Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire vs Voyager3
3352 9 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CrabHawk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I've had the Walkera voyager3, for 3 days now and after translating the chinglish directions to "Regular" english I finally figured it out! Whew I was freaking, screaming and taking frequent brakes while reading the "Operating" intructions.
In short if you care not to read on DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on the Walkera Voyager3 AND TELL A FRIEND!!!!!!!
I don't really have the forum or time to break this thing down but I will try.
After opening the box and seeing the carrying case it comes in I was impressed - full metal and VERY solid carrying case (See pic)
As most of you may have seen, the arms are ridged and must be "Screwed" on, sort of like a tree branch being grafted back onto the tree.
The propellors ARE NOT identified, one must KNOW which orientation (Either Counter or Clockwise the props face) this is fairly easy BUT NOT for the novice!!!
The contents of the box was missing One screw - this screw is to be screwed INTO THE GIMBAL holding the camera in place.
Since I mentioned the camera, I would have to say that this is the most disappointing item of the entire bird (Alabtross/DoDo or what ever negative conotation of a bird that can be used) The camera IS NOT 4k I repeat NOT 4k MAYBE a 3mb camera with a "FISHEYE" lens yes you read it right A FISHEYE lens the horizon is extremely rounded!!! like the first Phantom. This thing IS A JOKE!!!! there is NO option to video from the transmitter you MUST turn on the camera from the ground and start your video files from there - EVEN a Syma can start recording while in the air, But NOT THIS ONE, Turn on a power button THEN turn on a recording button!!! The transmitter has a switch for taking "STILL" shots HOWEVER I STILL HAVEN'T been able to take a "STILL" (Perhaps more Chinglish translating on my part is required) A VERY unintuitive craft.
There are quite a few "Hoops" to jump through to get this thing working and in the air, Which Is fine because it is NOT a toy. But I tell you it is a HASSLE!!!{:2_35:}
I thought the Inspire calibration dance was alot HAAA!!! Not Compared to the Jig one must dance to get this thing to search out the sattelites, I won't go into that but you can imagine
since the Inspire takes only 3 manuvures after IMU this one has 5 moves and Hopefully if that takes then that will be the least of ones energy expended. But don't count on it - at least not the first time!!! The transmitter is twice the size as the Inspire/Phantom series If you know anything about the transmitters it is a DEVO 12 so it is sort of top of the line...relatively speaking... The transmitter has an installed screen 5 inches and there is a connection for an external monitor (Which I have not tried yet) and it supossedly has "Ground Station" and other magnificent features but I will have to report another time on that. This post is just to warn the unwary NOT TO PURCHASE - Unless you got the cash......Some people do
The Alatross Flies VERY slow similar to the Phantoms speed - NOT EVEN CLOSE to the Inspire the GPS hold is shaky sometimes spot on, other times it drifts considerably.... it's throttle response leaves much to be desired One time %50 it shoots up and another time the same input and it just sort of creeps up - UNDER THE SAME environmental CONDITIONS.
I will give periodical updates as time dictates.
20150511_171058.jpg
20150511_171020.jpg
20150511_171004.jpg
20150511_172007.jpg
20150511_171959.jpg
2015-5-11
Use props
mountmotor
Second Officer

United States

Please post a video comparison!!!! How does the bulldog fly? ;)
2015-5-11
Use props
insectorchid3
lvl.1

United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-5-12 10:48

is is what i found

2015-5-11
Use props
mountmotor
Second Officer

United States

insectorchid3 Posted at 2015-5-12 13:51
is is what i found

https://youtu.be/AcDgirLWwbI

Very disappointing
DJI still kicks A$$
2015-5-11
Use props
CrabHawk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-5-12 10:48

I'm going to take it out today, video to follow!
2015-5-12
Use props
healbunny
lvl.3

Canada

lol, the motors on voyager 3 looks like the DJI E800 motor...
2015-5-12
Use props
CrabHawk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-5-12 23:01
I'm going to take it out today, video to follow!

Very sorry No VIDEO because the camera is a piece of JUNK.
2015-6-9
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Does the Voyager 3 have more power and stronger motors than the Inspire 1 ? And anybody tested the 4K camera?
2015-6-19
Use props
patersonward.ho
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-20
Use props
BPoHVoodoo
lvl.3

Germany

mountmotor Posted at 2015-5-12 15:24
Very disappointing  
DJI still kicks A$$

Totally Agree. But there is enough left to do for DJI to fully satisfy us.
2015-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules