Phantom 3 Maximum distance less than 500M
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nguyễn Thắng
lvl.1

United States

hi guys,

Did I configure something incorrectly? Under Image Transmission Setting - I chose both Auto or Manual Channel 20 but neither posted improvement. I am in Orange County, Southern CA. Will upload screenshot later. forum does not allow images over 1MB

IMG_0046.jpg
IMG_0047.jpg
2015-5-17
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

What exactly is the problem?

You lose video at 500 meters distance? Can you still see the Phantom? What is the altitude of the Phantom? As a rule of thumb, it needs to be LOS - line of sight. So if it flew 'behind' (too low) a building or sometimes perhaps even trees, it will likely loose connection.

If you go out that far you should expect to also go to a higher altitude to ensure a line of sight between the remote and you

Also make sure you anteannas on the Remote Control are pointed as directed in the manual; with the "flat" (long) side pointing towards the location of the quadcopter. They should be pointing upwards (like the legs on the Phantom) if you are out that far. Only if you are right above yourself should could they be horizontal - pointing upwards with the flat/long side. Also, the anteannas should be pointing exactly the same way - not crossed or out to the sides.

Hope that helps. If not, try to explain your problem in more detail.

-
Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-17
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I have gone 3000 meters out  @ 100 meters altitude with no problem. I feel you must be having some terrible interference. Just my take. Try other flying sites.
2015-5-17
Use props
Nguyễn Thắng
lvl.1

United States

Thanks, guys!

I just updated the screen shots. My antennas are always parellel and pointed upward which form a right triangle with the RC.
2015-5-18
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

lt doesn't look normal to me. l haven't had a chance to take it anywhere remote enough to send it long-distance yet, the furthest it went was 1500ft and 400ft high, with all bars lit up for a strong signal.
l also had to do a job where l started within a cleared circle of very large trees and had to send it out FPV to fly the lot perimeter. Again, in spite of the trees and lack of visual contact the signal was strong. l'm not sure what to suggest but l think your concern is legitimate.
2015-5-18
Use props
Nguyễn Thắng
lvl.1

United States

Yeah -- I wish there is someone with P3 locally so I could seek for advice. I would consider my place a populated are but no other buildings with 3+ floors except for my home.
2015-5-18
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

that does look very buildup, lots of building likely lots interference sources, try a new flying site away from buildings ect and see how you get on,
2015-5-18
Use props
Nguyễn Thắng
lvl.1

United States

Most of them are restaurants and one or two are hotel. Unless a Fire Station closed by has some kind of interference.
2015-5-18
Use props
Nguyễn Thắng
lvl.1

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-18 02:13
What exactly is the problem?

You lose video at 500 meters distance? Can you still see the Phanto ...

Any suggestions?
2015-5-19
Use props
pporter6054
lvl.1

United States

try a diff. channel, the best channels are the ones that are 'lowest' , if it peaks up its no good, I think mostly its your location, all hotels have Wi-Fi so is most likely swamped
2015-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules