Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware, slave controller video problems
4852 31 2015-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Portlights
lvl.1

United Kingdom

After upgrading to the new firmware we've had really bad video feed to the slave controller, doesn't matter which controller is the slave or master, it's always the slave having bad/ black and blocky video feed.
We tried changing the device, iPhones/ iPad. Changed the cables and turned off all Wifi at my house (no other houses nearby). No solution.

I did a short video below, sorry for potato quality but you should be able to see the slave blacking out and lagging really bad, every 3-4 seconds or so where the master was absolutely fine. It seemed ok when the Inspire was very close, but as soon as it got 10 metres or so away it was unusable. Can't get a smooth camera movement.

DJI seem to have ignored my emails too which is frustrating for a premium priced product.

Anyone had similar issues?

2015-5-14
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

I'm seeing the same thing since the last FW release. (not saying that is the cause, just that I've started seeing it since the upgrade)
Most of my flight ops are using the master only, so this may have been an issue beforehand.
2015-5-14
Use props
insectorchid3
lvl.1

United States

Something that has helped me with this is selecting the video feed manually. Setting both controllers to the same channel
2015-5-14
Use props
JKT
Second Officer

United States

i had the same problem wth the last firmware update dont kow about this one isnce the drone is out with DJI. Iam hoping that when i do get my drone back it will be working perfectly as according to the DJI support they said that a tech will check eveything.
2015-5-14
Use props
BPoHVoodoo
lvl.3

Germany

Same problem here on my Slave Controller. Blackouts and large artefacts.
2015-5-14
Use props
Portlights
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-5-15 08:07
I'm seeing the same thing since the last FW release. (not saying that is the cause, just that I've s ...

Yeah it's very annoying. We've used two controllers exclusively and only seen the issue immediately after the firmware upgrade. I hope DJI at least recognise this problem, as it's quite a prominent bug which massively affects the usability making the second £500 controller basically redundant.
2015-5-17
Use props
mauricio.copett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49751 ft
Brazil

I'm having even worse troubles causing absence of signal for many seconds, mostly for the slave even in short distances (150m) and when the bird is still in a visual range. The master can hold the image for longer range, but when the signal is lost I cannot see neither the flight data...

So, after the FW I cannot finish my job that need to fly long distances in a continuous shot... Really annoying. Anybody sorted that out?
2015-5-17
Use props
Portlights
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does anyone know if it's al least possible to down grade the firmware or reset to factory default somewhere? On the inspire, batteries and controllers?
2015-5-17
Use props
tombwasempty
New

United States

My wife and I are having this problem with our Inspire also...
We received the drone last Thursday. I charged everything and then updated to current firmware release. All went well and according to the instructions.
I have no idea how the other firmware effected the video range of the slave controller because I have only operated it on latest release. The behavior described in this thread is exactly what we are experiencing. I was afraid we had a setting wrong or a malfunctioning controller. Just happened upon this thread.
2015-5-17
Use props
greg7140
lvl.1

United States

tombwasempty@li Posted at 2015-5-18 09:35
My wife and I are having this problem with our Inspire also...
We received the drone last Thursday.  ...

I had not had a chance to fly the Inspire with slave remote until this past weekend and am seeing the same issues.  Works great if not using the second remote...hope this can get solved soon!

2015-5-18
Use props
captdkp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4521345 ft
United States

Which update was that?  After the 1.2.1 update, it rendered my Inspire useless and it is now in LA getting fixed.  Had it one week, flew twice (very nicely I might add) and then the update. BOOM, a dust collector.
2015-5-18
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.4

United States

I have the same issue but on the main controller... Not the slave... And it does not matter if I have different ipads!! I have had no time to check  and see what it might be , but it did happened after last firmware update as well for me....
2015-5-18
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.1

Canada

We had the same problem this weekend as well.  Solution was posted elsewhere, but had to do with changing the video from auto to a selected channel.  
2015-5-18
Use props
Fred D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

My wife and I have not used both controllers since the last update. After reading this thread I decided to test it out. We took the I1 with both controllers out for a test flight. And guess what??  Same problem.
We had no problems like this before the last update. I (pilot) use an iPad mini2 and my wife (camera) uses an iPad Air2, we have a Samsung Tab4 so we tried that as well on the slave and same thing only worse.
2015-5-18
Use props
tombwasempty
New

United States

Thanks for suggestion Shadrack. I set the channel from auto to custom and choose a clear channel. It did seem to correct the issues with losing signal and screen stutter at closer range but the Slave lost video signal to drone long before the Master controller did. Again I had no experience with flying the Inspire before this firmware release, so take it with grain of salt ;)
2015-5-18
Use props
acasarin
New

Mexico

it is incredible how bad quality is involve on Inspire1
hundreds of people claiming on different issues

This is unaceptable
2015-5-22
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Portlights Posted at 2015-5-17 22:43
Does anyone know if it's al least possible to down grade the firmware or reset to factory default so ...

At this point, DJI has made the firmware upgrade irreversible and only allows you to move forward. Here is an example  trying to move back to Version 1.02.01 from 1.02.01.03

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:10 unsynchronized ======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.01.00.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Rich
2015-5-22
Use props
davidbsamuels
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tried adjusting the "Image transmission quality" ??  I haven't had a chance to test this yet.  I'm wondering if that can help on both the pilot remote and or the camera remote?  Raining in Mpls. so I won't get to test it today that's for sure.
2015-5-24
Use props
hctv
lvl.1

United States

We had the same issue here yesterday since the update. Definitely seemed worse at distance but still had the issue even relatively close.  It was only our first flight after the firmware update so we haven't had a chance to try the work around of setting the channel manually. Hopefully this gets resolved soon as it makes recording a bit tricky.
2015-5-24
Use props
info.bensturges
New

United Kingdom

hctv Posted at 2015-5-25 06:25
We had the same issue here yesterday since the update. Definitely seemed worse at distance but still ...

Bump!   Yes I'm experiencing exactly the same issue since updating firmware, my slave controller is constantly dropping video and going to black while the master controller remains solid signal.
2015-6-3
Use props
workoner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15046 ft
Ukraine

info.bensturges Posted at 2015-6-4 15:41
Bump!   Yes I'm experiencing exactly the same issue since updating firmware, my slave controller i ...

Dont know how it on latest FW, but i have this problem right from box and on FW from 2015.5.6 Symptoms are:

1. Right after power on - all works fine
2. Few minutes on ground or in the air - and slave TX lost its signal. I still can operate camera, but have no picture or any status info from Inspire 1. Button, that return camera to its original position (yaw) stop working
3. Nether restart app or any use any other devices, or custom frequencies didnt work
4. Work only power cycle remote, but not for long.

After some close look i noticed that slave TX has abnormal heating form bottom side, right at HDMI port. its about 10-15 deg celsius more, than on master TX. Try different condition - with ipad\iphone plugged in and without - same result.

Isuggets - there is some sort of problem with overheating internal components. 5 min result int 50-55 deg celsius on plastic surfaces! This problem may cause a lot of flyaway, if its happen on master TX. So best way - test all on ground

TX was sent to local dealer few day ago. Waiting for result
2015-6-4
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.1

Canada

acasarin Posted at 2015-5-23 12:38
it is incredible how bad quality is involve on Inspire1
hundreds of people claiming on different iss ...

Where are these hundreds of people reporting on the same issue.  I am on every major site and have yet to see hundreds of people complaining so would love to see the link to your source.
2015-6-8
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.1

Canada

workoner@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-4 21:21
Dont know how it on latest FW, but i have this problem right from box and on FW from 2015.5.6 Symp ...

This problem may result in flyaways?  
How?
Even if the controller shut down, how does that amount to a flyaway?
2015-6-8
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Slave controller is jacked.  I got my inspire out to 1600 feet with perfect HD video to the main controller.  The slave went black about 800 feet.
2015-6-8
Use props
workoner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15046 ft
Ukraine

Shadrack Posted at 2015-6-9 05:01
This problem may result in flyaways?  
How?
Even if the controller shut down, how does that amount ...

If this happens with master TX... btw - TX not totally disconnected. I still able to control camera gimbal. but no info from bird. and, what more relevant, heating can cause more problem with TX. my was totally ignore other input from TX - like start\stop recording or get camera position to its original. thats what i mean. plus - one more place where look if this sort of problem shows up.

of cource this is QC or hardware problem.
2015-6-12
Use props
cenk
New

Turkey

has anyone managed to solve this problem? My main controller is working properly but my slave is not. Changed cable, changed I-pad with a Samsung and a shield. Still loosing video signal but the slave successfully operates the gimbal etc.. only the video is not working properly on the slave...
Meanwhile the master controller works properly....
2015-11-24
Use props
paulchoppysoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160894282 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Fixed, at least for me. Thanks to tip from Ergo Zjeci on FB;
Now i got the signal back to slave!!!  I use the method i write above but you need hold both video and photo shutter buttons ... So holding down buttons  C1 + C2  + video shutter + photo shutter together while restarting the RC. Note that the password will reset each time for master/slave so it will not be 1234 anymore but 6060 or different.. Also note first start the reset process with Master set to OFF and after you success with MASTER RC start doing the SLAVE

I did it to both transmitters  and initially was good but laggy. also vanished again after a few minutes?!! But then I did it again on #2 transmitter and video came back. Did the usual restart off all devices and all looks good again.
2015-11-25
Use props
Davik
lvl.1

Costa Rica

Just would like to put +1 to solution with restarting remote controls. I had completely the same problem. RC and aircraft have latest firmware, when Master RC worked perfectly, but Slave start to lose video signal after 40-50m distance of the aircraft.

So first did master RC restart, then slave, then reconnected slave to master and everything start to work.

Here is link to another thread to more detailed restart process http://forum.dji.com/thread-35981-1-1.html
2016-3-9
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Permanent fix for this issue is to do the channel hack.
Search the forum for the discussion, or google 'DJI 32 channel hack' and you're golden.

It was a case of the original Inspire configuration being released with channels and power output beyond spec.
When they re-configured the FW/App back to 8 channels and reduced power the problem arose.

2016-3-9
Use props
emadawad
lvl.1

Australia

Any update on this issue, I am still having this issue even with the 32 channel hack.  Thanks.
2017-6-4
Use props
Fernando_Mutis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7103 ft
Colombia

Where I found information of 32 chanel Hack for Inspire 1, not for Phantom 4.

Someone try the 32 channel hack for inspire 1?
2017-7-12
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Fernando_Mutis Posted at 2017-7-12 21:40
Where I found information of 32 chanel Hack for Inspire 1, not for Phantom 4.

Someone try the 32 channel hack for inspire 1?

It works fine but I dont think it is available to  those outside the USA, Unless you change  your Country on the Go app to USA.

It works well but not like Night and day ,  Are you getting that much Interference  where you think this would benefit you ?

Do you have the option for "Custom channels"  on your Go app ?  If yes then you can load it no problem , If NO then like I say , need to change country of origin .
Here is a link to the file if needed , scroll down in the post and if you go to you tube you can find instructions on jpw to do it .  Keep in mind you will need I tunes loaded to a computer to do this .

I- pad Pro 32 channel "Update "  Challenge ( Update  Solved  )

donnie
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules