Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
roll motor noise and bluetooth issues
7869 22 2014-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djieric
New

United States

New Ronin looks fantastic.  Well built, nice neat kit.  It seems I have it setup well: balanced well (all numbers 0-3 range), lens bracket in place, A7S with 24mm 1.8 lens.  Using the A7S to learn setup, then I'll try FS700.  So far it fires up well with all motors silent but one - the roll motor - yet the roll motor seems balanced perfectly in the app (-1 to +1).  Hollow higher pitched metalic spinning sound, not loud but definitely there, and no big vibrations.  Manual stiffness settings all 25 (tried auto tune but that caused heavy vibration failures I think due to light weight camera - so I went maunal).  Glad to keep trying quietly on my own but I am having big time trouble with the DJI Assistant app.  I can establish a bluetooth connection, but I can't maintain it.  And I mean for long enough to make adjustments, if it even lasts that long.  Once it lasted long enough to go through all settings.  Once.  Never again.  Takes at least 30 minutes of trying to establish a connection; restarting the iphone 5s, restarting the app, restarting the Ronin, deleting the app/reinstalling the app, removing the Ronin battery, changing the battery - rinse and repeat endlessly.  Yes iphone bluetooth settings are on, remember it does connect sometimes, it just doesn't stay.  Two feet away.  The app works poorly on my iphone; extremely slow and inconsistently unreliable.  Very hard to navigate the menus.  Stalls, slows, freezes - maybe because the bluetooth connection is dropping out in the background, I don't know.

So two issues, which are related:  1 - Roll motor noise.  2 - bluetooth connection.   I fear I need #2 working properly in order to fix #1

Anyone else had trouble with the DJI Ronin's bluetooth connectability?  Tested my phone, it connects to other bluetooth devices well.

2014-10-31
Use props
is3zzz
New

United States

I'm having the same problem you are as well. DJI Assistant app was working fine up until today. Takes a really long time to get a connection, and when it does, the app is very slow, unresponsive and just freezes. I'm hoping it has something todo with the iOS since I did update to 8.1 a few days ago. Which iOS are you on?
2014-10-31
Use props
djieric
New

United States

is3zzz@gmail.co Posted at 2014-11-1 15:22
I'm having the same problem you are as well. DJI Assistant app was working fine up until today. Take ...

Yes I did the update as well.  Exactly what I have been thinking.  Going to test it on my wife's ipad today, which I'm pretty sure has not yet been updated.  Will let you know my results
2014-11-1
Use props
is3zzz
New

United States

djieric Posted at 2014-11-1 23:28
Yes I did the update as well.  Exactly what I have been thinking.  Going to test it on my wife's i ...

This is weird. Just paired it up with a phone on iOS 8.0 and it worked perfectly! Then I paired it up again with my phone on iOS 8.1 which I had problems with yesterday and now it works fine. Not exactly sure what the problem was, but I hope it doesn't happen while I'm in the middle of a shoot.

Hope it all works out for you too!
2014-11-1
Use props
is3zzz
New

United States

is3zzz@gmail.co Posted at 2014-11-2 00:38
This is weird. Just paired it up with a phone on iOS 8.0 and it worked perfectly! Then I paired it ...

BTW... once you get the app to work. Bringing down the Roll "stiffness" should eliminate the motor noise. I had motor noise on the Tilt motors (which were auto tuned at 60) and brought it down manually to 35 and the noise went away.
2014-11-1
Use props
djieric
New

United States

Just checked, her ipad is IOS 7.  My iphone is 8.1.  I did get it to connect, once or twice, but it was crazy inconsistent and unreliable.  Strange your experience, I'll try the ipad soon as she calls me back with the dam itunes password...
2014-11-1
Use props
djieric
New

United States

One down, one to go:

BLUETOOTH -  Downloaded the app on my wife's ipad running IOS7 and bluetooth connection to DJI Ronin worked flawlessly.  First time ever.  THEN I tried about my hundredth bluetooth connection via my IOS8.1 iphone, and it worked flawlessly..  I don't understand it but I don't need to - it works now.  Thanks for sharing is3zzz

MOTOR NOISE - Turns out it's not my roll motor after all, its the pan motor.  While turning down the motors had no impact on the relatively quiet but high pitched whining noise coming from the pan motor, raising the power to above 60 did have a slight affect.  Only slight though - and now it had a rhythm, not just constant pitch.  I will mount my FS700 to the Ronin and see if the noise continues.  Will update
2014-11-1
Use props
Cata
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1045220 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I'm having IOS 8.1 and i don't have any problems with the IOS app. It's connecting fast and its working like with the IOS 7 ( i can't feel any difference between IOS 7 and IOS 8. My only issue is that the "Auto Tune Stability" option is not working for me, when i press it , the gimbal is auto set all the axis to 59 and the gimbal starts to vibrating.
2014-11-10
Use props
Rideoutceos
New

United States

Im having issues of why does the whole gimbal with my camera spin when I'm trying to shoot , its normal at first but then goes crazy and messes up my shot on set, its embarrassing. Why doesn't it just listen to my movements and go my way?
2014-11-25
Use props
Rideoutceos
New

United States

I'm having issues when controlling it that the gimbal just starts to do a 360 while I'm shooting, what am i doing wrong ?
2014-11-25
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.3

China

Rideoutceos@gma Posted at 2014-11-25 20:52
Im having issues of why does the whole gimbal with my camera spin when I'm trying to shoot , its nor ...

Did it well balanced and if this still exist please feedback to me.
An video is best for we to analyze
2014-11-26
Use props
alwyne
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've also got a noise problem. I just made a video. Is this the same kind of noise you are experiencing? You can hear it when I bring the mic in close at 3.08 - http://youtu.be/pDdqmTtfZE8
2014-11-27
Use props
satish
New

India

Hi,
I have purchased a Ronin... I am trying to connect to my i phone 4s with 7.1.2 version os. while Iam trying to connect through Dji Assistant, It  is asking blue tooth password. what is my blue tooth password for my Dji ronin.
Satish kumar,
2014-11-30
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.3

China

satish@scintill Posted at 2014-12-1 11:07
Hi,
I have purchased a Ronin... I am trying to connect to my i phone 4s with 7.1.2 version os. while ...

Use the software on installed on PC and reset the password:
http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/download
2014-12-1
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.3

China

alwyne Posted at 2014-11-28 03:24
I've also got a noise problem. I just made a video. Is this the same kind of noise you are experienc ...

Thanks ,We have solved this case
2014-12-1
Use props
alwyne
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Julain Posted at 2014-12-1 20:11
Thanks ,We have solved this case

Just deleted my post. Wasn't sure if DJI's "Resolved" response related to me or the other posted.
2014-12-2
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.3

China

alwyne Posted at 2014-12-2 20:31
What? How have you resolved it? You asked me to make a video, so I made a video... you asked me to ...

Sorry my words is not so clear ,
My colleague in sales department would contact you soon
2014-12-2
Use props
tatapolus
New

Germany

alwyne Posted at 2014-12-2 20:31
Just deleted my post. Wasn't sure if DJI's "Resolved" response related to me or the other posted.

But I am kind of interested in what the outcome is regarding the noise issue? I think there are a lot of people out there who are having this issue... Myself included. i am not sure how I am supposed to shot a quite dialog scene (for example) with that noise in the same room. Please advise. Thanks!
2014-12-19
Use props
mps
New

France

tatapolus@gmx.d Posted at 2014-12-20 09:20
But I am kind of interested in what the outcome is regarding the noise issue? I think there are a  ...

same issues there ,  lot of motor noise , a bit disappointed , no way to record something with that freaking noise...
2014-12-20
Use props
alberto.escada
New

Spain

I´ve the same problem with noise
2015-1-5
Use props
TokyStreetView
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

mps@moups.com Posted at 2014-12-21 03:46
same issues there ,  lot of motor noise , a bit disappointed , no way to record something with tha ...

I have lost ALL HOPE of having DJI to support us on any way... I ALSO have the noise problem, tried to lower the stiffness as much as (DJI advise below 10) but still have the noise. It is IMPOSSIBLE to record anything in such condition.

I am utterly pissed by Ronin, I fell like I have waisted 350,000 Yen for nothing
2015-1-9
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.4

China

TokyStreetView Posted at 2015-1-10 10:03
I have lost ALL HOPE of having DJI to support us on any way... I ALSO have the noise problem, trie ...

Hi, try following advices:
1. Balance all three axis of yoru ronin;
2. Tighten all knobs in Ronin;
3. Tighten camera securing screw and lens support;
4. Decrease the stiffness of each axis.
2015-1-14
Use props
Connor G
New

United States

I'm having a problem just simply connecting with blue tooth to my ronin-m. It literally won't connect and it's been so long since I've last used the ronin that the motor is turned off in the app, but I can't connect to the device via blue-tooth so I can't do anything. Anyone with this issue?
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules