Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lightbridge feedback and issues..
12Next >
10424 48 2014-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

hi guys,
so far so good, finally i made it to.. lightbridge is working.
first of all, as i bought the system for 1400 usd  and now after only 4 month i got it the price dropped, is very disappointing, specially i had to change nearly all around LB...:@
i am using my P2 with Zenmuse h3, futaba T8 and gopro hero 3 + black edition.
as monitor i used my mini ipad, but since OS8 update, no way to make it work.
before i used BT groundstation and i must say it worked very well, small issues like no map upgrade or possibility to program the heading  of P2 (for surrounding footage..) excluded.
now to make work LB i upgraded 11 !! times, changed ALL cables, hdmi to gopro included, changed the Anti interference board and bought the Zeiss Cinemizer, like from Dji suggested. Setting on Gopro in 1080/30fps and finally, yes, it worked. well, happy flying over the beach, no houses no obstacles nothing, after 700 meter, the image started to decomposite in clustered pixels and the remote... dead.. after a few seconds came up in the display GOHOME and after 5 minutes my P2 was back. is there anybody out there who can explain me what the hell is going on? in you tube are plenty of videos with 2 km flights and i even cant make 1 km?? i bought two 2.4 ghz patch antennas for the groundstation, now it flies untill 1199 mt, after that stop.. a friend of mine friday got his walkera scout x and with now extra things he flies until 1.5 km without loosing one time connection..
should we loose our faith in Dji and change of is there a solution out there. i am sitting in wheelchair, so for me FPV means having legs.. and wings.. thx
2014-10-26
Use props
airymok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
China

guy, what transmission mode do u choose? Full-HD, Smooth or Realtime? As I know, Full-HD mode can only fly 700m or so, while Smooth and Realtime Mode can fly 1600m+.

And you can also check ur attenna signal quality by using Signal Diagnostic feature in the APP. Pls refer to the LB User Manual. Hope this help, enjoy ur flight.
2014-10-27
Use props
DJI-youzq
lvl.1
China

Hi Chris, what transmission mode do you use? have you turned off the RF of Futaba?
2014-10-31
Use props
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

turned off and realtime mood..
2014-11-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you have your antennas mounted on the Phantom?  How is your ground unit situated relative to your Tx and monitor.  If you are now using the iPad mini, the iOS now works, have you turned off wifi and BT?  Put it in airplane mode for starters.  You don't want any interference.  I frequently fly out 1k with no issues.  I am not into long range FPV.
2014-11-2
Use props
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

so, sorry delay answer.. antennas back leg, full hanging down 10 cm one from the other no metal contact.
mini ipad still not work, but doesnt matter.. as ground station im using 2 2,4 ghz patch antennas, gain = ca 5 %..
yesterday crashed coz battery totally empty but osd still 31 %.. shelf gone but already reordered, hero 3+ black too..
happy... NO:@
2014-11-5
Use props
cates.mj
lvl.1
United States

i would download the app again.  I had to do that to fix the issue.  Unfortunately DJI has a serious issue with keeping their info up to date (NOT TO SAY THEIR SUPPORT IS ANY BETTER. )  I use iphone 6 plus 8.1 ios and it wouldn't load anymore so I downloaded the app again.  If you look in the app and version under the about section, you will see it's 1.011.  I believe that is the latest version.  But on their site it says 1.0.8.

My works great when it does work LOL!  right now I cannot get the app to switch the air portion to the HD-gimbal so I have no signal and you have to do it every time you power up, which is ridiculous (it should save the setting in the air portion)  but it will not switch now since I update to the latest version always fails.  AND yes I have a solid green connection on the lb air portion.  SO i have a completely unsueable s900 gh4 lb unit.  I am considering turning it into a lobster trap!

2014-11-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

If you are using the GH4 HD gimbal connected to the LB Air unit via the G7 port you should not have a green led but a red led for the gimbal.  The signal goes through the Can Bus so no green led.  What is going on with your HD/AV board.  We have seen some that do not work right with the new firmware.  You may have to request a replacement board.
2014-11-19
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

What version of ipad mini? IMHO if you have anything lower than an a7, you will not get desired results.
2014-11-20
Use props
tats
New

Thailand

after update new lightbridge firmware,
my s900 fly as it want cant control, and end up with the roof,
my fixing cost is 700USD at first i think it's my mistake, i didnt think it's from lightbridge  
then my friend upgrade new firmware to his s900 then he got the same but he's much better pilot than me , so he can took his s900 back to the ground ..
we try to reconfig to
- pure lightbridge video+control
or
- lightbridge only video, control by futaba

same problem .. very bad dont update new lightbridge firmware

now we fly with futaba and 5.8 SD video sender back to the basic, it's much smooth and relax for us,
2014-11-21
Use props
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

tats@uvis.co.th Posted at 2014-11-22 15:29
after update new lightbridge firmware,
my s900 fly as it want cant control, and end up with the roo ...

hmmm sounds bad..
2014-11-22
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry but the lightbridge wouldn't cause the craft to crash unless it was configured incorrectly.  Remember you have to remap and configure lightbridge ground end after each firmware upgrade..

Another thing, you can't configure lb to work with futaba outputting 2.4 as control signal. Bad things can happen, this is why you are supposed to disable rf on the radio.

I run the current lightbridge firmware on my s900, s1000 and p2, they all work just fine.
2014-11-22
Use props
jbneyrac
lvl.1

France

Hi I have a strange issue.

I finally gave up using the graupner with the dji environment.  Too risky.  However my setting is brandnew S900 with A2and GH4 zenmuse.

I have green light with the zenmuse, red light in the video led at the air system, good video at ground system , allmy settings for the A2, but as i Installed the new firmware I have now a bad compass.

Well, I have a very strange behavior with the A2.  the mode goes from faisafe to GPS and back to failsafe when I change the mode...

while the RC is lost then ok and lost again.  There is no way I can set uo the compass.

I changed the configuration bypassing the lightbridge linking directly the futaba 14SG and its the same behavior.

Any idea of what is going on?

Thanks
2014-11-23
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like endpoints need to be configured. With everything connected open up the A2 assistant and make sure your U channel slider is turning each flight mode blue.
2014-11-24
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi,

i have a latenz problem with IOS 8.1.1 on my Ipad Air 2. On the old Ipad3 with IOS 7 was working.

when i'm in the video dual mode on my S900, A2, GH4 and FPV Camera & LB is freezing every 40-50sec.
back to single mode no Problems
on my S800EVO, A2, H3-3D, Gopro 3BE and FPV Camera & LB the same

i really like the LB system with 2/3 ground stations for the Pilot, camera operator and customer , only the wire between Pilot and operator is disgusting
2014-11-24
Use props
jbneyrac
lvl.1

France

ducpeter Posted at 2014-11-25 06:23
Hi,

i have a latenz problem with IOS 8.1.1 on my Ipad Air 2. On the old Ipad3 with IOS 7 was worki ...

Hi blade_strike

We found that we high jacked the channel 7 for another use than it is supposed to be. We had to do the configuration again. Now it runs fine.

Thanks fir your help.
2014-11-27
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Perfect , no problem
2014-11-28
Use props
junglerto
lvl.1

Finland

ducpeter Posted at 2014-11-25 06:23
Hi,

i have a latenz problem with IOS 8.1.1 on my Ipad Air 2. On the old Ipad3 with IOS 7 was worki ...

Have you been able to fix this problem? We have the same issue with dual system. Single mode works better but dual does fail.

Additionally in cold weather the system will fail totally (the HD image will die but AV FPV comes trough fine).
2014-12-1
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

i had the problem yesterday morning again and it failed also on the Zeiss and the IPAD3, Temperatur was 0°C. wondering my FPV HD cam on my TAB3 on the Radio was working in dual source.
In the afternoon i canged the location, about 3°C it was working witout any Problems so no idea what's happend

we will check tomorrow again
2014-12-1
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Are you sure the Ipad isn't getting too cold?
2014-12-1
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

i'm sure
we are working with 3 ground stations the master on the radio connected with USB, the second for the cameraman HDMI to Zeiss and the third IPAD3 -> USB in the heated car
2014-12-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

It may be an issue with the HD/AV board.  DJI has recommend that you return for repair/replacement.
2014-12-4
Use props
tyrian869.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 533409 ft
United States

Why does Light bridge show ground 50m above ground height, when the aircraft is siting in the ground, Naza v2?

but when using IOSD It's correct this is what I'm confused about!
2015-2-12
Use props
oscar.digitalci
Flight distance : 5601814 ft
Mexico

Hi all, I already have an s900 with the gh4 gimbal and camera, and the lightbridge doesnt work , I dont have clear image , we already update the lb and change the transmition mode from real time to smoth and all and doestn work what can I do ? we have a trip to Costa Rica in 10 days and the lb dont works
2015-2-13
Use props
tyrian869.gmail
lvl.1
United States

oscar.digitalci

does your light bridge unit make a funny tone when powered on?
2015-2-13
Use props
tyrian869.gmail
lvl.1
United States

DO DO DO DO DO DU DU! lol  
2015-2-13
Use props
oscar.digitalci
Flight distance : 5601814 ft
Mexico

tyrian869.gmail Posted at 2015-2-14 01:48
oscar.digitalci

does your light bridge unit make a funny tone when powered on?

Yes ,  every time and turn on the green lights
2015-2-13
Use props
tyrian869.gmail
lvl.1
United States

Easy FIX, use an android device for the display, that fixed mine when this happened, I used jelly bean 4.2.2
switching over to android seemed to clear things up, try switching the video transmission mode, this seemed to be the issue with IOS in the first place. "the cause"  cleared things up even when going back to IOS, basically it's locked up for some wired reason or another.
2015-2-16
Use props
tyrian869.gmail
lvl.1
United States

even just waiting after it powers on, can help it's tricky, Should be BEEP BEEP once powered on.

I do know it can be fixed.
2015-2-16
Use props
tyrian869.gmail
lvl.1
United States

If the above post helped anyone with the DO DO DO DO DO DU DU! lol Please let me know thanks.
2015-2-27
Use props
panos.argyropou
New

Greece

hi ! i need your help ! my setup is : naza m v2, lightbridge 1 and graupner mc20 and my problem is that i lose transmittion signal after 50 meters when lightbridge is on !  this should be because both lightbridge and graupner works at 2,4ghz and interface each other. i know that i have to pass graupner transmission through lightbridge ppm but i don't know how to do it. can anybody help ? thank you !
2015-12-7
Use props
kasparucis
New

Latvia

Hello, I have a problem with lightbridge. I burned one air unit because connected wrong to power supply, then bought another one set, which works great. I try to connect ground station from old set to this set in slave mode. It start to show picture and stop that after 5 second. And now I cant connect with this ground station any more to any air unit. If connect it to computer lightbridge app it shows "ground system main controller" version, bot dont show ground system decoder version. What happened with it, and how can I get it alive in working condition. New GROUND unit shows all controllers wersions and can be upgraded with this app, but old one not.
2015-12-29
Use props
RDTeam54
R&D Team

Hong Kong

kasparucis@inbo Posted at 2015-12-30 02:48
Hello, I have a problem with lightbridge. I burned one air unit because connected wrong to power sup ...

please send your device back for repair.
2015-12-30
Use props
marvin.cooper
New

Hello,

I have DJI S900. I have frustrating with the poor video view from Android tablet. I have make the video and let you watch our video to see what wrong with it. I believe the lightbridge is bad?

Hope it can help to figure it out.

Marvin
Drone Pilot
2016-4-21
Use props
rongway
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 84347 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-21
Use props
victorpinto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125371 ft
Switzerland

lenovo's processor is not able to process
2016-6-10
Use props
emanuelevacca

Italy

Dear all,
I found a BUG in the lightbridge and I think DJI should find a solution for us, because it played with us for too long.
I have a lot of Lightbridge and they dead one after each other as soon as their battery get discharged after long period where i didn't used them (If you stored it without charging it, you can have the problem also after one month).
As soon as the ground unit battery get fully discharged, the firmware of the device stops to work correctly. You can recharge the battery but, connecting it to the assistant, you will see just one of the 3 firmware component versions, and connecting the device to the smartphone, you will not be able to get connected and receive images.
The problem is described in detail on internet, in a lot of forums. You can read in example the following thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-firmware.76946/
and http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... irmware-hack.77073/
and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053
etc.etc.

I wrote that DJI is playing with us, because i returned 2 times my devices to DJI in order to solve this problem, but each time, if  the batteries get discharged, they get broken again.
We need a solution or a workaround because we work with these devices and it is not possible that I need to send to DJI the device each time that i need to work. Moreover I'm quite sure that after the guarantee period, DJI will not longer repair the unit for free. And moreover each time I have to pay the shipment to China and wait for the repair. This is not acceptable.
At least we should pretend a detailed problem description.
I discovered a lot of things about this device, by reading the second link i posted.

Regards
Emanuele
2016-8-9
Use props
buildum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29249 ft
United States

emanuelevacca@l Posted at 2016-8-9 02:27
Dear all,
I found a BUG in the lightbridge and I think DJI should find a solution for us, because it ...

On another note:

I have 4 units like this and it happened right after I did the latest firmware update.  Nothing in the update notes that would warn you about the following:

I have been told by NIKE J. Support supervisor that the update causes the boards to fail because of a mandated FAA update.  Not sure if I believe this but this is what I have been told.

Also to have it fixed it will cost 609.00 for the air and ground units.  

I believe they should advise the customer in the firmware notes of this potential problem so that we can make a choice whether to do the updates.

2016-10-11
Use props
emerson s900
New

Brazil

Hi friends, I can not see the image I get from the drone the transmission is failing and a message appears in red lost signal control.
Does anyone know what problem this is?
2017-4-6
Use props
emerson s900
New

Brazil

Hi friends, I can not see the image I get from the drone the transmission is failing and a message appears in red lost signal control.
Does anyone know what problem this is?
2017-4-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules