Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom Training Idea
2089 5 2014-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shanerichey22
lvl.1

United States

Wish DJI had the info contained in the “Phantom Pilot Training Guide” in an interactive software program (like a video game) downloadable on their site. It would be handy to hook up the controller to my pc and practice maneuvers before moving on to the real thing. Probably not necessary for most people but I know it would be cool for newbies like me.
2014-10-24
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

Interesting and creative idea!!  Not sure what it would take to make something like that but definitely interesting......
2014-10-24
Use props
shanerichey22
lvl.1

United States

Update:
I’m told there is a trainer port on the upcoming controller. Hopefully DJI can write the flight sim for the current controller as well. I’m no software engineer but it seems DJI has half of the app already written in the RC System Assistant program.

I also like the idea of having an app for EPSON Moverio BT-200 smart glasses. Imagine Onsite training before a flight. Maybe even make the sim in 3d.
2014-10-24
Use props
shanerichey22
lvl.1

United States

WOW…I found a flight simulator for the Phantom. Here is the link to the free demo download:
http://www.rc-aerobatics.eu/index_e.html

It looks like exactly what I wanted. I just hope it will work with the DJI controller.
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

new controllers have a trainer port
2014-10-26
Use props
Eraser339
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25502 ft
Australia

Two suggestions for the DJI phone app.
1. It would be great advantage to many pilots to include a flight logger like the one from "http://rpastraining.com.au". To get a Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems license you need to log your flights.
2. It would also be good to get a log of flight messages on your phone such as lost signal, height and distance and even signal strength(looking for interference). This would be handy in post flight reviews.
2014-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules