Smart Drone Features
912 2 2015-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaguas
New

Ireland

Hi DJI,

I've ordered a Phantom 3 recently. Minutes after finishing my order, I've found a company that is planning to release a new drone with very interesting features.

Just out of curiosity. Will we be able to have features like 'Orbit', 'Follow Me' and 'Cable Cam' in futures updates for Phantom.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Joao
2015-4-18
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

DJI has announced that they are leaving it up to 3rd party developers to make apps that will support those features. Though who knows how long it will take them to release the SDK let alone someone make an app using it.
2015-4-18
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

To be honest, I would stick with the Phantom 3. That's just me though. The Phantom 3 is the absolute highest quality you can get form aerial photography and cinematography. In the other hand, the 3DR Solo is probably the most advanced drone on the market, but the video quality is not as great judging from videos that I have seen. I have seen it has been shaky, and will have a fisheye lens with the GoPro.
Both drones have not been released yet and both companies have only showcases pre production models, so things could change as of production models, but me personally would stay with the Phantom 3. Hope this helps
2015-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules