Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updating firmware for first time need help?
2917 6 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunny1994
lvl.3

United States

I;m about to update from 3.6 to 3.12. What all do I need to do? When updating the Phantom assistant from 3.6 do I need to redownload the drivers? Dose the camera need updating? I know these are dumb questions but I want to make sure its done right.

2015-4-17
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

The smartest thing to do is the remove the old assistant program and download all new from DJI. The Windows driver is the same. I would also date the camera firmware. Easy enough to to do. Be sure to read the read me file as you have to rename the.bin file for it to work.  Take your time and after upgrading re do the calibrations as recommended. Before first flight do the compas calibration and get good satellite lock. Small short test flights after the upgrade until you are confident all is working well. Have a nice day and enjoy flying..
2015-4-18
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

The attached is the procedure i have used on two previous upgrades and has worked flawlessly for me.

Phantom Firmware Update procedure.pdf

115.1 KB, Down times: 293

2015-4-18
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.3

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-18 22:09
The attached is the procedure i have used on two previous upgrades and has worked flawlessly for me.

Thanks for the step by step instructions. Do you think it would be a good idea to run to motors with the props off for about a minute just to make sure they respond to Tx commands. Thanks.
2015-4-18
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

That will give you a warm fuzzy feeling that the two are communicating and working together. I ell also check my wifi and camera sometimes so to speak on the bench to see that all are working. Makes me feal better when I fly.
2015-4-18
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

sunny1994 Posted at 2015-4-18 22:51
Thanks for the step by step instructions. Do you think it would be a good idea to run to motors wi ...

You could but I have only done so once, whatever works...just make sure props are off if you do or bingo bango...gong show!
2015-4-18
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.3

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-19 08:35
You could but I have only done so once, whatever works...just make sure props are off if you do or ...

Yeah I don't thing the Phantom would fly to well inside. LOL
2015-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules