Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3 Pro arrived, and motors wouldn't start until I updated firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Abe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P3 Pro arrived and when I turned it on, the motors would not start. I initially thought I had a bad unit because the aircraft turned on, the RC worked and had a green light, but the Pilot App showed "disconnected" and when I did the CSC command, the motors would not start.

So I fully charged the batteries on both the remote and aircraft, then did a firmware upgrade to both (already had the latest Pilot app on my iPhone since I also fly the Inspire 1), and voila! everything worked fine.

Thought I would share this in case anyone else ends up having a similar out-of-the-box experience. Remain calm and carry on (with firmware upgrade!).
2015-5-15
Use props
alexandereberle
New

Germany

Do you "activate your aircraft" in your app?

My problem is, its bot possible to activate my Phantom3 and i am unable to start the motor...

Have you any ideas?

Here is the url to my thread:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid123653

Thank you!
2015-5-15
Use props
Abe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

alexandereberle Posted at 2015-5-16 14:46

My problem is, its bot possible to activate my Phantom ...

Hmmm... Sorry to ask this, but did you connect your mobile device to the RC with a USB cable? The Phanton 2 connected to the RC via WiFi, but the P3 uses a USB cable.

Assuming you did that correctly, what happened with me was right after the firmware update,  I started the Phantom and RC with my Pilot app running (with iPhone 6), and a message automatically came up in the app to register my aircraft. Then I just followed the prompts.

Try to change settings (press the :: icon at top right corner of app). That may prompt the register message to come up.

It may be possible you don't have access to the internet where you are trying to do this? If that's not it, then I suggest you try the chat line support. I have a feeling this could be a simple to solve problem that they can probably help with.
2015-5-16
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

alexandereberle Posted at 2015-5-16 14:46

My problem is, its bot possible to activate my Phantom ...

Are you using an Android device? If so,

The version available on GooglePlay is NOT the current version. The current/correct version is available via DJI (support/downloads). If your Android version is 1.0.10 then you're suffering the same way I did when I first got started.

The DJI copy on their web site is v1.1.0

If you're using iOS, I'm out of ideas!
2015-5-16
Use props
blundrigan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11447 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got mine today and had the same issue.  With the P3, you need to activate it through the Pilot App, as has been stated by others here. What's confusing is that until you do, the motors won't start, but the Gimbal control works.  Update the firmware, and start the Pilot App and you'll get a setup wizard that activates the motors! Took me all day to figure this out. I bet the Pilot App also says 'disconnected' when you choose Camera, right? The clincher for me was to delete everything but the bin file off of the usb device, which, in turn finally made the firmware update actually appear on the controller side. Prior to that, the activation wizard never even appeared.
2015-5-16
Use props
nsemaltianos
New

Greece

Hi there! I had the same problems as Abe in #1 described. Thus I tried to update the P3P using the latest DJI Firmware. It sounded like normal during the updating process but the final .txt results file which I got was the following:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

As you can see it gives "remo-con disconnect" which looks weird but in the Result it gives "Success". I then proceeded in trying to update the controller. I was not getting anything just the red light on and after 3-4 mins a constant beeping and finally the controller was switched off by itself. Also the DJI app in the status bar was giving me "Disconnected". However I am now able to arm the motors of the P3P just by using the controller only and without even connecting any tablet to it. I don't know what's going on... if I have done anything wrong during the updating process, if the controller has been indeed updated and what the "Disconnected" status means and/or how to avoid it.
2015-12-29
Use props
nsemaltianos
New

Greece

Hi there! I had the same problems as Abe in #1 described. Thus I tried to update the P3P using the latest DJI Firmware. It sounded like normal during the updating process but the final .txt results file which I got was the following:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

As you can see it gives "remo-con disconnect" which looks weird but in the Result it gives "Success". I then proceeded in trying to update the controller. I was not getting anything just the red light on and after 3-4 mins a constant beeping and finally the controller was switched off by itself. Also the DJI app in the status bar was giving me "Disconnected". However I am now able to arm the motors of the P3P just by using the controller only and without even connecting any tablet to it. I don't know what's going on... if I have done anything wrong during the updating process, if the controller has been updated indeed and what the "Disconnected" status means and/or how to avoid it.
2015-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules