new quad copter
1868 4 2014-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lennywyatt
lvl.1

United States

I'm jumping in with both feet here.
I've built a 450 size quad frame from aluminum. I mounted (proudly) a Naza m lite w/ gps.
I purchased 4 Gartt 2212 920KV motors and ESC's as a package. APC 10x4.5 props and a Fly Sky FS-T6 tx/rx from Gartt. Hyperion 3300mah S-3.
All seems okay except when i apply power the motors don't want to coordinate. Two will spin while others require more power to start. As i continue to apply power and the third and then fourth motor starts the craft wants to lift and frankly wants to flip. I pull power before this happens. Occasionally, one motor will continue running even though the throttle is at 0.
I believe all basic variables are properly set in the ESC's, TX etc. Also have done my due diligence with regards to the Naza MC. Obviously I've missed something. Attitude gains? Failsafe? Wha? Or. The Naza documentation warns of incompatible power. Are these Gartt motors and ESC's not so good?

2014-10-29
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in, but you need to calibrate the ESC's before using them. DJI esc's are done at the factory so they are plug and play. Do a search on youtube for ESC calibration.
2014-10-29
Use props
sergneri
lvl.1

United States

+1 - sounds like ESC cal is needed. You should give us the name of the ESC, what FW they use, and how you wired them up to the NAZA.
2014-10-30
Use props
lennywyatt
lvl.1

United States

sergneri Posted at 2014-10-31 08:24
+1 - sounds like ESC cal is needed. You should give us the name of the ESC, what FW they use, and ho ...

ESC's are Hobbywing Skywalker 40A. They came with The Gartt 2212 - 920KV motors.
Connection to MC is 3pin plugs, blk -, red+, wht sig. motor 1 thru 4.
Thanks! I think its the ESC's too.
2014-10-31
Use props
poppasmurf
New

United States

I have the same problem and I am using DJI esc's and motors.
2014-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules