iOS app / firmware update? Is Lightbridge "End-of-Life"?
6359 33 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that all the other DJI products have their iOS apps, will Lightbridge get an updated iOS app? Will it get the firmware update that was promised months ago?

The ongoing lack of support has led to people questioning if Lightbridge is "End of Life". DJI has told us to be patient and the updates are coming but that was some time ago. Can someone from DJI shed some light on this?
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

There will be IOS APP for Lightbridge in the near future
2015-5-7
Use props
ianwood
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And the firmware update to support OSD with 480p?
2015-5-7
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

ianwood Posted at 2015-5-8 02:51
And the firmware update to support OSD with 480p?

Please wait for the new firmware coming, THX~
2015-5-8
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I know that most efforts are put into supporting the Inspire and Phantom 3 but surely the iOS app for LB is long overdue? Can DJI give a date for the formal acceptance of the App in the store?
2015-5-9
Use props
ruben
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69222 ft
United Kingdom

I dont think there will be an official app for ios the simplest solution would integration into dji pilot app.....
2015-5-29
Use props
nectarios.proc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7789190 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can DJI Cathy give us some timeframe of an update as well, as I have lightbridge on a second machine which will not work due to conflicts, and I am preparing just to sell on the lightbridge at a loss, which will be a waste of money. I also have an inspire and i am sure others have invested a lot of money in DJI i think an answer would be the least we deserve. Thank you
2015-5-30
Use props
eric.wik
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

I mothballed my Phantom 2 + Lightbridge setup today after the latest upgrade of the ground unit decoder to 1.4.8 has caused the Lightbridge unit to stop transmitting.  This was the last straw for me on a poorly thought out product line and support (lack of Mac Support, an iOS app release and then taking the iOS app off, malfunctioning firmware, etc, etc).  While I appreciate these products are on the 'bleeding' edge , its becoming apparent that DJI are releasing products , software, and firmware that has not been adequately tested and is not ready for market. The inability to revert back to a previous release makes it even more frustrating. The lack of clear communication and support from DJI leaves customers spending endless hours on forums trying to figure out fixes from so called "experts" without any guidance or direction from the company's technical support.
2015-5-30
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

eric.wik@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-31 15:54
I mothballed my Phantom 2 + Lightbridge setup today after the latest upgrade of the ground unit deco ...

Hi, Eric,

Is your Gropo working with LB now? we test it, which is working fine
2015-6-17
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

what's about the IOS App, end of life of the lightbridge and not useful for commercial users.

since month always info's telling wait for it.

What is 'near future'  ->years?  :@

2015-6-17
Use props
Jscgaston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have asked Dji a few times through this forum for a more detailed response than "There will be IOS APP for Lightbridge in the near future" and have gotten no response. They must have orders from above not to say a word because they just pretend like the question didn't exist!
2015-6-20
Use props
ruben
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69222 ft
United Kingdom

Lightbridge seems to be an unsupported  product... shame on you dji
2015-7-13
Use props
achenard.enerfi
New

Canada

eric.wik@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-31 03:54
I mothballed my Phantom 2 + Lightbridge setup today after the latest upgrade of the ground unit deco ...

Hello Eric.

I have the same problem as you.

Very disapointed with DJI.

Let's just hope the release a new firmware soon...
2015-9-10
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-5-7 13:08

How you define "near future"? Day's, Week's, Month's oder Year?

Wehat about December if Google disable the map's plugin?
2015-9-24
Use props
Motion Compound
lvl.1

Germany

knarfboy Posted at 2015-9-24 17:44
How you define "near future"? Day's, Week's, Month's oder Year?

Wehat about December if Google di ...

It's very frustrating to wait and wait For the lightbridge iOS App. Wie have bought two peaces of this waste of Money. We are totaly disapointed about DJI's behavior...i would never ever recommand any transmission products of dji. Any Information out their about something is  Happening???
2015-10-1
Use props
BoostedPhantom
lvl.2

United States

DJI might follow through with their promise to have iOS support, but I imagine they will wait a few months in hopes that a majority of people will go ahead and upgrade to the new LB2.  This entire issue is disappointing and considered false advertising in my opinion.
2015-10-6
Use props
lklepner
New

United States

This is disappointing for me as well. I recently upgraded to iOS 9.0.2 and the beta version of the iOS application downloaded via QR code is no longer working properly. I would love to be surprised by an app update but right now I can't help but feel a bit burned since it seems Lightbridge 1 iOS is an abandoned product line.
2015-10-16
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

lklepner@gmail. Posted at 2015-10-17 05:21
This is disappointing for me as well. I recently upgraded to iOS 9.0.2 and the beta version of the i ...

About the LB1 IOS APP, we are working on it, please keep an eye on our DJI official website
2015-10-19
Use props
Motion Compound
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-10-19 12:04
About the LB1 IOS APP, we are working on it, please keep an eye on our DJI official website

Haha, its a joke, we are waiting For month now! No fun to work with, realy good products but it seems that there is one programmer For all your Software its realy anoying!
2015-10-25
Use props
rbh-andy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7489642 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Any News so far?
2015-10-25
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-10-19 19:04

Dear DJI Senior Management,

Credibility is important for business. The Inspire is very successful and you are selling 50,000+ P3's a month now. DJI has grown into a billion dollar business.

LB1 iOS App has been promised for over a year now and DJI-Cathy reprises her empty promise every few months.

I will not take the tack of insulting / flaming the company because 1) you are here to make money and 2) In Chinese culture, this has the reverse effect of getting anything done. However, it is important to deliver on your engineering promises and continue supporting legacy products for at least a few years - this is the expectation of most electronics manufacturers. The LB1 is only 18 months old.

Can I persuade you to devote a few members of your highly talented engineering team(s) to rewrite the iOS App so that works for IOS 9.x. The beta version is broken.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.
2015-11-2
Use props
randompost
New

Canada

To Mike-the-Cat:  Well said in your letter of 2Nov2015.  I have been waiting for any Lightbridge 1 upgrade of any kind since February 2015.  Now that my son (by mistake) upgraded my iPad to the latest iOS 9.0.2, I can no longer view any video (not even telemetry) anymore.  I did spend 20 hours trying to downgrade my iPad2 Air back to its previous iOS of 8.4.2 which was working very well with LB but Apple does not make the previous version of the iOS available.  Apple does not make any efforts to make possible a downgrade of the iOS.... they never have.
I have since gone over to the dark side and purchased a 3DR Solo.  So far, that machine has exceeded my expectation.  I am now faced with A: wait until the new LB software for iOS is released... whenever that is,  or B: Sell every DJI piece of kit I own (Phantom 2s, Tx, LB1, Props, 6 batteries..etc) and re-equip for the 3DR Solo.
I am not happy about having to make such expensive decision, but come 1st December, that's what I'll have to do.  I am a professional cameraman and I offer aerials as as an added specialty that my clients are happy to pay for.  My clients do not care whether I use a DJI product or drive a GM or a Ford... they just want a nice picture (video) at the end of the day.
2015-11-2
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Dear DJI-Cathy, any news on LB1 app for ios? Will it work with DJI Go?

Other users,

You can use LB1 with DJI Go, to see the image, but you wont get any other info about battery status or satelites...but...there is a trick i discovered how to use Lightbridge ios app on IOS9.

1. You load the Lightbridge application
2. Double press the ipad button to go into multytasking mode
3. Press on Lightbridge app from the multitask list to gain focus again
4. Presto ! The app is now working. (Yes the image is smaller, but you still see the image and all the telemetry from LB1) Tested on 9.1

Hope i helped someone.
2015-11-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

randompost@hotm Posted at 2015-11-3 10:05
To Mike-the-Cat:  Well said in your letter of 2Nov2015.  I have been waiting for any Lightbridge 1 u ...

This is odd. I run a LB1 with a Naza M-V2 (a Phantom 2) and the telemetry and video work with iOS 9.1 on an iPad Air2. The video is confined to the lower left quadrant but you CAN fly. See similar note in Ozren's post immediately before this one

What you may need to do is to go to the video source option and select HDMI/AV instead of HD gimbal. If you cannot switch, turn off the ground unit and on again after arming the air unit.

If you are a professional, may I recommend the Inspire Pro. Flies well and takes great stills and video. You won't ever look back unless you want to go lightweight backpacking.
2015-11-4
Use props
Motion Compound
lvl.1

Germany

Any News? We fly a S900 with gh4 Zenmuse and lightbridge 1. We got this Setup twice and its a shame that there is no proper iOS App in this pricerange
Hurry up we are waiting for month now!
2015-11-16
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

I have generally supported DJI on all fronts but they have failed miserably on this one. I can understand that it might not make business sense to support this product but it says a LOT about the company ethos if it chooses to drop serving relatively new obsoleted products.

The LB1 was a revolutionary product that paved the way for the  success of the current Inspire 1 and P3 product lines.

DJI should recognise that early adopters are a special breed of customer who serve as opinion leaders and have sway on the market. iOS users in particular have high purchasing power.

Please set a firm dateline as to when you will post an official iOS version. If not, say you have made a business decision. It is however, not good for credibility to keep customers hanging on.
2015-11-23
Use props
ianwood
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-10-19 19:04

So this was 6 weeks ago. I assume the new iOS app must be close to being ready by now. Several people have grown old and senile while waiting for this!
2015-12-4
Use props
rbh-andy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7489642 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ianwood Posted at 2015-12-4 21:19
So this was 6 weeks ago. I assume the new iOS app must be close to being ready by now. Several peo ...

any news?????
2015-12-6
Use props
lklepner
New

United States

Just tested the Lightbridge app with iOS 9.2 and can confirm that the same problem - small video, if any - still exists. It is hard to rationalize further investment in DJi equipment until this problem is resolved..
2015-12-11
Use props
jeff.abercrombi
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

watch the video and install an old ios app on your apple it works great
2015-12-30
Use props
jeff.abercrombi
lvl.1
  • >>>

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-5-7 19:08

That was over a year ago and we would like to know what DJI will do with the ones of us who purchased the LB for IOS and cannot use it will you put the cost or 50% to a new LB2 unit????
2016-5-29
Use props
randompost
New

Canada

Hello DJI-Cathy.... any news about using your Lightbridge 1 on any Mac device ?   Your last comment was on 17th June 2015 and said to "wait a little longer".    Well ?  It's nearly one year and still nothing.  Good thing I'm not banking on your support services.
2016-6-5
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

This is a Joke... a very expensive device and no support... no iOS app...
2016-6-7
Use props
christhechris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 846483 ft
Germany

Its such a shame!!
2016-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules