Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What do you use to transport/protect your Phantom?
36670 226 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C17Jamie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 348022 ft
United States

I put both the white foam piece and the gimbal clamp back on each time.  <knock on wood>  It's working ok so far
2015-5-18
Use props
Lurvis
lvl.1

United States

C17Jamie Posted at 2015-5-19 09:17
I put both the white foam piece and the gimbal clamp back on each time.    It's working ok so far

I also do this. I feel like it just helps with the gimbal from moving to much like a cast does for a broken bone.
2015-5-18
Use props
bradleydraifing
lvl.1

United States

C17Jamie Posted at 2015-5-19 09:17
I put both the white foam piece and the gimbal clamp back on each time.    It's working ok so far

Unfortunately I threw out the white foam piece weeks ago but have recently learned about this problem. I'm curious if a lens cover/gimbal clamp combo would solve the problem. otherwise I'm going to have to improvise. Any suggestions/ideas?
2015-5-27
Use props
Snowman
lvl.1

Finland

I would like to transport my Phantom 3 Pro with the prop guards on. Any recommendations for a case? I imagine I would use it mostly for car transport so weight is not an issue.
I have one Think Tank case for other stuff (Production Manager) and love it. For backpacs I have used Tamrac's bigger models, also very good.

Found a Koozam pack and seems fine, but would settle for a less pricey plastic one, instead of aluminum. Any ideas?

Koozam: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=GSR473GHPDNWFNPA

2015-5-27
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

The folks at GoProfessionalCases just did a great job of helping solve a problem with my P2 pack.  They will get all of my business whether backpacks or hard cases.  
2015-5-27
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

I ordered this one from UAS
http://1uas.com/1UAS-Pelican-Case-Phantom-3

2015-5-27
Use props
knupla2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

I just bought this

Microraptor Pro

I'm a hard case kinda guy with higher cost items.
2015-5-27
Use props
Adamation
lvl.3

United States

knupla2 Posted at 2015-5-28 08:16
I just bought this

Microraptor Pro

+1 on this

I ordered the gunmetal/blue should be here monday - Adam
2015-5-29
Use props
schoug
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72582 ft
Sweden

Received my Dji Hard shell backpack today. Fitts nice with soft foam supporting the gimbal. I have the gimbal guard on and once the phantom its in place it don't move at all. White "stabilizers" are fully compressed.

However I'm not sure what the plan was with the compartments. According to the specification it shall fit 1 PH3, 3 batteries, props, rc and batterie charger. It fits alright but battery charger will bounce around it I don't stuff the compartment with additional stuff. Would be nice to get a sketch how the parts should be fitted In place.
2015-6-3
Use props
Nico
Netherlands

This is what I use to transport my Phantom 3 around in. Custom made:
Custom made case for my Yamaha FJR 1300
2015-6-8
Use props
matthewduhon
lvl.1

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-12 10:57
Anyone know if the new DJI hardcase backpack will work as a carry-on /hand-luggage on flights?

If n ...

From dimensions it does meet the carry-on dimensions for FAA
2015-6-8
Use props
HunterBrooks
Second Officer

United States

I use a camera backpack - "DAKINE SEQUENCE 33L".  It fits snug and has enough pockets to hold everything.  I used the GPC backpack on my PH2/Gopro, but I found it to be too heavy and bulky - but boy did it protect it!  I just use the stock gimbal clamp and the white foam piece - no issues.
2015-6-11
Use props
P3PO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

spencerpearse@b Posted at 2015-5-12 22:07
As a ride a motorcycle the backpack is the only way for me to go.  My favourite in the list supplied ...

My choice as well as I to ride a motorcycle and the Microraptor Pro backpack is perfect.
2015-6-11
Use props
AirPic
lvl.1

Lithuania

My backpack for 17 eur, made my self

Backpack

Backpack

Backpack1

Backpack1
2015-6-12
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

I still just use the box the P3 (and the P2) came in

But I can't wait to get the DJI Hardshell Backpack. And might also get a Flight Case from Go Professional, which looks very nice too.
2015-6-12
Use props
Advexure
lvl.4
United States

Hardshell works great as a carry-on. One of our guys used it on a Southwest flight this past weekend.

We do have the the Hardshell Backpacks IN STOCK and READY TO SHIP on our website here: https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-3-hardshell-backpack/

Also the GPC Backpacks will be arriving in the next couple of weeks and pre-orders have now opened at the links below:

Standard Edition: https://www.advexure.com/store/g ... k-standard-edition/
Limited Edition: https://www.advexure.com/store/g ... ck-limited-edition/

Any questions please feel free to reach out.

Thanks,
Mike
Advexure.com
2015-6-15
Use props
iride4u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330869 ft
United States

I have purchased the Kazoom case as I want to keep everything in one piece. I think that for most of us any of the pre cut cases would work well. Some of us will be able to save money and cut our own foam inserts but I did not want to chance it.
2015-6-15
Use props
Geoff Mountfiel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82749 ft

United Kingdom

I made my own using a cheap Backpack from Amazon and some foam

Backpack

Backpack
2015-6-15
Use props
contact
lvl.1

United States

For the time being I've been strapping it to my biking bag and I can drone on the go!   
2015-6-16
Use props
classicalle
First Officer
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... ml/pageID/accessory
2015-6-27
Use props
Zman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

I have a Micro Raptor Pro Case for my Phantom 3 . Plenty of room for all the extra batteries and iPad Air 2 extra props etc.

2015-6-27
Use props
raafmaker
lvl.3
Netherlands

tou_thor10@hotm Posted at 2015-5-18 06:47
Here is a short clip of what I use. If any of you are like me and want to fit most of your camera eq ...

I have the same Vanguard Up-Rise II 48 Backpack for my P3P and accessoires. Great quality camera backpack, very useful for travelling and enough room to fit other gear in aswell.

2015-6-29
Use props
rich_even
lvl.1

United States

I prefer the smallest back pack so as not to attract any undo attention - I use a smaller Canon photographers back pack. Perfect fit for the PPro/4 batteries/props and small items. There's a mesh holder for the controller. I can walk right up to my intended launch site without issue. It's only when I get the props on the Phantom that anyone realizes I have one. Also the small footprint means it fits right next to my other DSLR gear in the truck of my Cayman.
2015-6-29
Use props
Bobcat90
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

spencerpearse@b Posted at 2015-5-12 22:07
As a ride a motorcycle the backpack is the only way for me to go.  My favourite in the list supplied ...

Nice bag.  The only one so far that has really caught my eye.  Thanks.
2015-6-29
Use props
phresh_5
lvl.3

Canada

I use this cheap eBay bag for the P2 modified to fit the P3 controller.  With the money I saved not getting a fancy case I got an extra battery instead ;)
2015-7-5
Use props
Snowman
lvl.1

Finland

paul@lopansri.c Posted at 2015-5-19 06:07
I have a Pelican hard case for normal use, but I am expecting a backpack for travel also.

I decided to go for B&W 61 Phantom 3 case. A Microraptor or Go Professional would have suited me also, but they are a little hard to find here in Europe (meaning slow and costly expedition + customs hassle) and also quite pricey. This one is more or less similar with total price of 163 eur (+vat).

Here's a link:
https://www.camforpro.com/copter ... fuer-dji-phantom-3/

2015-7-7
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198392 ft
Denmark

I bought a rather exspensive hardcase with foam cutouts for my P3P, better safe than sorry.
2015-7-7
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.1

Belgium

I have some cheap-ass backpack that serves it's role quite nicely.
http://allegro.pl/plecak-walizka ... -3-i5435472022.html
2015-7-7
Use props
lee5156
lvl.1

United States

I just got the GPC DJI PHANTOM 3 BACKPACK LIMITED EDITION delivered yesterday.  Transporting the P3P from Florida to NY in 2 weeks. It's the exact measurements of a carry-on to fit in the overhead bin.  
2015-7-7
Use props
astanatv

Kazakhstan

Just bought a plastic case, cut the foam, painted black - 120 USD total. I do not have a case for my second quad. I will get it soon. I will do DYI case again, probably different colors

2015-7-8
Use props
P3PO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I use my Jeep Grand Cherokee to transport my P3P. To protect I have the Microraptor backpack.
2015-7-9
Use props
L8again
lvl.4

Canada

schoug@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-4 00:46
Received my Dji Hard shell backpack today. Fitts nice with soft foam supporting the gimbal. I have t ...

There are a few videos on You tube showing how some folks are packing it in.
2015-7-9
Use props
Mspinner1
lvl.1

United States

The box it came in!

2015-7-9
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 46483 ft
United States

I got this one from Amazon for $189.99. Fits everything I need and allows props to be kept on during transport. IMG_9695.jpg

amazon
2015-7-10
Use props
mdazel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140725 ft
United States

Hello there,
Micro Raptor Pro Case:
Here is a link to the case I use...$216.90

link:  http://microraptorcases.com/prod ... ?variant=4700539587

I just love this thing...carry on size...so my gear stays with me...fits all my support gear for day of flight...!!! ;-)

What I carry in my case...!!! ;-)

DJI Phantom 3 Pro
the remote
stock16 gig micro sim card that came with p3p
two 64 gig micro sim cards
micro sim card reader
sun hood for iPad
large cleaning cloth for iPad and camera lens
iPad air2
iPad charger
3_ft iPad cable
6_ft iPad Cable
10_ft Android cable
stock Android cable that came with p3p
5_batteries
2_100 w battery chargers
x props
quick release prop guards
Original p3p Eng. mount hex screws
DU-Bro prop balancer (499)
black tape
tools
x parts for the gimbal

custom for p3p props on...!!! ;-)

custom for p3p props on...!!! ;-)

quality locks...!!! ;-)

quality locks...!!! ;-)
2015-7-26
Use props
UltraONE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 427480 ft
Russia

I use Think Tank Airport Commuter backpack.$209.75 by Think Tank Photo website.
More or less a universal thing for transporting drone and a DSLR. This is almost what I need.

In my backpack:
- DJI P3A
- RC
- 3 extra batteries
- 2 pair propellers
- Canon 5D MkII with 24-105 4L lens
- Canon Digital Rebel T3i (body only)
- Batteries for cameras, filters, memory cards, MacBook Air 11", Ipad Mini 2
- Chargers for P3 and cameras
- Cables etc.

The total weight of the loaded backpack is 10.5 kg (23,15 lbs)

2015-7-27
Use props
heyandy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

Zman Posted at 2015-6-28 04:52
I have a Micro Raptor Pro Case for my Phantom 3 . Plenty of room for all the extra batteries and iPa ...

Pretty sure this is the same I got (except mine is black case with blue foam)..  
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... _detailpage_o07_s00

Holds everything..  It is both my case for moving my Phantom 3 as well as just my general storage chest for everything I have for the Phantom!
2015-7-27
Use props
jack1144
lvl.4

Canada

Ordered a Dronecrate .Kris is awesome to deal with.
http://www.dronecrates.com/
2015-7-27
Use props
Meemo
lvl.1

Ireland

Just received my dji hardshell backpack. Very nice size but I may have to do some additional cutting out to get in my nexus 9.other than that, very happy with the case
2015-7-28
Use props
mark.rompies
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55594 ft
Indonesia

Howdy!

Since I use my motorcycle as a major transportation vehicle, I setup my Shad SH39 topcase to be able to carry my P3. For the bottom, I put plasticine modelling clay to make the bottom of the topcase level, on top of that I put two layer of hard surface plastic with one layer of plastic bubble in between. Wrap them with a plastic wrap for food, so I can remove (keep it, and ready for use in the future) this base whenever I need so I can still use the topcase for other use without worry to make the bottom of the box oily because of the plasticine clay. I use the condensed paper foam from P3's original box, cut it to match the dimension of the topcase, and fill the leftover space with unused newspaper. This setting is pretty safe so far. If one of you could notice some unsafe point(s) would you please let me know? Thanks!

Here's some pics:

1. The empty box:

2. With P3 inside:

3. The topcase then can be easily closed:

4. Easily attach to my motorcycle, ready to ride:

Thanks for viewing!

Rgds,
Mark

2015-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now