What do you use to transport/protect your Phantom?
36761 226 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artworksmetal
lvl.1

United States

Geoff Mountfiel Posted at 2015-6-16 02:37
I made my own using a cheap Backpack from Amazon and some foam

Your foam work is much prettier than mine. How do you cut the foam?
What kind of foam?
2016-2-11
Use props
artworksmetal
lvl.1

United States

Here's my homemade one. Taking it on an 800 mile trip next week to a friends' 350 acre nature preserve. I sure hope the case comes back full.

P3A case

P3A case

Top view

Top view
2016-2-11
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

gustofusion Posted at 2016-2-11 10:41
I have a DIY case.
Case from here: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24160?utm_source=transac ...

Hey gustofusion, how did you cut the foam?
2016-2-11
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

thumb Posted at 2016-2-12 01:42
Hey gustofusion, how did you cut the foam?

This type of razor setup, have to change blades very often so they remain sharp. You can snap off the Tips when it becomes dull.
57514-1100-1-2ww-m.jpg

2016-2-12
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

Two hard shell cases and a soft case. Biggest complaint about the hard shell case is that it doesn't stand on end very well. I wish that they'd put some kind of legs....small blocks....or something on the one side to level it out when it's standing on end.
2016-2-12
Use props
tobyjoe1973
lvl.1

United States

Buy a husky box and pull and peel foam diy
2016-2-14
Use props
flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulOTron Posted at 2015-5-14 08:30
I was about to say: "I do the same as DJI does when the ship it... I just add the gimbal clamp."

B ...

The Nanuk 945 comes with a foam block with the proper cutout to protect the gimbal inside the case. I also use the Polarpro gimbal guard and it fits nice and snug inside the foam protector. Double protection
2016-2-15
Use props
Dan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408054 ft
United States

I bought this from Gearbest for $40 and have been very pleased with it:  travels all around with me.  http://m.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopter-parts/pp_238185.html
2016-2-17
Use props
Ariekes
lvl.2

United States

I just got the koozam rugged case.  Planning on using it to take my p3a to Dominican Republic in two weeks.  I'll check back in to see how it goes.  Does TSA consider the props to be a problem?  Should they be wrapped or packed a certain way?

This one : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KTLL ... keywords=koozam+dji
2016-2-17
Use props
articandy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just bought this one from eBay so so happy with it as good as dji branded I think probably the same factory!!
2016-2-28
Use props
articandy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

articandy Posted at 2016-2-28 22:35
Just bought this one from eBay so so happy with it as good as dji branded I think probably the same  ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/151892831692
2016-2-28
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

I would recommend a backpack. Easy to carry & transport.
2016-4-8
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-11 22:57
Anyone know if the new DJI hardcase backpack will work as a carry-on /hand-luggage on flights?

If n ...

Don't check your Phantom unless you have it in a hard case. I found out the hard way with my expensive tablet. {:2_34:}  
2016-4-15
Use props
Still_JustBlaze
lvl.1

I use my Hugo duffel that I got for free from Macy's after purchasing a bottle of Boss
2016-4-15
Use props
eurocenter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12339 ft

https://www.manfrotto.com/d1-backpack-for-dji-phantom
2016-4-15
Use props
damienman12
lvl.1

United States

DJI Hardshell is awesome , lots of space there.
2016-4-15
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

My Nanuk 945
case.jpg
case2 (2).jpg
2016-4-15
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Croatia

New Pelican case was just released. Or rather, an existing case (Storm IM2600) now has the proper cut out. Having used Pelican for years with camera equipment while shooting X-Sports it instantly became my choice. I've had my cases rolled down hills and one been (briefly) submerged. Still good. So yes, my choice is "other". This Pelican case
2016-4-16
Use props
david
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202126 ft

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-12 10:57
Anyone know if the new DJI hardcase backpack will work as a carry-on /hand-luggage on flights?

If n ...

I just went on a flight - put my hard shell backpack in my carry on suitcase.  Worked just right but was surprisingly heavy.  
2016-4-16
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

I just had my Nanuk 945 delivered yesterday and it seems to be a very good quality solid case. Room for the quad, charger, up to 6 batteries, Ipad mini or similar sized monitor and you can store it securely without having to take off the props. I've only had it one day so far so it may be a bit early to give it a fair review. I will say that the one downside so far is it's fairly heavy to carry around.

2016-5-28
Use props
sorka95032
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

I bought the DJI clone hard shell backpack on ebay for $48 delivered:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141844273385

2016-5-28
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I bought the D1 backpack because you can fit a RC with a DBS02 fitted and ready to go, you can also fit in a good half dozen batteries, an iPad air, DSLR and tripod, ND lens, props, tracker, foam feet, wateproof cover that fits in seconds, comfortable to carry, the zips are the Rolls Royce of zips, smooth as a babies bottom.

Highly recomended, only con is the price, but ye get what ye payeth fore.
2016-5-28
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

I don't have one yet, but I'm thinking to go Minimal

2016-6-1
Use props
BalooDK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 684501 ft
Denmark

I have the B&W International Type 61 DJI 3 Copter Case.

http://www.b-w-international.com/product/type-61-dji-3/

They also have a bigger one with wheels (Type 6700), but it's too big for my needs ;)

B&W Copter Case - Type 61/o

B&W Copter Case - Type 61/o
2016-6-1
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Am I the only one with the DJI / Manfrotto backpack?
I know it's pricey, but I fit a lot of stuff in there, bird and RC, 6 batteries, 10" tablet and hood, lots of accessories (props, SD cards, antanna boosters, extra cables, etc.).

Chris

2016-6-1
Use props
Kevtech QC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125617 ft
Canada

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-5-12 10:38
Those are both good choices -- but, there are many more at:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#CasesP3

I have the Nanuk 945 case in graphite colour, works great for me.
2016-6-30
Use props
Michael89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

I got a hard case where I can put my P3 with it's props on, it aint the best transport for long journeys since you have to carry it by hand, and it get tiring quite fast, I'd prefer a backpack, just lazy to buy one.
2016-7-19
Use props
cabur2010
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft

Here is a great hard shell case at Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016-7-23
Use props
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft

I am very happy with this case from Amazon.com $86.00

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 00?ie=UTF8&psc=
2016-9-26
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

I use a 250 ringgit hard case backpack purchased from Malaysia. That's about $60 or so.

Will look into giving the gimbal a bit more support than just the clamp..
2016-9-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ok, I just Have to say, the Nanuk 945 is a beast. Love all the extra storage space, and rugged tough as nails exterior.
The extra weight makes sense, considering the material used to build it, and the awesome design/craftsmanship involved.
Would I recomend this hardside case to others? Most Definately. It may not be for everyone, but it fits the bill for me.
I don't mind the hefty size nor the extra poundage. It has room for my complete DJI kit, including both 100w chargers, & that's sweet.
Plus, now I can add three more intelligent flight batteries to my drone case. Available in a multitude of colors, for the fashionably conscious. I chose black. Haha
& A Lifetime warranty too. Who even offers that kind of guarantee for their quality products anymore?
It's also nice for me, to have the ability to give cudos to an awesome Canadian built product. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-2
Use props
user81fdc3a5e3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013038 ft

I use an old Range bag/duffle bag for mine, It fits perfect and the side pockets that were used for magazines now hold batteries perfectly.
2016-11-6
Use props
Art - N4PJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

ritcheypac@hotm Posted at 2015-5-12 07:07
The carry case is... I'm not sure about the backpack.  The specs aren't listed and I still haven't ...

I have a hard case "suitcase-style" carrier. I've not seen the backpack, so I can't make a comparison to that one. While I fell mine protects everything quite well, it is somewhat bulky.  I have the P3Pro, 4 batteries, my iPad mini (w/cable), the power supply and a gob of extra props. Everything fits in there and you can leave the props on. You need to exercise caution when you close the cover - the props have to be positioned properly to close the lid.

Art - N4PJ
2016-11-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Art - N4PJ Posted at 2016-11-26 07:08
I have a hard case "suitcase-style" carrier. I've not seen the backpack, so I can't make a compari ...

Having the ability to store more gear is a blessing. Looking forward with eager anticipation, to buying two or three more intelligent flight batteries in the future. I do like the freedom as well, of leaving the props on between flights. I find it's important though, to check, and place the onboard props between the foam tabs that hold them horizontal before closing the lid. Most hard side cases I have seen, that allow rotors be left intact, also carry that wavy egg crate foam in the lid. Because of that uneven triangular pattern, the higher points can push the props at a slight angle, and disturb the tabs that are supposed to be holding them secure. The tabs can be easily pushed down, into the drone cutout as well. So, I may pin mine, or add a few drops of a foam safe Contact Adhesive to secure them in place. I really like having that extra foam sleeve over the complete camera/gimbal assembly as well. Seems like a smart way to protect it from being bounced around during travel. I also leave the regular plastic gimbal gaurd on it too. You can never protect your delicate camera enough. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-27
Use props
Art - N4PJ
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-27 13:50
Having the ability to store more gear is a blessing. Looking forward with eager anticipation, to b ...

I did not do anything special for the camera. I do transport my P3P with that little plastic gizmo attached.

In the case for my P3P, the props do not appear to be flexed or "in the way" when in the travel mode. I do have to be careful that the props are positioned properly.

Inside the case for my Blade Chroma, the wavy foam DOES tend to flex the props, so I took a razor knife (one of those "Exacto" style knives) and trimmed some of the foam away where the body of the Chroma fits. I trimmed only enough to get the body, arms and blades all safely inside without having to worry about prop flex.

My case for the P3 just looks pretty much like an over-sized attache case. The case for the Chroma looks more like a Pelican case. The P3 case takes up some serious space. The Chroma case takes up some really serious space!
2016-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Art - N4PJ Posted at 2016-11-27 12:57
I did not do anything special for the camera. I do transport my P3P with that little plastic gizmo ...

Would you please post a few pics of yours? I would like to see more, what other pilots use, and how you orientate your personal flight kit inside? Haha
I love to hear how the knife comes out of the tool box, and awesome customizing takes place.
I was going to open up my device slot, widen it to accommodate my iPad Air2, buy found that it fits perfectly near the back, where that wider cutout fits the Cellular tablet perfectly.
Gee, I wished everyone here could have shared some photos of their hard cases, backpacks, and carrying devices too. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-27
Use props
Art - N4PJ
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-27 14:07
Would you please post a few pics of yours? I would like to see more, what other pilots use, and ho ...

Let me re-familiarize myself with how to load pictures and I'll put some up of my "arrangements."

Art - N4PJ
2016-11-29
Use props
Art - N4PJ
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-27 14:07
Would you please post a few pics of yours? I would like to see more, what other pilots use, and ho ...

Okay, I've slept since the last time I uploaded a picture! Can you refresh my memory of what I need to do? I do NOT have a web site, so I cannot "link" pictures - can they be directly uploaded here?

When I click on "reply" and then the picture icon, it wants an address - it doesn't offer me a "browse" window.

Art - N4PJ

(You can also reach me privately via aburkefl at gmail dot com if that works better.
Thanks.)
2016-11-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Art - N4PJ Posted at 2016-11-29 06:36
Okay, I've slept since the last time I uploaded a picture! Can you refresh my memory of what I nee ...

Yes, there is a method to the madness... Haha
With that picture icon, it's used only for online pics. What you need to do is click Advanced Tab first, then it will give you choices for your personal pics uploads, or online hyperlinks. Hope that helps. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-29
Use props
Art - N4PJ
lvl.4
United States

I keep getting a notice that some kind of plug-in failed - no picture.
Guess I'm not smart enough to do this!

2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules