Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Videos of Stuff - complete
1307 21 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

I thought about putting these in the other thread, but I wanted to just let them stand on their own and not make someone scroll through (suffer) to find them over there.  In total there will be 5 videos when I am done.  Perhaps 6 if I can pull it off.

- As mentioned, beavers did not seem to like the Phantom.  They literally went underwater and never showed the whole time it was flying.  However, as far as quality goes, I feel this is a much better representation of the pond.  When I am fanning the hut, the appearance of an 'infinity pool' to the right is actually a 6 to 8 foot high retaining wall built entirely by the beavers to create Lower Pond.  I still have to dig up the stills I have from the back side.  It is impressive.

- The geese on this side of the road are not as tolerant.  I honestly think, for this location, a lot has to do with the actual locations of the ponds.  Lower Pond has a road running right through it so there is frequently traffic noise.  Upper pond is only accessible by trail or actually going to the property.  It is public and there are many trails as well as a B&B on the property.  If you watch the video, the point where I cross from the Lower to the Upper Pond, that little strip of grass with what looks like a wooden walk across it, that is actually the original beaver dam that formed the pond some 30 years ago.  The house closest to the pond is called 'The Folly' as noone has ever lived in it and the foundation is not sound.  The house in the background is the B&B.

- There is a lot of video I would like to have left in.  Particularly the 3500 foot distance.  So in this video you can see a baseball field in the distance.  That is Williams College's baseball field.  This is another security force/organization I have 'understandings' with.  I do a lot of event photography for the college and other things.  I asked about this and the answer was "let us review the video and we will tell you what is okay.  But you must let us know ahead of time and no students can be visible."  So I figured it was best to edit stuff out.  

- This is another GS flight.  The river is the Hoosic River.  The farm is one of the oldest in the area.  I had to edit out the middle of the farm run as I probably should not have flown where I did - as close to the barn.  There were people there and at one point I was lower to get the horses and you can clearly see the people.  I thought it best to remove them.  I thought I had my points closer to being directly over the river in a few places or perhaps that is the error in GPS location.

- This is extra footage I shot after the GS flight.  At the end, when I take it up and sit for a few seconds, the pond is Transfer Pond, the buildings past that on the left is the highway department, on the right is the landscaping company, and off in the distance, on the right you see what looks like a white building.  That is Steinerfilm, Inc - the place of my employment.
2015-4-17
Use props
TCMAC
United States

Excellent videos .... Very surreal ... What State?
2015-4-17
Use props
bahamasboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Magical!!  Love the lower pond goose and his curiosity to swim towards the camera.   Nice music transition with the focus on the small bird in the tree!   The reflections of the sky/clouds are surreal!!  I envy your flight locations!  GREAT work!
2015-4-17
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

TCMAC Posted at 2015-4-18 07:50
Excellent videos .... Very surreal ... What State?

Thank you!  I appreciate the feedback.  Williamstown, MA
2015-4-17
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-4-18 08:23
Magical!!  Love the lower pond goose and his curiosity to swim towards the camera.   Nice music tran ...

Thank you!  Like I said, there seems to be two totally different mind-sets as far as geese go here.  The Lower Pond geese seem to be much more tolerant of all intrusions.  

ETA: I would love to say 'Thanks....'  But what is it?  Bahama?  Boy?  BahamaBoy?  Gertrude?  Royce?  Okay, Sam...George?  How about Phillippe?  Hermione?  
2015-4-17
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

WOW!  I can't believe it!  I let a spelling error get into my credits AND the same error in my original post.  I am doomed.  MUST re-edit!
Sorry...
2015-4-17
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Chris,

here the F' is "Lower Pond Revisited"! Jeez Man, give me the story and no video?

Jerry
2015-4-17
Use props
bahamasboy
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-18 08:32
Thank you!  Like I said, there seems to be two totally different mind-sets as far as geese go here. ...

LOL... I've been called Bboy, Bahamas, Boy and many other things!  Actually your were close with Phillippe!   Any of the above will work, or if you simply said "Phil" you'd nail it on the head!
2015-4-17
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
United States

Chris,

I like Upper Pond better than Lower Pond. I loved seeing the Geese swimming about! Look's like they have some pretty good digs! Henderson Hill has some really beautiful mountains. Some of the properties there in the side of the hill looked pretty nice as well. Cool Videos! I see you must have yanked Lower Pond Revisited for misspelled credits? How could that possibly be so?

Jerry
2015-4-17
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-18 10:13
Chris,

here the F' is "Lower Pond Revisited"! Jeez Man, give me the story and no video?

Jerry,
Reprocessing to correct typos in the title and credits.  Will be done in a minute or two and will fix link.

Chris
2015-4-17
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-4-18 10:19
LOL... I've been called Bboy, Bahamas, Boy and many other things!  Actually your were close with P ...

Phil,
Thanks!

Chris
2015-4-17
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-18 10:13
Chris,

Lower Pond Revisited is now up again
2015-4-17
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
United States

Chris,

That changed my mind, Lower Pond is better. More authentic, less man. Loved the beaver dam, the goose and the birds in the trees. All stuff that makes it all work for me. It's amazing the change since it was still iced over. That place will be beautiful when it greens up! Great job!

Jerry
2015-4-17
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-18 10:47
Chris,

That changed my mind, Lower Pond is better. More authentic, less man. Loved the beaver dam,  ...

Thanks Jerry!
2015-4-17
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

Four down, one to go.  For someone who hasn't had coffee in years,  I sure feel like a nice, big, hot cup of joe right now.
2015-4-18
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

Loaded last one for this run.  Any feedback is always appreciated.
2015-4-18
Use props
Raybro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Very good. Need some good weather down here in Texas. Wanna fly!
2015-4-18
Use props
bahamasboy
Second Officer
United States

Nice.  I see they sent the fire department after you in the Transfer video
2015-4-18
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
United States

Chris,

The Transfer-My favorite one of yours so far! Dug the white trees at the beginning and then the focus on the big one (They aren't Birch are they?). I just love seeing the cattle and horses in the pasture by the river! Great shots. Although the transfer station at the end is cool by itself, you could have left it out for me. A separate video of that would have been cool but (for me only) it didn't fit with everything else. Great job, Chris! Now on to the last one...

Jerry
2015-4-18
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
United States

Garbage and Dirty Water-I guessing should have read about it before my last post! That's what I was talking about. It may be garbage and dirty water but I think it's cool! That's the kind of technology that nobody sees. All those, what look like round, white, modules on the posts. I bet they're some sort of wifi monitoring stations. Pretty cool Man! I love seeing everyone progress with this stuff.

Jerry
2015-4-18
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-18 23:48
Chris,

The Transfer-My favorite one of yours so far! Dug the white trees at the beginning and then  ...

Jerry,
Thanks! Not sure what the trees are, but not birch.  I left the treatment plant in on the end of the video only because one of Williamstown's fire trucks goes by on the road.

The one I seem to come right up on before turning and I adjust the camera, I thought I had looked carefully at all the trees and set the right altitude, but when that one came up I was like "Oh crap, please turn before that.  I don't know if I am high enough to clear that one."  A severe pucker moment.

The part I left out, when I was closer to the barn, has great footage of the horses, but unfortunately people as well.

Chris
2015-4-18
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-18 23:57
Garbage and Dirty Water-I guessing should have read about it before my last post! That's what I was  ...

Jerry,
The round white things are actually lights.  The video cameras are real small and cannot be seen in the video even though I flew right by them.  They are mounted under the big lights on the tall green poles and unless you look real hard, even standing there they are hard to see.  There are ones mounted on the corners of the building as well.  Again, real small.

Chris
2015-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules