12Next >
3475 47 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Clear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232566 ft
United States

Before I fly today for the first time, I want to know if anyone is flying with no problems and sufficient confidence to send this expensive machine aloft. Your answers will help all who feel the same trepidation. Thanks all!
Phantom 3 Pro
Latest Firmware
iPhone 6 128G
64G SDXC 10

2015-5-11
Use props
PublicRealtor
lvl.2

United States

I've been watching some regular "YouTube" reviews by Phantom3 owners and they do not seem to have ANY problems. These folks seem to have followed the setup instructions by the letters. Most of the Bad comments of problems could be related to pilot error.
Good luck with yours and let us know, with video,, how you did.
2015-5-11
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Absolutely no problem in first 10 flights. Wouldn't be surprised if most of what you have heard is pilot error. Perfect experience for me so far.
2015-5-11
Use props
phinchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120994 ft
Puerto Rico

I would agree.  I've had zero problems with anything about the P3.
2015-5-11
Use props
Dataway
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17152 ft
United States

I have 14 flights in and have not had any issues ...
2015-5-11
Use props
jpweather
lvl.2

United States

Only thing I am having problems with is lag in video feed. This started after the latest firmware. iPad mini 2 phantom 3 pro.
Starts doing this video feed lag about 5 minutes into flight every time and this is out in the middle of nowhere, no cell service or homes near.
2015-5-11
Use props
1337brian
lvl.2

United States

8 flights all around 10-15 minutes and haven't had so much as a hiccup. Runs great! I will say my only issue is the horizon does seem to be off in my footage but I haven't done imu calibration to see if that's the cause. So far I'm extremely happy, just wish I had a few spare batteries as I'm pretty much living my life in between charges!
2015-5-11
Use props
nolanronayne
lvl.1
United States

I've been flying for a week with complete confidence and no issues. Knock on wood.
2015-5-11
Use props
Fingerlaker
lvl.2

United States

jpweather Posted at 2015-5-12 01:45
Only thing I am having problems with is lag in video feed. This started after the latest firmware. i ...

Maybe Jim Bower's Pilot tutorial can help. At about 13:00 he talks about the image bit rate.
2015-5-11
Use props
paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew mine for three days, no problems. I'm feeling lots of apprehension sending my expensive aircraft so high and so far away also, but I have built up to it. The butterflies haven't gone away yet, though! When I lose sight, I switch to map mode and "fly the arrows".

Crashed once on landing, while using return to home mode, due to pilot error - excessive forward velocity from pilot command.
2015-5-11
Use props
jpweather
lvl.2

United States

I did try the stuff Jim was talking about in the video with no luck  before I even saw that video. I am sure it's the firmware because it didn't do this before that update.
2015-5-11
Use props
jpweather
lvl.2

United States

Update!  I just was on a live chat and they told me to enable hardware decode.  That did the trick no more lag.  Yay!!  Great product.  So this is on an iPad mini 2 just to let everyone know who is having this problem.
2015-5-11
Use props
wanccie
lvl.2

United States

jpweather Posted at 2015-5-12 05:19
Update!  I just was on a live chat and they told me to enable hardware decode.  That did the trick n ...

Was that option located in the DJI app?  I found an option under camera Enable Hardware Decode.  I will try that.....

BTW 25 flights with no issues.  I'm not pushing my quad yet, very simple flying... and its all fun.

thankslp
2015-5-11
Use props
jpweather
lvl.2

United States

wanccie Posted at 2015-5-12 05:52
Was that option located in the DJI app?  I found an option under camera Enable Hardware Decode.  I  ...

Yes that's the setting. Helped the video treat to my display. There was a bad lag before enabling that. I have had mine out a mile so far.   They are definitely a great system. I have been flying RC for 20 years and this is great.
2015-5-11
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'm so nervous that I'm going to be one of the unlucky ones that I've read about on here.

I hope all goes well.  

2015-5-11
Use props
johnkneedee
lvl.1

United States

Did my first flight today, not one hiccup.  didn't go very far just wanted to get a feel maybe 2nd base..... didn't wanna scare her off....lol  
2015-5-11
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Problems? Yeah, lots of them. But it's flying very well and I'm taking great video and pics!

The question is not whether there are problems. The question is whether they are solvable. Most are by pilot experience and education. The others will probably be addressed with firmware and software improvements.

It's definitely a fine machine - it will spoil us all.
2015-5-11
Use props
josepsamora
lvl.1

United States

I wouldn't say that I have had any problems and I have had around 15 flights thus far. It just responds a lot differently than my P2V+ did.

Rock solid indoors and that is what I was really hoping for in the upgrade.

Only complaints that I hare are:
I do feel that my horizon is slightly tilted as others have reported.
I can't get YouTube streaming to work. I get an error message about a future firmware upgrade.
I wish everything would have been available that was advertised such as POI, Follow Me,  and Ground Station. Misleading that this is done through developing your own app through the SDK.
2015-5-11
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-12 09:41
Problems? Yeah, lots of them. But it's flying very well and I'm taking great video and pics!

The qu ...

No problems with the drone , issues with seagulls / Canadian geese , and a 40 mph wind gust out of nowhere , but that is another story .
2015-5-11
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

No problems at all. 15 flights in. Strong product. Quite a bit more robust than p2V+.  I love the flight recording and the 15 plus satellite lock in flight. That baby is coming home if you get "dumb thumbs" and get disoriented with one push of a button. I was really wanting an inspire but couldn't choke up on the cash. I am VERY satisfied with this quad.  The only thing I am wondering is what could they possibly do next.  I would really like to see "follow me" and ground station. Just take it easy at first and Happy flying.
2015-5-11
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2327411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only thing I am having problems with is lag in video feed. This started after the latest firmware. i ...

I just started a thread on this myself... The lag is present in FPV mode,  I use the Galaxy S6 Edge and the Nvidia Shield Tablet.
2015-5-31
Use props
spectrum_dynami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68389 ft

United States

Hello,

I'm having the same issue.. Not one problem until I loaded the latest Firmware update, now my iPad air 2 has a horrible lag time and some strange dark lines.  Please see my post on "Help of my weird video image I'm getting on my iPad as well. Switched to my Samsung  S5 with Android Pilot App and things much improved. Not sure whats going on but it's probably something I'm over looking. Hope theirs a fix...
2015-5-31
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

I felt the same.

I've had mine since Friday and it has performed 100% perfectly. Probably 8 -10 full battery flights. Tested RTH button also.... worked as it should.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself.{:3_42:}
2015-5-31
Use props
fisk33
lvl.2

United States

I am an extreme newbie.   I have exactly four days experience flying a remote control ANYTHING.   I know exactly how you feel.  I'm very nervous taking it high and haven't really come close to max altitude or distance.   Right now i'm just trying to get used to controlling it.    Four days and about a dozen flights and no problems yet...   (fingers crossed)  
2015-5-31
Use props
ruprick
lvl.2

United States

*disconnect with fpv when 500m out over an island
*jello no matter the lighting
2015-5-31
Use props
kalin2011
lvl.2

Canada

I've been flying various inexpensive quads for awhile but this thing is a whole different animal!  The responsive handling and sheer power is awesome.  Wish it came from a reliable company that had first rate customer service, but it would probably cost twice as much.  Spare battery is going to be great.  No problems to date.
2015-5-31
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

All is well so far, hoping not to jinx myself either. l absolutely love this thing!
l'm curious to see if my overheating problem will return on my gimbal now that l have 2 batteries so twice the flight time.
2015-5-31
Use props
SilkPurse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2657 ft
United States

Here's what I would suggest:  Go out and buy yourself one of those $20 copter toys at the mall, and fool around flying it for a few hours.  It's only $20 so if you trash it, no big loss.  Once you get fairly proficient, then start flying your Phantom.  The Phantom is MUCH easier to fly, and you'll feel comfortable quickly.  That's exactly what I did before I started flying the P2.  The P3 is even easier to fly.
2015-5-31
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problems with flight controls. The stability of the P3 - even in 15 mph winds - had been rock solid.  Only on-going annoying issue is the tilted horizon (non-level camera) I have in recorded videos even after multiple IMU and gimbal calibrations.

HINTS: Turn on hardware decode in the iPad/iPhone version of the app to eliminate video lag. Make sure you calibrate the compass EVERY time you move to a new location.  Confirm that your P3's position is accurate before taking off (zoom all the way in on the map screen in satellite view).  Put some time in on the simulator before flying to gain confidence and try Return-to-Home (RTH) on the simulator when you are:  a) less than 20 meters from home point (P3 will immediately land where it is), and b) more than 20 meters from home point (P3 will ascend to set RTH height, fly to home point and then descend to land) to understand the differences in how this feature works depending on distance from home point.
2015-5-31
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

The only problems I have experienced so far have been my own fault, like forgetting to press record, forgetting to insert the sd card, forgetting to adjust the exposure, etc.  But the P3P itself has been flawless.  It arrived without damage and has flown perfectly since.  Even the firmware update, which they say can take 25 minutes, was done in less than 10.  I have no complaints about the P3P . . . In fact I am thrilled with the quality and the technology . . . It is an amazing product and a great value.  Of course, like others on this forum, I look forward to the day when DJI can catch up with the demand for extra batteries.
2015-5-31
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Had my P3A a couple of weeks now and I use an iPad Mini 3 64gb.  Absolutely flawless operation except for having to perform the compass calibration twice a few times.  First 360 turn is always fine, second one with nose pointed down will fail and LEDs flash red sometimes - app just says to re-perform.  The next try usually gets it.  I have no problems flying over water, but I am one of those pilots that REALLY likes to always be able to see my P3.  If I had really good FPV goggles (and a way to actually use them with the P3), I probably would venture out further.
2015-5-31
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Two P3 advances and 22 total flights. No problems at all. I use iPad Air and video feed is clear and not leggy. I've had it out two 2km distance while maintaining strong video feed.
2015-5-31
Use props
Mr. Heinze
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761270 ft
Germany

rdc44444@hotmai Posted at 2015-6-1 15:45
Two P3 advances and 22 total flights. No problems at all. I use iPad Air and video feed is clear and ...

I have 35 Flights now. My VPS is not working anymore since flight 33.  I already write a mail with logs etc to DJI. But no answer..  I had no crash or hard landing.
2015-6-1
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No problems here. Have lag/stutter on the tablet (Android ... go figure)...   

Some video from the weekend... the P3 is fun.

2015-6-1
Use props
korling
lvl.1
United States

10 flights = no problems, except for horseflies and mosquitos. I forgot one issue when the video feed froze once using a galaxy tab a. I thought the gimbal might have malfunctioned at first, but when I brought it back, all was fine. It hasn't happened again with that device and the P3P.
2015-6-1
Use props
TheAnkh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 456299 ft
Greece

15-20 flights in and no problems other than the common Gimbal Tilt that is easily fixable even if it comes back until the patch the firmware. I am pretty sure that most of the problems so far have been pilot error and people not reading documentation properly.
2015-6-1
Use props
alienranch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142579 ft
United States

15 flights and not a single problem.
2015-6-1
Use props
Raul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 348724 ft
Spain

Total flight time 1h18'  without problems
2015-6-1
Use props
kalin2011
lvl.2

Canada

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-6-1 14:25
Had my P3A a couple of weeks now and I use an iPad Mini 3 64gb.  Absolutely flawless operation excep ...

I feel the same.  I think in time as I grow more confident with the crafts performance, I'll fly farther.  Till then, having fun flying within sight.  Love this thing!
2015-6-1
Use props
jthwaites
lvl.1
United States

I've been flying it for about three months.  Most of my problems have been ME.  Now I wanted to get streaming video, so after updating the firmware, I downloaded DJI GO.  Started to have problems.
1 my android tablet will not connect now (when I try - it stops????) I do have an android phone I'll try it with, hope that works!!      Payed a lot of money for the tablet that is now a brick.
2015-8-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules