Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Assistant - test pan speed not working
2974 6 2014-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
piernicola.aren
New

Italy

Hi there,

I just bought and tested my first ronin and I must say I'm pretty happy with it.

I just have some issues with the assistant:

First of all, I find unbelievable that it only works as an ios app or a windows software...I know that an Android version is on the way, but for Mac users like me it's kind of a let down...
Plus, it only works on iphone 4s and above...and I happen to have an iphone 4...

Anyway, the gimbal seems very good and stable and I hope that DJi would provide Mac software in the future.

For the time being, I've tried the assistant on an iphone 5 and everything works ok, except the "test pan speed" for the smoothtrack section. When i press it, nothing happens.
But the "test tilt speed" button works just fine.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
P
2014-10-27
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.3

China

For the time being, I've tried the assistant on an iphone 5 and everything works ok, except the "test pan speed" for the smoothtrack section. When i press it, nothing happens.
But the "test tilt speed" button works just fine.

This is unique and should be a BUG.
Can this situation reappear? Or it is just a setting mistake?
2014-10-28
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
China

Try setting your Pan endpoints to 90 and 90 and see if it works.
2014-10-31
Use props
piernicola.aren
New

Italy

DJI-Paul Posted at 2014-10-31 18:59
Try setting your Pan endpoints to 90 and 90 and see if it works.

Hi, thanks for your replies.

@Julain: ye, the problem reappears every time.

@Paul: i'll try setting endpoints to 90 and 90 tonight.

Also, I made some tests last night and I was able to have a more clear vision of the issues:

this is the list (mostly smooth track related problems):

1. Smoothtrack speed doesn't change with dji's assistant's settings.
2. Smoothtrack TILT is very slow and often struggles to (or even can not) level itself back after a 90° move.
3. When in Smoothtrack, holding a 90° tilted down position for few seconds can cause the gimbal to click and shake a bit
4. The Assistant on my iphone is not able to show the "pan speed preview".
When i click it, nothing happens.
Tilt speed preview, although, works fine, but the actual speed of tilting in smoothtrack is much slower than the one showed by the speed preview.

I also made a video on youtube.
Here is the link:

Have you got any suggestions?
BTW, I'm using the Assistant on an Iphone5 with ios8

Thank you
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
China

Is your transmitter on during these tests? Try to do these tests without your transmitter on.
2014-11-5
Use props
piernicola.aren
New

Italy

DJI-Paul Posted at 2014-11-5 19:05
Is your transmitter on during these tests? Try to do these tests without your transmitter on.

tried it both with the transmitter on and off.
Nothing changes… :-/
2014-11-5
Use props
piernicola.aren
New

Italy

piernicola.aren Posted at 2014-11-5 19:11
tried it both with the transmitter on and off.
Nothing changes… :-/

Ok.
I've done some tests in the weekend.

I set the pan endpoints to 90 and 90 as Paul suggested and now i have the pan speed preview. :-)
I also rebalanced and reset everything one more time and looks like the ronin is doing a good job.

still…looks like the "speed" and "acceleration" options of the smoothtrack don't produce any effects (or if they are, they're not clearly visible to me).
The "deadband" option works as expected.

I'm struggling to find on the web any reference video showing how fast smoothtrack is when set to 100, to 50 and to 10, just to see if mine behaves correctly.
Do you guys have any link to suggest?
Or someone could make a short clip of his own Ronin (I think it could be very useful reference for many owners)?

Thanks for your help!
Also, I've noticed that if I move the gimbal quickly left and right few times, It kills the motors for few seconds.
I don't know if it's some kind of protection or a bug (but I'd guess is the former).
2014-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules