Gimbal does not change from Follow to FPV mode
4888 7 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kcmoore11
lvl.1

United States

My gimbal stays in Follow mode.  Will not change to FPV mode even when I switch from Follow to FPV via both the app and via the C2 button (the default "custom" option for that button on the back right of the controller).  I have updated to the latest firmware (1.1.8) in both the aircraft and transmitter.  I am using the latest iOS app (also did not work for me when I first tried this using an Android tablet).  Any thoughts?  I am also having the issue of the camera being slightly tilted (but per another thread I am going to try doing the IMU calibration...already did the Gimbal calibration but that did not change anything).
2015-5-11
Use props
kcmoore11
lvl.1

United States

IMU calibration seems to have fixed this issue.  When in FPV mode at least the gimbal now locks when leaning left and right.  It  does not seem to lock leaning forward and back but I will experiment more.  I assume this is the default behavior.
2015-5-11
Use props
playab0yyy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22969 ft
United States

Sorry. A bit off topic. Can you tell me what the default custom option is for C1? Is that in the manual? I must've overlooked it. And have you figured out where in the app to change the settings for these buttons?
2015-6-5
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

playab0yyy Posted at 2015-6-6 02:42
Sorry. A bit off topic. Can you tell me what the default custom option is for C1? Is that in the man ...

There are several ways to get there:
(1) look at the top center of your Pilot app display. There's a message in there once you've connected properly - warming up or safe to fly with gps, etc. Look immediately to the right - that little icon is the Remote Control icon. Touch it. The screen displayed will have the two boxes you're looking for. Click in each one (or whichever one you're trying to change) and choose accordingly.
(2) In the upper left hand corner - not the little house - that one will take you back to the opening screen. The one immediately to the right of it will open a window. Once the window opens, I think the second icon from the top is the Remote Controller icon. Lie (1) above, that will take you where you want to go.
(3) Touch the icon in the extreme upper right. A box/menu will open. Like (2) above, the second option from the top is the Remote Control icon, blah ,blah, blah

Enough options?
2015-6-5
Use props
playab0yyy
lvl.1
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-6 04:07
There are several ways to get there:
(1) look at the top center of your Pilot app display. There' ...

Plenty!!! hahaha Thank you very much!
2015-6-5
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

How do I change between follow and FPV mode
2015-6-6
Use props
playab0yyy
lvl.1
United States

derekoneill99@e Posted at 2015-6-7 01:35
How do I change between follow and FPV mode

In the DJI app, tap on Mode, then tap on the Gimbal icon, then the option you can tap on will be directly next to Gimbal Mode.
2015-6-6
Use props
Madebyvadim
First Officer
Flight distance : 2023002 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Wow I read a lot about tilted camera view, but my problem is that while flying right or left the camera in FOLLOW mode, is behave like its in FPV mode tilting way too much. look at sample - http://madebyvadim.d.pr/1iqFl+ and its not FPV I cheched 3 times. I am not sure waht to do. I contacted the support and it suggested the IMU collibration and camera auto-collibration after that, but its still doing the same. Any suggestion beside returning the unit it will be very difficult in my country without offical support?
2015-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules