Flyaway "it can't happen to me" wrong
915 3 2015-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adimuzio513
New

United States

Ok so while I am a pretty new pilot of the p2 but I've drove every type rc have a garage full and flown quite a few copters before not quads though so I basically know what I'm doing just not as tested as I'd like on this platform.  So I'm curious Ive read a lot on these flyaways since before I bought my phantom and honestly thought if I keep up with all the calibration and firmware and follow all the tips than "it'll never happen to me" right nope wrong.  I'm exited to say I managed to save my setup and after some running and praying ended up bringing it down into my hands but Im very sure that it did start to operate on its own.  I've never had a problem before today and I'm sure I did nothing different except one thing I removed my go pro mount and installed a zenmuse h3-3d I just got yesterday. Everything is done right and attached my go pro h3 with the wifi turned off.  It was fine seemed a bit drifty compared to other flights but I went ahead and went out above the trees in the back of my yard but still had no limbs or obstructions between me and it then it suddenly started moving down and forward toward the trees all on its own watching the video it eventually took my commands and rose up to stay out of the trees then just hovered till I brought it back to me in my neghbors back yard.  So I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues after installing a h3-3d that didn't exist previously.  As I said I'm new to phantom and love it so I just want to try and be sure it's not gone in 60 seconds.  Previously I've had a fat shark fps kit with their camera attached without any issues but needed to upgrade for good footage now I'm nervous to take it back up but really don't want to downgrade back to the fpv camera again.  I do know I'm at least going to get quite a bit more practice in the no gps flight mode now for any future issues I have just in case I've not really gotten into that much since I figured I should practice with it in the easiest mode first then try things manually after I felt confident with the quad. Thanks ahead for any tips please any info
2015-4-18
Use props
adimuzio513
New

United States

Just to be on the same page I wouldn't think the gimbal would cause this to happen myself but am thinking what are the odds of maybe the extra load on the battery or some kinda interference from it affecting the p2 electronics since I have no other reasonable explanation and want to be sure that if there is any human error on my end it doesn't get repeated
2015-4-18
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Just check and make sure the GoPro Wifi is turned off.  It can interfere with the flight control signals.
2015-4-18
Use props
adimuzio513
New

United States

oakspi Posted at 2015-4-19 00:38
Just check and make sure the GoPro Wifi is turned off.  It can interfere with the flight control sig ...

Yea thanks for the try I made sure of that as that's the problem I see most talked about with fly always but actually it may have been a dumbish move by me my laptop and ps4 are next to eachother so the only level place in range of the cable was on top of the ps4 I was only calibrating the gimbal and adjusting it and while I haven't yet tested in flight when I redid the transmitter Calibration and checked it all over on the pc today it said needs calibration and had a red error so I'm hoping it was just a dumb move putting it on top ps4 that messed up the gps or compass and it will be fine now that everything seems to be normal again.  So one more user error related reason possibly for the mystery of the fly away phantom everybody please be very careful where you lay them down calibrate them or even walk near with your quads, after figuring this out I have to believe little things like this are likley the ghost in the machine that cause most of the fly aways that aren't thought of as user error by the pilots since they seemingly did nothing wrong or different same as I had thought. As hi tech as all these components are guess we're (or at least I'm) just not used to all the factors that can easily throw them for a loop and ruin your day.  I'll post back after I test fly a while and let folks know if that still seems to be my best answer as to how it got away from me for a bit.  I just thank the quad gods that my error wasn't the end of my p2 this time I got lucky.  I know it should be obvious but with so many new to the hobby maybe dji talking about this kinda thing a bit more could help to answer a lot of these why did my phantom fly away rants all over, not blaming at all it was me being dumb for a minute but couldn't hurt to shut down at least some of the dji haters who most likely caused their own fly away somehow or another just like I'm thinking I did.  Just to be clear I'm sure there have been errors by soft or hardware for some but I'd guess most are due to little things like this that some would never even realize they shouldn't do if they don't know a whole lot about electronics in general.
2015-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules