Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3 Controller charge iPhone?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys/gals,

I just starting flying my Phantom 3 and I love it but I noticed that when my iPhone 6 Plus is plugged into the RC, it is not charging.  At first it vibrates and charges and then asks if I should trust the device that it's plugged into.  I select trust, however the iPhone is not charging.  This is not a big deal except after flying for extended periods of time (once more batteries are available) the battery in my phone will be an issue.

Thanks!

Scott

2015-5-7
Use props
sonofsky2010
lvl.1

Hong Kong

NO. The iPhone  will heat when charging. The cpu's frequency of iPhone  will slow down.
2015-5-7
Use props
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

sonofsky2010@qq Posted at 2015-5-8 13:21
NO. The iPhone  will heat when charging. The cpu's frequency of iPhone  will slow down.

Thanks for the reply.  Those of us with iPhone's will want to have an extra power source available or a spare tablet to keep flying then!
2015-5-7
Use props
pepijnaben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1383189 ft
Netherlands

The P3 controller does not deliver enough power to the USB connector to charge the iPhone or iPad.
2015-5-20
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Otter Box Resurgence

This is a GREAT product, and doubles the life of the iPhone 6 battery, while still fitting in the P3 controller. An added benefit is it uses the Android cable that ships with the P3 and not a Lightning cable.
2015-5-20
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

scott7161@gmail Posted at 2015-5-8 13:23
Thanks for the reply.  Those of us with iPhone's will want to have an extra power source available ...

Do you fly all the day ?
2015-5-20
Use props
C17Jamie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 348022 ft
United States

I had the same question at first; my biggest (really, my only) complaint so far (after a week) is how quickly it drops my iPhone 6 battery.  But like they mentioned above, have an extra power source (or a mophie/otterbox charging case) handy!  
2015-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules