Have you disconnection problems
2508 16 2015-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ara9112003
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

Have you disconnection problems with the P3 after New Firmware upgrade ?
Single SelectVote, Total 94 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

29.79% (28)
31.91% (30)
21.28% (20)
17.02% (16)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-5-14
Use props
erdbeerknoedel2
lvl.1

Germany

I never had any disconnects, im using my sony xperia z2 tablet with android and its running perfectly fine.
2015-5-14
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Opps - I had the problems before the upgrade!
I have not yet had it since - but it only happened in 2 of my past flights out of 10 or so.
2015-5-14
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l haven't yet upgraded
2015-5-14
Use props
romos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

After the last upgrade i have this issues and even not connecting.
2015-5-14
Use props
eThug
lvl.1

United States

I had disconnection issues where the controller would disconnect to my phone. I changed the USB cable out and now it works fine, for some reason it seems that some cables will cause the issue and others will work perfectly. I have no idea how that works, but I'm gonna go with it.
2015-5-16
Use props
Arvy55
lvl.2

United States

not at all, i use my Galaxy Note 4 to fly my P3P and it works well without any issue.
2015-5-18
Use props
jayson
lvl.1

United States

eThug Posted at 2015-5-17 04:25
I had disconnection issues where the controller would disconnect to my phone. I changed the USB cabl ...

USB cables are susceptible to RF interference which can cause connection issues
2015-5-18
Use props
jayson
lvl.1

United States

Hey can we do another poll that asks whether you have Auto or Custom set for HD Video link and if custom what settings. I think it is more app/firmware related then actual interference.
2015-5-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

None with my iOS.
2015-5-19
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

I have a noob question:
So I took my Phantom 3 out today and flew it 200 meters away before getting the "maximum distance error" thing. Apparently I had the maximum flight distance set to 200M.
So I went into the settings to change it, but it says to enter a value between 15 - 500M.  But even at 500 meters, thats only 0.3 miles. Why does DJI say that the maximum range is 1.2 miles?
Am I missing something? It's probably something obvious that I'm doing wrong.
Please help me out.
2015-5-19
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Did you disable "Enable max distance" ?
2015-5-20
Use props
harderna
lvl.1

United States

You need to go to the website and read the USERS MANUAL.  I had the same problems.  It tells you what you need in it.  The quick reference guide that comes in the box is just that QUICK, not full.  You read it and you will figure it out.  
2015-5-20
Use props
harderna
lvl.1

United States

And for the issue this thread was started for, my last two flights have had disconnections.  IOS.  Not sure what is going on.  But I am very thankful for the RTH!!
2015-5-20
Use props
niktnowy
lvl.2

United States

I have a noob question:
So I took my Phantom 3 out today and flew it 200 meters away before getting the "maximum distance error" thing. Apparently I had the maximum flight distance set to 200M.
So I went into the settings to change it, but it says to enter a value between 15 - 500M.  But even at 500 meters, thats only 0.3 miles. Why does DJI say that the maximum range is 1.2 miles?
Am I missing something? It's probably something obvious that I'm doing wrong.
Please help me out.

This was  altitude max 0-500m.  By default is set to 400ft or about 120 meters.
2015-5-20
Use props
niktnowy
lvl.2

United States

harderna@yahoo. Posted at 2015-5-20 23:22
And for the issue this thread was started for, my last two flights have had disconnections.  IOS.  N ...

Check or change USB cable.  Had same issue of disconnection. While I did not lose control of the aircraft I did jiggle cable a little to get it back.  
After I replaced cable with new one from other manufacturer I did not have any problems.

On the side of this discussion - I wonder of quality  of other components as every time I land back safe, I breathe easier.
2015-5-20
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I am using an iPad Air 2 mostly.  I also tried an Nvidia Shield 8.  I have not experienced any disconnects yet.  

But I always put the tablet in airplane mode to avoid WiFi & bluetooth radio interference with the lightbridge & controller radios.
2015-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules