"No import tax"
701 5 2015-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

Does this refer only to Phantom, or also to accessories such as backpacks?

2015-5-18
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

I bought a battery and wasn't taxes so I would assume everything.
2015-5-18
Use props
jdwebb
lvl.1

United States

If you see "import tax" on your bill before you order, cancel it. To my knowledge, there is no such thing as import tax. If you see it, its another method for the seller to gain more profit...possibly illegally.
2015-5-18
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

jdwebb Posted at 2015-5-19 06:41
If you see "import tax" on your bill before you order, cancel it. To my knowledge, there is no such  ...

I've only ever had it in the past from DHL or Fedex.
2015-5-18
Use props
jdwebb
lvl.1

United States

If DHL or FedEx is adding it to your bill, they can't call it a tax, that is illegal. If anything, it must be some kind of shipping fee? I'd question it if I were you.
2015-5-18
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

This is a little different, but you should keep it in mind also. I purchased my P3a from DJI direct and used a VISA card from my bank. I was billed $999. Great! Then VISA charged a separate "international transaction fee" of  $30 to my Visa account. I called the bank and they reversed the fee and changed my account type to one that isn't charged international fees. It must be an option only for people that complain. Something to keep in mind if you are dealing directly with a company in CN, HK, etc and not through Amazon or other US vendors. It's not about where it's shipped from, but where it's ordered from.
2015-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules