Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android App constantly running in background
2300 6 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jake1164
lvl.1

United States

Does anybody else notice that since using the Android Pilot app the GPS is constantly searching and when I go into battery and force close the DJI app it stops searching.  This thing is killing my battery on my android devices, if it wasnt for the fact that I need it to run the phantom I would uninstall it.. I cherish my phone / tablet battery life.

2015-5-15
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Unlike other apps, it also appears the app runs continually. Frankly, I guess that's the way it ought to be. I wouldn't want to be in the middle of the river (figuratively speaking) and discover the app went silent.

I don't think there's any other app on my phone (Galaxy S5) that acts like the DJI Pilot. I just make darn sure it's fully charged when I go flying. It might be nice if the mobile device drew power through the USB port as well as a data connection.

I have a couple of external USB-powering devices (one of them is very, very powerful) but can't connect them simultaneously with the data connection. I would almost rather have a big battery on a small table with a ground station.
2015-5-15
Use props
jake1164
lvl.1

United States

While running the drone I agree it should run in the background, however, when my device is dead the next morning because its been seeking GPS all night is a problem.
2015-5-15
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

jake1164@hotmai Posted at 2015-5-15 19:35
While running the drone I agree it should run in the background, however, when my device is dead the ...

What's the big problem to turn Pilot off after your done flying? You can do that easily on all of the Android tablets I have owned.
2015-5-15
Use props
Fingerlaker
lvl.1

United States

No kidding. My Nexus 7 battery would normally last days before I started using the Pilot app. There's no "off" switch unless you go into app info and "force stop" the app. It's kinda of a pain.
2015-5-15
Use props
jake1164
lvl.1

United States

At minimum it would be nice to put an icon in the task menu with a close option
2015-5-15
Use props
bryson79

United States

I have to hold down the home button on my Galaxy S3 and then swipe through the app to kill it. The controller does charge my phone slightly. I measured it at about 450mA. The wall charger is 1A on my phone. The net result is my phone is slightly less charged after flying than it otherwise would have been.
2015-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules