the 2.4 considerating the possible interference between it and the radio control system.   The 900 has more range in the first place besides less of a problem of conflicks between the two.  Also DJI, is there a manual for the LK900?  I've found nothing to date.

2014-10-23
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

The function of LK900 is just like the 2.4G bluetooth datalink, the only difference is that LK900 is high frequency, long distance and small interference.
2014-10-30
Use props
andersonpaac
lvl.1

United States

The 2.4 Ghz GS has support for the iPad ground station which is a huge plus in my opinion!
2014-11-4
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

andersonpaac@gm Posted at 2014-11-5 07:18
The 2.4 Ghz GS has support for the iPad ground station which is a huge plus in my opinion!

Yes,  and I am trying to get the Ipad's Bluetooth to talk to the A2 with no luck so far and it may never the way I see it and cannot get a answer yet.  The 2.4 comes with a BTU Module and the 900Mhz does not, but the A2 has built in Bluetooth in the LED which I thought is the way I could connect.   Chime in DJI?
2014-11-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is not the way it works.  The BT unit on the 2.4gHz Data Link is on the ground unit not the air unit.  The A2 BT/LED is to update your firmware in the field not set waypoints.  
2014-11-8
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-8 21:55
That is not the way it works.  The BT unit on the 2.4gHz Data Link is on the ground unit not the air ...

Thanks,  that's interesting and I see your point.  So as I see it then, the LK900 will never work with the Ipad because of no Blue Tooth connection.  So far I cannot set the Ipad to even discover the A2 amd to try and adjust the gains as well and will always say it cannot find the aircraft.
Purchased a new LED BT and that's not the problem.  DJI service said to send it all in for testing.  That will mean its been sent back 3 times, but its winter here now, so may as well.  I still need a quality data link which I thought I had.
The information here is excellent and is sure the place to ask.  Hats off to the DJI people.
2014-11-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vonbaron1, you start the app and it finds the A2.  This is different than most BT apps that you may be used to where you pair with a device in Settings/BlueTooth.  You will find the A2 if you use the App first.  
2014-11-11
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-12 11:45
Vonbaron1, you start the app and it finds the A2.  This is different than most BT apps that you may  ...

Ok,  Tried your sequence.  Turned on Trans and A2,  Started app on the Ipad, turned on the Bluetooth.
Hey,  its seeing my settings that are on the A2.     That's first.     Thank You
2014-11-17
Use props
Ok ... Will the 2.4 Ghz work with an A2/Lightbridge setup or not?
I'm reading different opinions about the potential of interference but the DJI A2 product page shows it all installed together as a "total solution to aerial photography " http://www.dji.com/product/a2
I fly within VLOS so the range isn't important to me but the huge price difference is.
2015-10-16
Use props
Darkocar1959
lvl.1
Croatia

Hi,
I am using A2 and Wookong coupled with the LK900 DataLink. Both are used with PC Ground Station. Now I have to replace them due to interference problems with the RTK GPS. I need the range of LK900 and PC Ground Station compatibility. Any idea???
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules