Has anyone tried a Galaxy Tab 4 7inch tablet with DJI Pilot
6586 23 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
purchases
lvl.1

United States

Longest subject line ever, but I like to get to the point.
2015-4-30
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

I don't know but that is what I have Samsung Tab4 & inch.  I will be getting my Phantom 3 in mid June I expect. If that doesn't work I will buy a Asus NEXUS 7 . Thing I don't like about the tab 4 is that it doesn't have GPS or compass sensor, just WIFI but it works ok with my Phantom 2 vision plus.
2015-4-30
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

TomWolves Posted at 2015-5-1 06:48
I don't know but that is what I have Samsung Tab4 & inch.  I will be getting my Phantom 3 in mid Jun ...

Really?  I find that hard to believe. I have a tab 3 and it has GPS and all that jazz. It's an 8 inch
2015-4-30
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I think the folks at Drones Made Easy in San Diego are using it with the Inspire 1 and the Pilot app.  I'm not 100% sure but I believe the Galaxy tab 4 7" will work with the pilot app and either the inspire or the P3.  It would be nice if someone could say for sure from firsthand experience.
2015-4-30
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Michael M Posted at 2015-5-1 13:32
Really?  I find that hard to believe. I have a tab 3 and it has GPS and all that jazz. It's an 8 i ...

Michael, when using the compass it does not work. When I downloaded a satellite app it said " Compass sensor will not work, no sensor". when I fly my P2V+ the radar shows the Phantom pointing the wrong way.It is not so hard to believe. Many tablets are this way.
2015-5-1
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

When i open up the pilot app on my tab the map points north when i rotate and the pilot app connects my gps and pinpoints my gps location. Perhaps you have a faulty device? Or perhaps the app is wrong. Try a different one? Im gon g to try a compass app to see what the result is.
2015-5-1
Use props
purchases
lvl.1

United States

Just validated my Tab 4.  Picture attached from the sky.  Works very well!

2015-5-1
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

Just bought a 148$ best buy opened box tab 4. With the 1.1.0 app installed, it crashes the tab 4 once I connect to the drone.. It seems as though it's good because I see a brief video feed but then boom it sends the tablet into what is known as the "boot loop". Very frustrating as I only bought this tablet because i couldn't wait for iOS. Anyone know how to fix this problem on an android tablet?
2015-5-3
Use props
purchases
lvl.1

United States

What version of Android does it have?  I am not having that issue with mine.  I bought mine for $149 from Walmart new in box from the store.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsun ... Tablet-8GB/35822395

That's for the 7" model.  I have flown about 10 times now with that model and had no issues.
2015-5-4
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

purchases@fullf Posted at 2015-5-5 03:10
What version of Android does it have?  I am not having that issue with mine.  I bought mine for $149 ...

this must be the problem. I think the newest is kit kat 4.4.4 or something like that. I'm away from my tablet for the day but i seem to remember mine was something lower like 4.1.1 yet i double checked in settings for any new system updates. is there a way to update?
2015-5-4
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

also, i heard the tab 4 has gps enabling or something like that within it? does this mean we will have maps and be able to use that feature on the pilot app without wifi? or what advantages would the tab 4 have over my ipad mini 2 which doesn't have any sort of built in gps.
2015-5-4
Use props
purchases
lvl.1

United States

I bought the tab 4 so I could fly my Phantom.  I knew nothing about it other than it had good reviews and it was available at a store near me.  It's running 4.4.2 and I assume yours would be too.  You can try to manually update by going to the system settings under about.  My assumption is that it is already updated via over the air updates.

The tablet has GPS, but I am not sure about your other statement.  WiFi is used to download the maps as you are flying.  I assume there is no way around that without having wifi around, but the flight path is still visible on a blank map.  I haven't had any issues piloting with just this available to me.

I don't think you'll have any major advantages with the current release.  The next release however will have some items that appear to need GPS like dynamic home and follow me as noted here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

Matt
2015-5-4
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

purchases@fullf Posted at 2015-5-5 03:32
I bought the tab 4 so I could fly my Phantom.  I knew nothing about it other than it had good review ...

Thanks for that info. When I get home I'll see if i am for sure not running 4.4 and if I'm not I'll try to get to 4.4. If I can't I will either buy a new tab 4 from walmart like you said or I guess I'll be waiting for ios.
2015-5-4
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

I bought the tab 4 so I could fly my Phantom.  I knew nothing about it other than it had good review ...

Purchases, I just found out that mine is also running 4.4.2... so you were right. yet why would this be happening to me? debugging is checked, I literally do not have another app not included with the tablet that is weighing it down or anything like that. I just installed the firmware and this whole time I have been running the updated version of dji pilot. it seems to work fine with the drone for about 5 to 10 seconds then the whole thing crashes hard.
2015-5-4
Use props
purchases
lvl.1

United States

Jim,

Do you have the pro or advanced.  I haven't updated my firmware on the quad.  I hope that doesn't kill mine.  =/

Matt
2015-5-5
Use props
purchases
lvl.1

United States

Jim,

Just upgraded mine today and I am not having any issues?  Assume the Tab is bad?  Looks like the iOS version is live so you are probably set. =)

Matt
2015-5-6
Use props
rcjetlynch72
lvl.1

United States

I have a Tab 4 as well. It was working perfectly until the last update of the Dji pilot app. I am on version 1.0.10 and my tab is on 4.4.2. My screen will come on and show the app, but no video. I have been fighting with this for a few weeks now. I figured it would be corrected in a new app revision.

Not sure what else to try at this point.

Thanks Rob
2015-5-11
Use props
suprduprmn
lvl.1

United States

rcjetlynch72@gm Posted at 2015-5-11 21:33
I have a Tab 4 as well. It was working perfectly until the last update of the Dji pilot app. I am on ...

Rob,

When you connect to your tab, does a toast message come down and say "Connected as camera"?  That is what mine says and I know I had two options when I connected it and choose that one.  I am still not having any issues with mine on latest app update and firmware updates.

Matt
2015-5-13
Use props
GeorgianBayFlye
lvl.1

Canada

My samsung galaxy tab 4 7 inch would not work.  No video feed. But i was using pilot 1.0.10.  Dji said too bad, and sent me a list of compatible devices.  I borrowed a nexu 7 gen 2 and it worked great.  Then i found out the play store does not have the latest pilot 1.1.0
Some people get the sammy 4 to work.  Maybe its the app version.  Play store should have the latest version, don't know why it doesn't.
Seems the answer here is to try it and see.
2015-5-13
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

purchases@fullf Posted at 2015-5-7 04:33
Jim,

Just upgraded mine today and I am not having any issues?  Assume the Tab is bad?  Looks like t ...

yes my tab was bad, I went and returned it for a new one and the app worked perfectly. That night the ios app came out so i returned the Tab the next day haha. ios for the win
2015-5-13
Use props
rcjetlynch72
lvl.1

United States

suprduprmn Posted at 2015-5-13 23:28
Rob,

When you connect to your tab, does a toast message come down and say "Connected as camera"?  ...

Hi Matt,
Thanks for answering. I do have mine set in that mode. Here is what I did to solve the problem. I found an old version software 1.3 and installed that in my tablet. I powered it up and it works perfect. I then went back to 1.0.10 and as soon as I plug in no video then a lot of green pixles appear and that's it.

I don't really want to use old software, but right now its working.

Rob
2015-5-14
Use props
sveilien
lvl.2

United States

How is the live view? Does it lag at all?  I ask because right now I use my Note 4 with it and it is extremely responsive but when I use my Asus MemoPad 10" it is laggy on the live view.  I want to have a dedicated device for the P3P so I am considering a Tab 4.
2015-5-19
Use props
suprduprmn
lvl.1

United States

sveilien Posted at 2015-5-20 06:42
How is the live view? Does it lag at all?  I ask because right now I use my Note 4 with it and it  ...

For me it is less than a quarter second lag at any distance.  Very impressed.
2015-5-19
Use props
sveilien
lvl.2

United States

suprduprmn Posted at 2015-5-20 11:45
For me it is less than a quarter second lag at any distance.  Very impressed.

Sweet! I picked one up today.
2015-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules