Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Update Battery Firmware
12Next >
26202 64 2014-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Imackenzie03
lvl.1

Australia

Apparently after the new battery firmware update the batteries will automatically discharge. When does this occur and under what circumstances?
2014-10-29
Use props
roelperalta
lvl.1

United States

Do you know if this battery update applies to vision 2+ as well? I did all the other updates and I do not see the battery update anywhere?
2014-10-29
Use props
Imackenzie03
lvl.1

Australia

roelperalta@yah Posted at 2014-10-30 11:39
Do you know if this battery update applies to vision 2+ as well? I did all the other updates and I d ...

Yes it was for the vision 2 plus and should appear in the updates section of your computer app.
2014-10-29
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

New auto-discharging feature to address the issue of fully charged battery swelled when it was stored for an extended period.
Only our newest version batteries have this functions.
So first pls make sure you bought our newest version batteries.
If you are fully charged the batteries and do not use it in 10days or above , it will work to discharge for protecting the batteries.

2014-10-29
Use props
aerialpicturean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1322064 ft
South Africa

Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question.
Where do you update the " Electronic speed controller" ?
2014-10-29
Use props
Imackenzie03
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Una Posted at 2014-10-30 14:02
New auto-discharging feature to address the issue of fully charged battery swelled when it was store ...

How do I make sure I've got the newest version batteries. I received delivery of the Phantom 2 Vision + in early October this year.
2014-10-29
Use props
Imackenzie03
lvl.1

Australia

New auto-discharging feature to address the issue of fully charged battery swelled when it was store ...

What is the speed controller.
2014-10-29
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

aerialpicturean Posted at 2014-10-30 14:25
Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question.
Where do you update the " Electronic speed controller" ?

If  your flight is OK ,no need any updates. And this update is a inner produre and  can not be done by yourself .
2014-10-30
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

Imackenzie03@gm Posted at 2014-10-30 15:51
How do I make sure I've got the newest version batteries. I received delivery of the Phantom 2 Vis ...

Yours should be elder batteries.
   The new batteries is published  from the end of October . And now it is not public offering  yet.
   If you are interested in it ,  pls pay attention on our website.Thanks.
2014-10-30
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

Imackenzie03@gm Posted at 2014-10-30 15:52
What is the speed controller.

Sorry ,pls forget this. I have made a mistake.This part  is nothing  to do with the batteries.
2014-10-30
Use props
adam
lvl.1

Taiwan

Why don't I see battery firmware updates like others? I have the newer batteries with square connectors not round connectors.
2014-10-30_1916.png
2014-10-30
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

So just to be clear, the new auto discharge battery feature will only work with the brand new yet to be released batteries ?

Good to know as my 3 batteries normally sit in my case fully charged ready to go for up to 3 weeks at a time, I would be gutted to grab my case and drive out to find a good spot to fly, only to discover that the batteries had auto discharged because it had been more than 2 days since they were charged.

2014-10-30
Use props
nikolaospapista
lvl.2

Greece

Hello.I'm newbie and i have one question.....I have one phantom 2 with h3-3d with 2 new batteries bought before 2 days and have older firmware.I see everybody said to update with new firmware also and the batteries.How can i make this?I update with first bat the firmware and when its ok i put the second and i procced again with the update firmware? (Sorry but its all new for me).
2014-10-30
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yes you need to update each battery 1 at a time.
It will only update the main phantom firmware once, just power down and change batteries to update the next battery.
2014-10-30
Use props
aerialpicturean
lvl.1
South Africa

Why don't I see battery firmware updates like others? I have the newer batteries with square connectors not round connectors.

You have to go back to old firmware V3.04 and update batteries there.
After the update, go back to new Firmware V3.08 and you will see they are up to date.
2014-10-30
Use props
adam
lvl.1

Taiwan

How do you go back to V3.04 of the firmware once you have upgraded?
2014-10-30
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

By running the 3.4 assistant, don't worry it will not automatically downgrade the firmware.
But I understand that the new 3.6 assistant now works if you downloaded it after the first day of release. You can always delete 3.6 from your computer and download it again today.
2014-10-30
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

So do we need to buy new ESC boards or is it possible to upgrade them somehow to use the new batteries?

2014-10-30
Use props
nikolaospapista
lvl.2

Greece

aerialpicturean Posted at 2014-10-30 20:00
You have to go back to old firmware V3.04 and update batteries there.
After the update, go back t ...

I run 3.04 assist and i do batt update but he said that dont have any update .Bat update 2.0.0
2014-10-30
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some of the members here seem to know more than the answers that are given out by DJI on here.
2014-10-30
Use props
DiscoDave
lvl.1

Canada

My batteries are from July, but it did give me an 'upgrade' option in the Phantom Assist Software when I tried it last night. But, when I clicked 'OK' to upgrade, it warned me that I had to disconnect power to the camera before completing the upgrade. ?!?!. Since I had no idea how to do that with my Vision+, I cancelled the upgrade.

How does one disconnect power to the camera? And why? Was this message in error?

thanks for any help. Dave
2014-10-30
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

robbin.bergqvis Posted at 2014-10-30 20:53
So do we need to buy new ESC boards or is it possible to upgrade them somehow to use the new batteri ...

No ,You need do nothing about the ESC boards.It is nothing about the batteris.
2014-10-30
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

robbin.bergqvis Posted at 2014-10-30 20:53
So do we need to buy new ESC boards or is it possible to upgrade them somehow to use the new batteri ...

No ,You need do nothing about the ESC boards.It is nothing about the batteris.
2014-10-30
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Disco, you can ignore that message, because the Plus doesn't have an on/off button. Just make sure you haven't got the camera running in the app.
2014-10-30
Use props
shacks86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1361844 ft
United Kingdom

Ill rephrase some of the above.  

Only the newest version of batterie have the extra functions.
If the batteries are fully charged and you do not use them for 2days or more they will discharge internally to protect them. ,

If you dont have the new batteries then there really is not point at this time in upgrading them as you wont get the extra features and may risk bricking them. (they wont work)

The new battery also effects the speed controller which is also why you need the new firmware to prevent damage.
Lets hope those small fixes to do with the tilt leaver and battery come before the new year. 
2014-10-30
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

insitb@singnet. Posted at 2014-10-31 11:36
Disco, you can ignore that message, because the Plus doesn't have an on/off button.

I found this to be true also.  I will add....

The Phantom Vision original version does have a switch to turn the camera off but not the Phantom Vision+
2014-10-30
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Shacks, when you say "newest version of batteries", what's the date that determines whether your batts are new?
2014-10-30
Use props
aerialpicturean
lvl.1
South Africa

As far as I know the older one's have round contacts and the newer one's square.
2014-10-31
Use props
jesolins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2169 ft
United States

aerialpicturean Posted at 2014-10-31 17:00
As far as I know the older one's have round contacts and the newer one's square.

DJI,
  I have already successfully upgraded a dozen batteries to the v2.6 firmware.  If there is in fact an ESC compatibility issue with batteries loaded with the new v2.6 firmware, whether of not they are your latest batteries, I would like to be able to downgrade the battery firmware to the 2.0 version.  The 2-day auto discharge seems extremely early too.  How was that determined?  Most lipo manufacturer's recommend a storage discharge only if the lipos are not going to be used for several weeks.  
Cheers,
Jim
2014-10-31
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

jesolins@yahoo. Posted at 2014-10-31 20:31
DJI,
  I have already successfully upgraded a dozen batteries to the v2.6 firmware.  If there is i ...

Apparently, it's 10 days, not 2.  That is a little better, but I still don't like it.

-------------------------

PHANTOM 2 Product Release Notes
PHANTOM 2 Assistant Version :3.6
DJI Smart Flight Battery: 2.6
Date :October 31, 2014
What’s new?
Major New Features
1. Battery cell warning added to the VISION app that alerts users if battery issues are detected. Browse battery cell warning history in the VISION app.
2. New auto-discharging feature to address to address the swelling problem of fully charged battery when it is stored for an extended period. Battery auto discharge The auto-discharging function will start automatically if the battery does not operate in 10 days.
3. Battery cell damages detection feature added.
4. New battery cell balancing feature to extend battery life.
Special Notes
1. Update DJI Smart Flight Battery firmware to v2.6 through Phantom Assistant v3.6.
2. The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of
v1.6.0.0.
2014-10-31
Use props
jesolins
lvl.2
United States

Yep. A little better;)
Cheers,
Jim
2014-10-31
Use props
jesolins
lvl.2
United States

Hi
  With the notice on the Vision Assistant v3.6 it states the auto-discharge starts after 10 days which is a bit better.  Please explain why this battery firmware upgrade will damage older ESCs unless they are "internally" (Do you mean factory?) upgraded.
Cheers,
Jim
2014-10-31
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

How do we know that we have the "newest" batteries with integrated discharge circuit?
Can we see that via the Hardware ID? Serial Number? ....?
2014-10-31
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

jesolins@yahoo. Posted at 2014-10-31 21:42
Hi
  With the notice on the Vision Assistant v3.6 it states the auto-discharge starts after 10 day ...

Hi  Jim ,
I'm sorry to let you misunderstood,the battery change will not affect the ESC. I have confused with another questions. Here clarify for you .
Appreciate  for your understanding.

Una
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

jesolins@yahoo. Posted at 2014-10-31 20:31
DJI,
  I have already successfully upgraded a dozen batteries to the v2.6 firmware.  If there is i ...

Hi  Jim ,

Pls  take ease ,Now your version do not have the feature and  will  not affect the performance of product at all.  You do not need to downgrade the battery firmware.
BR,
Una
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

away-point Posted at 2014-10-31 21:16
Apparently, it's 10 days, not 2.  That is a little better, but I still don't like it.

Yes ,10days
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

adam@boushley.c Posted at 2014-10-30 19:18
Why don't I see battery firmware updates like others? I have the newer batteries with square connect ...

HI  Adam,

Pls make sure you are cover blow 2 notes.

1. Update DJI Smart Battery firmware to v2.6 through Phantom Assistant v3.6.
2. The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of v1.6.0.0.

BR ,

Una
2014-11-3
Use props
jesolins
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Una Posted at 2014-11-3 16:38
Hi  Jim ,
I'm sorry to let you misunderstood,the battery change will not affect the ESC. I have co ...

Thank you for clearing all that up Una.
Cheers,
Jim
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Bruce
lvl.2

China

The auto-discharging function will start automatically if the battery does not operate in 10 days. If you press the power button, the batter will re-clock for 10 days and then start auto-discharge. The auto-discharge will take 2 days to reach a safe level (50-60%). The battery top case may be a little warm during the auto-discharge process, but, it is within safe temperature rise. All in all, we want to help you improve the safety of the fully charged battery when it is stored for an extended period. You'll definitely like it.
2014-11-7
Use props
Tjlei
lvl.1

Taiwan

hi
my battery show up the error message after i update to V2.6.0.0.

error message

error message
2014-11-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules