Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Hi Guys,

VPS... When to use it and when not too.

Ideas?

I'm reading that most seem to be turning it off... Why?

Just got my PH3A yesterday.

Thxs

Chris
2015-5-20
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's main functions are for indoor flight - secondary functions are for the auto takeoff and landings (which may work to anyway).....it may also help if you like to fly 3 feet above a path or a road and follow along.

I turned mine off and don't notice the difference at all...that is, I don't use auto takeoff, etc. or fly inside. Even if there is only a tiny chance of it getting confused by dust, funny surfaces, programming, etc. I would rather not take that chance...so it's off for now. If I am going to fly inside I'll turn it on.
2015-5-20
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

I also have mine off. I've seen some videos on youtube that suggest there maybe issues with it. Also I assume it is reducing battery life when on.
2015-5-20
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Ok thxs guys...

I know with my PH2 V+ I had times where I could not get a GPS lock, a VPS would have been handy...

So I'll see how it goes.

but VPS and over water not a good idea?

Thxs
2015-5-20
Use props
espinosa.josero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8320 ft
United States

I bought 2 Phantoms 3 and one on my first flight sent me a message on my Screen that said: "ultrasonic system error" then it makes the same moves as this link on youtube (that is not me I found this after happened to me)  except I didn't place my hand under the sensors.and my camera was damaged and I am sending it back to DJI. My other Phantom 3 it is OK but I just turned off the sensors.

2015-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules